Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 18:14   #46
Resident Waffler

Re: New Tesco Store

Sounds like it's going to get very busy round that mini roundabout.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2007, 18:22   #47
God Member

What compensation is available and how do I claim it?

Bernie -You might get some compen

"People whose property suffers a loss in value due to the operation of a nearby scheme, may also be able to claim compensation. "

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 18:33   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What compensation is available and how do I claim it?

Bernie -You might get some compen

"People whose property suffers a loss in value due to the operation of a nearby scheme, may also be able to claim compensation. "
We will have to wait and see if and when it is built.
Old 06-10-2007, 18:35   #49
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Sounds like it's going to get very busy round that mini roundabout.
I had a chat with one of the Tesco blokes in the Town Hall today. They are expecting about 500 cars an hour to use the store. I pointed out the problems that would occur at the Eagle Street/ Blackburn Road junction and he said they were looking to widen the junction. Short of removing the pavements I can`t see how they`d do it. And everyone who uses that road now knows how congested it is. Thank Gawd I`m a pedestrian!
Old 06-10-2007, 18:41   #50
God Member

I was just trying to work out if they could perhaps have an entrance round near the Globe Centre. Don't know if that is feasible I will have a walk round tomorrow see if it could be done. As for widening the junction can't see how they can do that. It is all supposition at the moment we will just have to wait and see!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 18:50   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Heck we could go all out and create a new supermarket right there on eagle street, but why not have a load of independant retailers inside it?
Isn't this what Arndale centres are meant to be Cyfr? If they are not attracting them, then surely your Utopia suggestion is not going to either.

Could attract more visitors to the centre, however, if their parking is restricted to customers and fines for long stay, as it is so near to the town centre, then nobody is going to move to try and find a further parking space within town .. they will just go home.

Believe me, if Tesco want it, they will get .. as mentioned before, they are the bullies of the Planning world.

Hardly go myself now, I feel Asda and Sainsburys offer much better fresh foods, meats, etc., (including micro-waves ) these days
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 18:51   #52
God Member

Bernie - You wont need home delivery - be able to nip in wearing your slippers

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 18:53   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Bernie - You wont need home delivery - be able to nip in wearing your slippers
Was thinking that the other day but having read the comments on here a lot of people don't rate Tesco. Must admit I like Asda but once again will have to wait and see.
Old 06-10-2007, 19:01   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Was thinking that the other day but having read the comments on here a lot of people don't rate Tesco. Must admit I like Asda but once again will have to wait and see.
Just see what happens in Gt. Harwood, even if isn't necessary for a super store, I will eat my thongs if you don't see it going up within the next 6 months.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 19:09   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Just see what happens in Gt. Harwood, even if isn't necessary for a super store, I will eat my thongs if you don't see it going up within the next 6 months.
It won't bother me, gypsies won't be able to park up anymore But really you get used to the noise and the traffic. Imagine what it was like when the steam trains were firing up, it must be quiet now compared to then!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 13:01   #56

Big business always wins. Tesco gets what Tesco wants. The Superstore is as good as built. Two huge supermarkets in our town only means depriving the established shops and businesses even more. All the Sole-traders will have to trade their souls and apply for a McJob at Tesco.
SimonGudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:31   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well Kate start eating your thongsNothing happening across the way in fact the gypsy caravan is still there
Old 10-05-2008, 01:33   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Well Kate start eating your thongsNothing happening across the way in fact the gypsy caravan is still there
nowt seems to be happening in great harwood either

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:39   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
nowt seems to be happening in great harwood either
Wonder if they have been knocked back!! Still want to see you eating your thongs Kate
Old 10-05-2008, 08:17   #60

we have been going to tesco since we moved to blackburn last week we went to asda for a change could not believe the difference in price of the weekly shop we spend around £110 normaly at asda we spent £85 the meat and fruit are much cheaper and better quality goodbye tesco!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..