Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2008, 21:08   #1
Senior Member+

Blackpool Rocks

If we still had the annual wakes weeks who would go to Blackpool for 2 weeks?
Old 25-07-2008, 21:09   #2
God Member

Re: Blackpool Rocks

i wouldnt go back to Bloody Blackpool if you gave me a million quid, not after last weekend anyway

read the blog
Old 25-07-2008, 21:12   #3
God Member

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes
Old 25-07-2008, 21:21   #4
God Member

I quite like a day in Blackpool.

I might go for a weekend but I wouldn't spend a fortnight there.
Old 25-07-2008, 21:32   #5
Loz

I'm with Lilly on this one.
A weekend would be a laugh but wouldn't want to spend any more time there.
Old 25-07-2008, 21:34   #6
God Member

well if anyone does go for the weekend make sure you dont stay where i stayed
Old 25-07-2008, 21:35   #7
Super Moderator

I'd rather spend two weeks canvassing with Cyfr.
Old 25-07-2008, 21:35   #8
God Member

Yep I wouldn't mind a weekend but not a fortnight and yes Flashy have noted where not to stay
Old 25-07-2008, 21:36   #9

I can’t say I like the place all that much. I loved it as a kid, must admit.

It really does need some major finance to sort the place out, it just seems grotty to me.

With lots of cash chucked at it, some vision and expert planning it might become an attraction again. Until then, I’m avoiding the place.
Old 25-07-2008, 21:39   #10
God Member

Has anyone stayed at The Big Blue Hotel next to the Pleasure Beach in Blackpool?

I've read a few good reviews on it but wondered if anyone here had been.
Old 26-07-2008, 00:15   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Has anyone stayed at The Big Blue Hotel next to the Pleasure Beach in Blackpool?

I've read a few good reviews on it but wondered if anyone here had been.
Is part of the Classic Hotels Lilly .. stayed in a few of their hotels, and always been extremely high quality ... however, not the Big Blue.. suspect will be of the same standard though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 00:28   #12
God Member

two weeks, I flippin lived there for 5 years!!!!!!! Never again!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 00:34   #13
God Member

Well I live here and believe me it really isnt all that bad. Would I holiday here for more than a weekend ? NO Its far to expensive to come and have a week here and personally when they finally put the charge on the pleasure beach I think its gonna do more harm than good.
But in all honesty to live here Yes its far better than back home, even walking /driving around is less depressing than back in ossy and accy.
I have always loved my home town but I really think the way its deteriorated over the last 10 years is bad , and no I wouldnt like to live back there.
I miss the friends I grew up with but thats all, but a lot of them have now moved away too.
Blackpool like many areas has bad parts but they are spending an awful lot of money here to regenerate it and I personally think in the next 5 yrs it will improve dramaticly as a town.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 01:01   #14
God Member

Great great memories of Blackpool..the best place to be for a weekend.. but these days costs an arm and leg.. you could always get a bed at a local BB but Flasheys time there is now typical. a weekend will cost you £400.. taken for booze and entertianment..which I ain't got... is it still full of Scots and Goeordies?

Last edited by Mancie; 26-07-2008 at 01:04.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 01:43   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

lived there fer 3 years before i moved to spain, its an ok place when ya get to know yer way avoiding all the dickhead places. i would return fer 5 days or so no problem.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..