Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 08:40   #16
Loz

Re: Russia

Why would we want to get involved in another conflict anyway?
Haven't we learnt our lessons already from Iraq etc...?
Why do we always seem to get involved with other countries issues?
Don't we have enough of our own at the moment?!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:28   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Quite simple Loz, its what we do, usually
Old 09-08-2008, 09:32   #18
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Quite simple Loz, its what we do, usually
I know but it really winds me up that we have to involve ourselves in everybody elses business.
We send troops out to countries to fight wars that have nothing to do with us,we send billions of pounds to countries over issues that don't concern us when back home we are in the midst of a credit crunch which is affecting all.
Surely the money could be put to better use spent here on the NHS,schools,putting down the cost of fuel,gas etc..
Old 09-08-2008, 10:25   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yeh loz,but only in conflicts that benefit us or the yanks n this dont.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:29   #20
God Member

the thing is they[gorgia] have applied to join nato.dont want to be alarmist but this is worrying.......gorgia even have troops n iraq
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:39   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the thing is they[gorgia] have applied to join nato.dont want to be alarmist but this is worrying.......gorgia even have troops n iraq
Which they are pulling out to help with their own situation, and are appealing for help from the West .... is that us then ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:44   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Which they are pulling out to help with their own situation, and are appealing for help from the West .... is that us then ?
doubt it very much Kate, nowt in it fer us. plus the good ole US will not pull our tail on this one.
Old 09-08-2008, 15:30   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well we are the West kate, but like cashy says, don't think uncle George W. will want to get involed, and Incapability Brown's in enough do do as it is at the moment
Old 09-08-2008, 17:36   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Even if the Yanks were not committed anywhere else they wouldn’t go up against the Ruskis ‘cos they have nukes. In any case Georgia doesn’t have any oil of its own.
Talking of nukes ... after the break up of the Soviet Union, lots of nukes must have been left in the "break away" republics ... seems I read somewhere that the Ukraine had a bunch. Maybe Georgia has a few warheads left over from the soviet days ... this would make the conflict much more interesting and way more dangerous
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:09   #25
Senior Member+

Leave Them To It Dont Wanna Start WW3
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:37   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Don't worry Tosh we're not getting dragged into this.

ooooh i dont know, seems britain always gets caught up in affairs that arent sod all to do with us.

( kosovo...iraq....afghanistan!)
First the yanks will get involved ( probably on the russians side, seeing as they dont wanna risk all that crap again ) and then the brits will get involved defending the georgians due to the fact that we're still sore over that kgb agent being killed ( i forgot his name )...

I dunno, something just feels wrong cos it seems britain always gets called to help...just unsure which side they'll be fighting for.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:48   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

hey danny, theres noway us or the yanks will get involved, look back to the 60s with the "Cuba" crisis, they soon withdrew when they thought the ruskis would get involved, it just aint gonna happen.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:00   #28
God Member

We ought to be concerned because the Russian pipeline that runs through Georgia is the one which supplies 40% of our gas.

If that gets accidentally or otherwise blown up the price of gas will rise again

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:11   #29

thats all well and good cashman, but you know as well as i do that our government doesnt have an inch of common sense.

they see a conflict, they HAVE to get involved its just how it is nowadays.

And the americans wont care that ruski's have nukes, as far as they're concerned AMERICA are the super-power and everybody else can kiss their butts.

You know what america is like? America is like an obnoxious co-worker that comes into work and says on a daily basis "Im the greatest effer here, and the rest of you will DIE without me!!!"

And that, my little snow flakes is why America will get involved AND britain will soon follow cos Mr Brown will not want to lose that alliegiance that we have with the us.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:13   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny27
ooooh i dont know, seems britain always gets caught up in affairs that arent sod all to do with us
Is this the way people feel about how we entered World War two after Poland was invaded by Germany?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..