Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 22:59   #46

Re: Hospital parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
I would mind paying irrespective of the amount. Some git is making a living off the back of others being in pain , misery or just trying to do their job.

£3.80 or £1.80 isn’t the point ( I don’t work there though, easy for me to say I know ) it’s the principal.

There should be no parking fees in my opinion.
Dont get me wrong i think they should be NO charge too.
Im just woundering what road tax is for when you still have to pay to park!!!!
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2008, 23:02   #47

Too right it shouldn’t be happening Bernie. The management have all the info they need regarding staff vehicles. I was just wondering who the super efficient wardens went to with their proof that there was a failure to display. Proof being the operative word.
Old 05-07-2008, 23:08   #48
God Member

Thanks for the link Bonnyboy, as for the proof I am as wise as you but it really gets my goat things like this!!
Old 05-07-2008, 23:11   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAlec View Post
Dont get me wrong i think they should be NO charge too.
Im just woundering what road tax is for when you still have to pay to park!!!!
Don’t think the Road Rax covers Private land which I assume the Health Authority claim it is. I do take your point though, It’s just pay pay pay.

Christ even when you do pay, the vehicle is left “At your own risk”
Old 06-07-2008, 01:29   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Don’t think the Road Rax covers Private land which I assume the Health Authority claim it is. I do take your point though, It’s just pay pay pay.

Christ even when you do pay, the vehicle is left “At your own risk”
Surly the hospital grounds are owned by the goverment... NHS is so there carparks should be... OOH WAIT i guess they could be owned by ppl like NCP
LOL a blond moment! even tho im not blond
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:29   #51
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Hospital parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Surprised nobody has mentioned the story in the Telegraph wher staff are being fined for not displaying their parking permits clearly. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that they have to pay in the first place but when they are in designated staff car parks it is obvious that they have a pass. Now they have been fined £65 which is taken out of their wages. What the hell is going on here???
Well that’s what you get when the government wastes our taxes on illegal wars, replenishing a nuclear deterrent that we cannot use without the permission of the yanks, to name just 2, and then cannot afford to build new hospitals, so turns to the biggest con of modern times the PFI.

Hospital staff should not be charged for parking and there should be adequate space for them to do so. And if the staff car park is full, the staff should be able to park in the visitor’s car park without a charge.

In fact there should be no parking fee for attending a hospital whether as a patient, visitor or staff.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:02   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Well that’s what you get when the government wastes our taxes on illegal wars, replenishing a nuclear deterrent that we cannot use without the permission of the yanks, to name just 2, and then cannot afford to build new hospitals, so turns to the biggest con of modern times the PFI.

Hospital staff should not be charged for parking and there should be adequate space for them to do so. And if the staff car park is full, the staff should be able to park in the visitor’s car park without a charge.

In fact there should be no parking fee for attending a hospital whether as a patient, visitor or staff.
Spot on JB, as I've said before its a tax on the sick, but only the English sick that is, its a time we got back to all for one and one for all, this different rules for different areas is a total nonsense, just like the drugs post code, mind you that will be put right by the 4th NHS shake up in 11 years, so I'm not holding my breathe
Old 06-07-2008, 11:57   #53
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: Hospital parking

This PFI business in building new hospitals, school etc is nothing more than a sneaky way of siphoning taxpayers’ money into the private pocket.

And now the government is promoting Policlinics. Are they going to be yet another PFI initiative?

Maybe Policlinics should be a thread on its own?
Old 29-07-2008, 13:35   #54
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Hospital parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Do you get out of your car?

I thought you just sat there in a disabled parking bay, while your able bodied passenger did your errands?
I’ve just renewed my Blue Badge and it arrived today complete with a rather snazzy booklet.

Under “Who can use your badge?” it clearly states:
“Do not allow other people to use your badge to do something on your behalf such as shopping or collecting something for you, unless you are travelling with them.”

Garinda you were one of a number of people who continually made snide remarks about me when my grandson went into a store to buy something on my behalf whilst I sat in my car.

I did nothing wrong so up yours jerk!
Old 29-07-2008, 16:07   #55
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I’ve just renewed my Blue Badge and it arrived today complete with a rather snazzy booklet.

Under “Who can use your badge?” it clearly states:
“Do not allow other people to use your badge to do something on your behalf such as shopping or collecting something for you, unless you are travelling with them.”

Garinda you were one of a number of people who continually made snide remarks about me when my grandson went into a store to buy something on my behalf whilst I sat in my car.

My, my.

What a temper!

Is that your little feet I hear stamping?

If you took the time to read back what was actually posted, you'll notice myself, and others, never said you were doing anything illegal.

Comment was passed that by you sitting in your car in a designated disabled space, whilst your able bodied passenger went about your business, that this was morally wrong.

I still think this selfish use of your parking badge is morally wrong.

Your selfish actions might mean a disabled person, who was trying to do their own errands, could be prevented from doing so.

Whichever way you wish to dress up what you did, to me it is morally reprehensible, and shows scant regard for other people's needs.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 16:16   #56
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I do so pity those poor souls, who through possession of a poor vocabulary, need to resort to abuse...which by the way is against forum rules.

Out with anger, in with love.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 16:27   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
My, my.

What a temper!

Is that your little feet I hear stamping?

If you took the time to read back what was actually posted, you'll notice myself, and others, never said you were doing anything illegal.

Comment was passed that by you sitting in your car in a designated disabled space, whilst your able bodied passenger went about your business, that this was morally wrong.

I still think this selfish use of your parking badge is morally wrong.

Your selfish actions might mean a disabled person, who was trying to do their own errands, could be prevented from doing so.

Whichever way you wish to dress up what you did, to me it is morally reprehensible, and shows scant regard for other people's needs.
Well Rindi I've had blue badge long enough to rememer when they were orange, and to me the rules must have changed, I was and for that matter still am, of the opinion that to park in a disabled space the badge holder must not be in the care, otherwise why bother with a badge in the first place, its meant to allow disabled people access to shops and other buildngs not sit there whilst some one able bodied gets out and does the errands or tasks on behalf of the badge older, to me thats just a nonsense
Old 29-07-2008, 17:21   #58
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
its meant to allow disabled people access to shops and other buildngs not sit there whilst some one able bodied gets out and does the errands or tasks on behalf of the badge older, to me thats just a nonsense
I agree with you but he wont. It may be legal but it does not make it right.
Old 29-07-2008, 20:13   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I agree with you but he wont. It may be legal but it does not make it right.
Well if it's legal it must be right,these are the rules we live by. I never got a parking ticket till I got a blue badge,I've had two now. both of which were repealed(smart arsed traffic wardens)
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 22:48   #60
God Member

I went last week for an xray and used the car park.
I could walk in without an appointment so had decided that if there were traffic jams on the way, or the car park was full, I could turn back and go another time.

There were spaces and no jams, so I parked.
I was back out in under an hour - cost £1.80.

My problem arose when I tried to find the way out.
I saw a set of barriers and made my way towards them only to find that they were only a way in.

After a 3 point turn I found that I had to negotiate the whole car park area, proceed in the opposite direction to the road markings, cross some empty parking spaces before I found the exit barriers.

Has anyone else had this problem or am I getting senile?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..