Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 08:42   #1

Rat Infested Church

morning,
whilst checking the back door was bolted before bed last night, she flicked the light on and there it was, we have a utility room built on (not a shed but a proper building) ive just phoned the council and they are coming out this morning.

probably due to people still putting black bags in the back alleys. julie hasnt slept all night. we have a dog but ill leave it to the experts to catch or kill it.
den the menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2008, 08:50   #2

Re: Rat Infested Church

den, where abouts in church are you?

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:43   #3
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Poor you!, we once had mice, i know its not as bad, but i couldnt sleep or anything!

ya need to buy a pest plug-in...i plugged one in about 4 years ago, and i havent had nothing since!

hope ya catch the little critter!!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:47   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Poor you!, we once had mice, i know its not as bad, but i couldnt sleep or anything!

ya need to buy a pest plug-in...i plugged one in about 4 years ago, and i havent had nothing since!

hope ya catch the little critter!!
My sister has one of these plug in's for mice but it doesnt seem to be having much of an affect on the mice
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:49   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
My sister has one of these plug in's for mice but it doesnt seem to be having much of an affect on the mice
I have them - they usually have 2 settings - she may well have it set to repel spiders

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:52   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have them - they usually have 2 settings - she may well have it set to repel spiders
That sounds possible will have a look.

Failing that, unfortunately it may mean having to put down the good old mouse trap but dont think she wants to have to head down that route
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:52   #7

i can come and shoot them for ya! lol

But honestly, where in church are you Den?

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:59   #8
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
my mum got one from JML, and they are rubbish!...i got my from a shopping channel...called pest magic!
they cost me about £60 for 2, but they are good!, but i dont know if they still do em over here....like i said it was over 4 years ago
Old 07-08-2008, 10:05   #9

Think i might have to employ the neighbourhood cats to kill the vermin for us, i'll even throw in the odd couple of chicken bones for em...or tuna

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 07-08-2008, 10:06   #10
God Member

I got mine on ebay
PESTCLEAR 2000 PESTSTOP INDOOR ULTRASONIC SPIDERS ANTS on eBay, also Mice Moles Rodents, Weed Pest Control, Garden Plants, Home Garden (end time 09-Aug-08 21:00:49 BST)

It sends a deterrent pulse round the electric wiring, as well as an inaudible sound into the room. If you don't get the 'wiring' sort, you need one in every room

Old 07-08-2008, 10:32   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I got mine on ebay
PESTCLEAR 2000 PESTSTOP INDOOR ULTRASONIC SPIDERS ANTS on eBay, also Mice Moles Rodents, Weed Pest Control, Garden Plants, Home Garden (end time 09-Aug-08 21:00:49 BST)

It sends a deterrent pulse round the electric wiring, as well as an inaudible sound into the room. If you don't get the 'wiring' sort, you need one in every room
I had trouble with ants and mice, I bought some of thes devices out of one of the national papers and they ork great for me, only saw an odd ant this year, and have had no trouble with mice for over twelve months now
Old 07-08-2008, 10:33   #12

Airsoft pistol = £5.99 + plastic bb's = £1.00 .... THATS ALL THE PEST CONTROL I NEED!!!

Booya!

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 07-08-2008, 10:47   #13

danny, im in the posh end of church, near the Queens!!!

well its not often i sing the praises of the council but i phoned them at 9.31 this morning and he was here at 9.50. a 19 minute response time. he found mice droppings and hes put some bait on a worktop and hes calling again next week to see if its worked.

julie is adamant it was a rat and about 8 inches long, but the guy said they (mice) can grow quite large. im not convinced but only time will tell. i cant leave the back door open now in case we have any more visitors.
dennis.
den the menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:51   #14
God Member

A mouse can dislocate its joints to squeeze through a hole that you could fit a ballpoint pen into.
Get out the polyfilla and slap it on thick

Old 07-08-2008, 10:57   #15

Queens...is that near Lion Street. Im not entirely sure of street names yet, im quite new to the area. I can find my way around and all, im just abit dodgy with street names.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..