Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 17:00   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
yes I know that Lilly, but for a reporter to come on here instead of using her own contacts is a tad lazy, after all she's not actually a regular subscriber on these pages
Can't quite agree with you there Jaysay, a reporter has to look for all sources of information. She is a member, and introduced herself officially, inviting us to feed her with any information on interesting topics, so could work in our favour at times.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-10-2008, 17:00   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
dont think anyones gettin at her shaz, but a little thought before posting it would not have done any harm.now if ya wanna really see "getting at" watch this space if the observer runs with this.

yeah i know what your saying cashy, i usually get pulled up for saying things without thinking about them, that Lisa shouldnt have asked in the first place, cant we put REPORTER under her name then everyone will know in future?

Last edited by Len; 07-10-2008 at 22:24. Reason: Removed inappropriate language
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 17:03   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
not being funny or owt but I dont think naming names and town making her easy to find is a very good idea if it turns out not to be her. could make her life a misery... If its made public fair enough but right now it might not even be her.
I'm with you on this one, if someone is lucky enough to win, leave them alone, let them decide who they tell, the rest of us don't need to know.

Oooooh,! but I hope it's a relative.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 17:46   #19
God Member

Good luck to her if she won the lottery, or a share in it, if it is only a share, it could be shared between lots of people. If Ms Kenyon is a reporter, she should have made it clear when she asked the question, and perhaps mishyfoote could have avoided this, in hindsight, it probably wasnt a good idea to post a name of a person who may have won.
Old 07-10-2008, 17:47   #20
Resident Waffler

Well the damage is done now I suppose - but what if the named person decides to sue somebody for all the unwanted attention? Who ends up liable, the person who named her or AccyWeb itself?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 18:05   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Can't quite agree with you there Jaysay, a reporter has to look for all sources of information. She is a member, and introduced herself officially, inviting us to feed her with any information on interesting topics, so could work in our favour at times.
rubbish, if that did lead to unwanted attention/ persecution fer someone who did not want it,thats fine with you? i'm sure many did not realise who she was with that innocent post.
Old 07-10-2008, 18:18   #22
K-P

WHAT IF THE WOMEN IN OSSY DIDN'T WIN THE LOTTERY.. It's terrible that her name is posted on here if she didn't win..

As for the OP .. not everyone will know she is a reporter.. not everyone reads the welcome threads.... bit sneaky IMHO

But I do feel people are misisng the point.. Its ok posting good luck message in case she did win... But his poor womens life will be hell if she didnt win it and all because of accyweb ... so her name should not be printed in here unless its confirmed she won.

PS .. if she did then good luck... need any photography???
Old 07-10-2008, 18:45   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
rubbish, if that did lead to unwanted attention/ persecution fer someone who did not want it,thats fine with you? i'm sure many did not realise who she was with that innocent post.
Well, practically every post she has entered has mentioned her occupation up to date .. ok .. not everyone remembers, however, wouldn't have made a difference if had been a regular member or would it ? Not responsible for the reply is she.

Maybe not a bad idea for her to put up her status, but don't think you can, can you until a certain number of posts ? Has to stick with Junior Member for the time being. Sure if this information is correct, will be treated with respect to the 'so called' winner if they contact this lady .. can't be much of a secret can it really.

Still stick to my views that a good reporter has to use all resources, don't think Lisa Kenyon was trying to be devious at all, due to her past posts for all to see, her mistake was she just presumed we would remember her.
Old 07-10-2008, 18:50   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well yer entitled to that view, just as i'm entitled to mine.
Old 07-10-2008, 18:51   #25
Resting in Peace

I am speaking to you from the sun deck of the QE 2 I have a "Cheeky Girl" in each arm,though one is so drunk she has decided to go down below.
I hope the other will stay on top.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 18:54   #26
K-P

Quote:
her mistake was she just presumed we would remember her.
I would go with that
Old 07-10-2008, 18:57   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
I would go with that
i learnt first hand many years ago, never to trust a reporter.
Old 07-10-2008, 20:01   #28
Len
God Member

In my opinion, anyone could have asked this question and anyone could have answered it but the point is, giving out third party private information such as full names, addresses, telephone numbers etc is not permitted here at accyweb (see forum rules).

We’ve dealt with this as quickly as possible and removed the suggested name and who’s to say? We may well have several news reporters searching accyweb.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 20:04   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i learnt first hand many years ago, never to trust a reporter.
Still not her fault in whatever guise .. she just asked a question. You don't trust anyone Cashy, reporters, politicians, councillors, N.H.S., planners, police,royalty, gas/electric boards, etc ....
Old 07-10-2008, 20:15   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
You don't trust anyone Cashy, reporters, politicians, councillors, N.H.S., planners, police,royalty, gas/electric boards, etc ....
thats summat we both agree on kate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..