Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2008, 23:03   #61
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Hospital parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Well if it's legal it must be right
Not at all, lots of things are legal that many don't think are right.
Old 29-07-2008, 23:31   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Well if it's legal it must be right,
disagree Blazeys legal n yer saying shes right?
Old 29-07-2008, 23:38   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
disagree Blazeys legal n yer saying shes right?
More chance of me swimming the Channel under water doing the back stroke than???? Fill in the blanks yourself.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 10:43   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not at all, lots of things are legal that many don't think are right.
Must agree Neil, but I'm still having a problem with the disabled drive sitting in the car whilst an able bodied passenger does the shopping or what ever, it just flies against what the blue badge parking system is all about. That is why they now have a photo on them and it must be displayed. The system is about disabled people being able to park closer to an enterance, not allowing them just to take up a space whilst the passenger gets out to take care of buisness. A disabled driver is not just a taxi service for an able bodied person, if thats the case here are taxi ranks in most town centre so the able bodied should use them
Old 30-07-2008, 12:01   #65
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Hospital parking

Of course all those claiming the moral high ground are as clean as the driven snow and have NEVER done anything morally wrong. They are all saints! Yeh! Right! Get real!

All they were interesting is getting in a bit of “jambutty” bashing because I had the honesty to state that on one occasion I took my grandson with me to carry a heavy bag of seed compost to my car. My presence in the store was totally surplus to requirements and it would have meant that I would have to make a very uncomfortable foray through the store to pay for the product. Why should I put myself in a situation of pain to satisfy the moral bigots on this forum? I broke no rule and didn’t even bend one.

I too have had the Disabled Parking Badge since it was orange jaysay and the rules have not changed on the currently discussed point. The badge holder has always had to be in the car to qualify for the parking privileges. There is and never has been anything to say that the badge holder has to get out of the car.

A friend of mine, who can only get around in a wheelchair, always takes an able bodied person with him when he goes shopping. I suppose that you lot would have him have his wheelchair deployed from the car, struggle into it, just to buy a couple of things to satisfy your pseudo moral stance? This, of course, would also occupy the disabled bay for longer.

If you holier than thou bigots want to have a go at Blue Badge holders then target those who lend their badge to perfectly able bodied people. Don’t forget those who just use disabled parking bays without displaying a Blue Badge and then when challenged hurl out loads of abuse or come out with either “I’ve left it at home” or “I’ll only be a minute”.
Old 30-07-2008, 12:11   #66
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Hospital parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Must agree Neil, but I'm still having a problem with the disabled drive sitting in the car whilst an able bodied passenger does the shopping or what ever, it just flies against what the blue badge parking system is all about. That is why they now have a photo on them and it must be displayed. The system is about disabled people being able to park closer to an enterance, not allowing them just to take up a space whilst the passenger gets out to take care of buisness. A disabled driver is not just a taxi service for an able bodied person, if thats the case here are taxi ranks in most town centre so the able bodied should use them
You really need to read the Blue Badge rules jaysay.

The Blue Badge has to be displayed so that the serial number and expiry date is easily visible through the windscreen and must be accompanied by the “clock part” (except in Scotland). The photograph is on the other side of the badge and is there to establish that the person displaying the badge is the rightful owner, if asked to by certain officials, like a traffic warden, policeman/woman/community police person or car park attendant where there is free parking for badge holders.
Old 30-07-2008, 15:10   #67

What I don't understand is this. If you are taking an able bodied person with you to do the shopping, and the badge holder doesn't get out of the car, then why do you need to use a disabled space? Surely if your not getting out of the car, then you don't need either to park near the entrance, or to be in a wider space to get out in you struggle or are in a wheelchair? So why not park in a normal space?

Or am I missing something here?
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 15:18   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceten View Post
What I don't understand is this. If you are taking an able bodied person with you to do the shopping, and the badge holder doesn't get out of the car, then why do you need to use a disabled space? Surely if your not getting out of the car, then you don't need either to park near the entrance, or to be in a wider space to get out in you struggle or are in a wheelchair? So why not park in a normal space?

the only thing missing fer me is someone will not " Hold There Hand Up" i will now probably be accused of being one of the clique or bashers.
Old 30-07-2008, 16:32   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:

My point entirely forceten, I've held a disabled parking badge since 1985, and have always believed that this badge is for the convenience of the disabled person so as to enable them to access shops and buildings more easily by being able to park nearer to their destination, we're not talking rocket science here. If a disabled driver is going to say ASDA and parks in a space reserved for disabled drivers, then sits there whilst his/her able bodied passenger gets out and does the shopping, it's to say the least, bloody stupid and nobody is going to tell me any different. It is very rare I use my badge as I don't drive now, but I'm still entitled to use it on a relatives care if I need to. Even so when I attend The Royal I pay because its such a bind messing about trying to claim it back, I just can't be assed.
Old 30-07-2008, 16:35   #70

Jaysay you don't have to get a ticket if you have a disabled badge at the Royal Blackburn. If you go to the main carpark next to the main entrance, there are loads of disabled bays, and there is no barrier there either. As long as you display a valid blue badge, then you don't need a ticket.
Old 30-07-2008, 16:36   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
the only thing missing fer me is someone will not " Hold There Hand Up" i will now probably be accused of being one of the clique or bashers.
Well I ain't cashy and thats for sure, its not about that my mate its about common sense, pure and simple, anyway didn't know there were cliques orbashers on here anyway
Old 30-07-2008, 16:40   #72
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Jaysay you don't have to get a ticket if you have a disabled badge at the Royal Blackburn. If you go to the main carpark next to the main entrance, there are loads of disabled bays, and there is no barrier there either. As long as you display a valid blue badge, then you don't need a ticket.
Thanks or that forceten, but I don't think that it was always like that. The first time I had an appiontment there after it opened you had to claim it back from the desk in the main entry hall, so I haven't tried since.
Old 30-07-2008, 16:43   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Well I ain't cashy and thats for sure, its not about that my mate its about common sense, pure and simple, anyway didn't know there were cliques orbashers on here anyway
there aint,only in some folks minds.
Old 30-07-2008, 16:45   #74

Quote:
Thanks or that forceten, but I don't think that it was always like that. The first time I had an appiontment there after it opened you had to claim it back from the desk in the main entry hall, so I haven't tried since.

No problem. I think it was like that at the beginning but then they realised how difficult it was it was for people. There's no harm in going to have a look next time you are there...............if there are no spaces then you can park on the main carpark like you do now
Old 30-07-2008, 17:08   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
there aint,only in some folks minds.
Oh I see cashy I see

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..