Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2008, 19:55   #31
God Member

Re: Old lady attacked

Omg This is just awful. How on earth can anyone be so vicious and cruel let alone sick in the head. What sick and twisted acts, this Guy wants hanging for what he has done but like what has been said the rotton piece of scum will be defended and prob get off with it..

Hope the poor lady can recover from this , although she may never be able to be independant again.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2008, 20:09   #32
Resting in Peace

poor old lady... words flipping fail me and this is a family site... but thinking like everyone else:
what a total waster this guy is:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 20:36   #33
God Member

It is difficult to find words to express the outrage something like this creates .... I find it hard to believe that this guy is "normal" .... thing is, he is still out there on the streets, and unless he is caught, he will do it again ... and again ....

I quite often leave my door unlocked, but I have dogs, big dogs ....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 20:43   #34
Resting in Peace

If you can't feel safe in your own house... it shows what a sad sad world we live in:
and something needs to change:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 20:52   #35

until i moved up here from manchester 10 years ago i had never heard of anybody leaving the front door unlocked. bit of a different ball game down there i know, but it looks like this part of the country is going the same way as the cities. poor old girl, it must be awful for her. i hope she gets over it.
den the menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 20:52   #36
God Member

You aren't safe with your door unlocked during the day, that is how bad things have got here
Old 26-08-2008, 20:52   #37
God Member

There is no justiifable defence for this type of attack.
The excuses we often hear about 'He was drunk - He was depressed - He was addicted to whatever' just does'nt wash.
The tariff for this type of offence should be life with a minimum of 30 years.
This man is obviously mentally sick and that should mean life in a secure mental institution............That is my take on the situation.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 20:59   #38
God Member

Like everyone else I am disgusted by this and wish the lady well on her road to recovery.
Old 26-08-2008, 21:03   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
There is no justiifable defence for this type of attack.
The excuses we often hear about 'He was drunk - He was depressed - He was addicted to whatever' just does'nt wash.
The tariff for this type of offence should be life with a minimum of 30 years.
sorry cannot see why the taxpayer should pay fer a 30 yr holiday,cos thats basically what it is now. either castrate or execute em were in recession.
Old 26-08-2008, 21:05   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
If you can't feel safe in your own house... it shows what a sad sad world we live in:
and something needs to change:
Maybe the sad thing is that people in the developed world do tend to feel safe in their own homes, and this feeling breeds a contempt for simple security measures that people can take .... in this case which is so outrageous security may not have helped, but in general you can take some simple, and inexpensive measures: I have motion sensor lights and an inexpensive video cam looking out over my toys, and a sign which says "Smile Asshole, you are on camera." "Guard Dog on Duty" is another good deterrent .... Some pro-active policing would be a good idea; doesn't the local heat cruise the streets at night keeping an eye on things?

This predator is on the loose and is possibly being sheltered by someone who knows what he has done .... this person, or these people, is as much of a complete waste of skin as the perp.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 21:10   #41
Senior Member+

are those flats down there not assisted living? I thought it was attatched to the old folks home there....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 21:17   #42
God Member

The old folks home is privately owned now. But doubt whether sheltered accomodation would have stopped this horrendous crime from happening
Old 26-08-2008, 21:21   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
sorry cannot see why the taxpayer should pay fer a 30 yr holiday,cos thats basically what it is now. either castrate or execute em were in recession.
Cashy...I'm all for that and would weild a knife or pull the lever willingly but we live in a world where many people would cry 'Shame' if somebody hurt their dog and turn the other cheek. The Human rights brigade...all unemployed layabouts from what I have seen...all in need of a wash....got to be careful here...some of them...not all
Will in the end turn the civilised world on I'ts head.
I would sooner this no-brain idiot be locked away at the taxpayers expense where we know where he is....Castrating or the rope in the UK is not an option..............Hope the old lady get's over this and lives long enough to dance on his grave.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 08:06   #44

The flats on Wellington Court were originally built for OAP's with warden assist thro a buzzer system, which I believe some still have, but was only installed in the downstairs flats...........nowadays however there are a few old age pensioners but the majority of flats have alcoholics, drug users, and some are mentally ill............so not really a nice place to live. Have been round there this morning with Mac and the police are still there.
Old 27-08-2008, 08:10   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
are those flats down there not assisted living? I thought it was attatched to the old folks home there....
The flats have never been attached to the care home........always been completely seperate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..