Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2008, 14:05   #31
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Lunacy, Absolute Lunacy.

The only rubbish is your post Mancie.

There is plenty wrong with booze. Anything that interferes with clear thought cannot be good and that is what booze does.

Hundreds of innocent people are killed on the roads each year because of alcohol influenced drivers. Tens of thousands of wives, girl friends and children are physically abused because of alcohol. How many tobacco users kill others on the roads? How many tobacco users physically abuse wives, girl friends and children? I’m sure that there must be some recorded cases somewhere, but I have never heard of one.

Nowhere have I ever stated that booze should be banned. I have, however, stated that the sale of alcohol and consumption should be more rigorously controlled.

And it is a fact that alcohol related accidents and injuries cost the NHS a fortune, more so nowadays than tobacco ever did.

When was the last time that you heard of a smoker abusing a nurse at A & E? Compare that to the last time that a nurse was harangued or even attacked by a drunken slob. What about yesterday late evening? Ask any nurse and you will be told that abuse from drunks is out of hand.
Old 26-07-2008, 23:30   #32

Re: Lunacy, Absolute Lunacy.

All good points I have to say!

Cos it rocks!!!

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)
MikeSz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 00:17   #33
Loz

Good point Jambutty.
Smokers are vilified daily,all our rights are taken away yet you don't hear the goverment planning a ban on booze anytime soon when alcohol causes so many more problems in all aspects of life.
Old 28-07-2008, 04:26   #34
God Member

Rubbish.... the stuff about alcohol.. you ******* get stick for smoking .. which leads to lung cancer..so you switch the blade to booze.. mind your own business ... Facist niegbourhood watch tosspots...ah! but you lot reckon you are the fat faces of freedom.. get to !
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 13:14   #35
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Lunacy, Absolute Lunacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Rubbish.... the stuff about alcohol.. you ******* get stick for smoking .. which leads to lung cancer..so you switch the blade to booze.. mind your own business ... Facist niegbourhood watch tosspots...ah! but you lot reckon you are the fat faces of freedom.. get to !
Is that the best that you can do? Descend into name calling rather than making a coherent point on the topic.

I suspect that if you, me and all the other contributors to this thread were sat round a table having this discussion orally, you would be the one on his feet, leaning over the table, banging your fist on it and shouting at the rest of us.

Sad! Very, very sad!
Old 28-07-2008, 14:03   #36

Its bull crap! Also, if you had a plumber come round to your house you wouldnt be allowed to smoke in your own property cos thats his work place. RUBBISH, THATS MY HOUSE!!!

Lets all give Mr Brown a slap!

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 14:07   #37

Oh, btw...WHY doesnt Alcohol ( I.e, Beer Cans ) Have health Warnings on them like Fags do? Because in retrospect they kill more people a year than Cigarettes.

Hmmmm...i think i just raised a good point. YAY ME!!!

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 14:39   #38
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny27 View Post
Oh, btw...WHY doesnt Alcohol ( I.e, Beer Cans ) Have health Warnings on them like Fags do? Because in retrospect they kill more people a year than Cigarettes.

Yeah you raised a very good point.
Alcohol not only kills more people than cigarettes but causes so many more problems.
Old 28-07-2008, 15:05   #39
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: Lunacy, Absolute Lunacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny27 View Post

It’s good to have a point reinforced but that point has been mentioned many times.

However there are moves afoot to put warnings on all bottles/cans of booze but only as a voluntary measure by the alcohol industry. It’s a start I guess but then some of the printing would have to be quite large for a drunk to be able to read it.

But the alcohol industry has a very powerful lobby in Parliament, which is why it is voluntary.

If this or any government were really serious about alcohol abuse it would bring in laws to ban all forms of advertising except at point of sale. It would ban sponsorship of sports too. But then the sports lobby would get to work too.

This is not the time to hold your breath.
Old 28-07-2008, 16:11   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
This is not the time to hold your breath.
especially if your a smoker.......... (thats if you can lol)

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..