Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 20:27   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Lottery winner in Accy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats summat we both agree on kate.
LOL Cashy .. xx
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-10-2008, 20:47   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
its not mishyfoote's fault, dont blame her, she (as we all where) was asked a question and all she did was answer it, if it wasnt michelle who answered it, someone else would have, dont get at her
As you say, if she hadn't then someone else probably would.

Very sneaky of the reporter to ask the question.
Old 07-10-2008, 20:48   #33
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post

We’ve dealt with this as quickly as possible and removed the suggested name and who’s to say? We may well have several news reporters searching accyweb.
Thanks Len. I just hope the poor girl isn't hounded by people who have already read this or are told her name by someone else who has read it. If people specify that they want no publicity when they enter the lottery then that should be respected.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 22:56   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
If people specify that they want no publicity when they enter the lottery then that should be respected.

Correct, nothing else to add.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:57   #35
God Member

Quote:
If people specify that they want no publicity when they enter the lottery then that should be respected.
I'm fairly sure you don't actually get the option when you enter. I think you have to tell them when you win. I'll let you know when they ring me up
Old 08-10-2008, 07:00   #36
God Member

You don't trust anyone Cashy, reporters, politicians, councillors, N.H.S., planners, police,royalty, gas/electric boards, etc .... [/quote]

Omg, does that mean I am a cynic too? Go Cashy!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:06   #37
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'm fairly sure you don't actually get the option when you enter. I think you have to tell them when you win. I'll let you know when they ring me up

Isn't there a box to tick? You can see how much I know about it can't you? Anyhow I have heard them say on the news 'the winner requested no publicity' and I think a lot more of a newspaper/reporter when they respect that than when they keep badgering away to find out and get a 'scoop'.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:06   #38
Resting in Peace

My original point was that it was sneaky to say the least, as people have said she can't tell use what she is unless she has lots of posts or subscribes to Accy Web, but there is nothing to stop her putting this info in a signiture, so everybody is aware she is a journo
Old 08-10-2008, 09:25   #39
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

Isn't there a box to tick? You can see how much I know about it can't you? Anyhow I have heard them say on the news 'the winner requested no publicity' and I think a lot more of a newspaper/reporter when they respect that than when they keep badgering away to find out and get a 'scoop'.
Quite a few newspapers give out email addresses and request 'anyone that knows a winner to get in touch', that can hardly be seen as respecting someone's privacy.

As for our own reporter, long may she remain a member and maybe she will occasionally be good enough to post answers as well as ask questions and if she is polite, could also print our web address to acknowledge the source of her information, (sometimes we do see things in the ob' or the LET with the source as 'a local web site').

Also, just to make it clear who she is, perhaps she could add 'your Observer reporter', to her signature? Then perhaps such misunderstandings wouldn't happen.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 13:59   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

As for our own reporter, long may she remain a member and maybe she will occasionally be good enough to post answers as well as ask questions and if she is polite, could also print our web address to acknowledge the source of her information, (sometimes we do see things in the ob' or the LET with the source as 'a local web site').

Exactly Less, may work to our advantage at some stage.

Anyway, you never know who may be on here masquerading under a pseudonym/false profile at any given time, gaining our confidence and, through P.M's, discovering our darkest secrets ...

Perhaps our Gordon is here somewhere, or worse still Peter B ! ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 14:12   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Exactly Less, may work to our advantage at some stage.

Anyway, you never know who may be on here masquerading under a pseudonym/false profile at any given time, gaining our confidence and, through P.M's, discovering our darkest secrets ...

Perhaps our Gordon is here somewhere, or worse still Peter B ! ...
quite possible as were approaching the pantomime season.
Old 08-10-2008, 14:13   #42
God Member

In some ways it's complimentary and acknowledges the fact that the font of all local knowledge is in actual fact Accyweb and not the Accrington Observer
Old 08-10-2008, 15:16   #43
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
In some ways it's complimentary and acknowledges the fact that the font of all local knowledge is in actual fact Accyweb and not the Accrington Observer
Meeeeow! that's going to cause problems.
Though so far as naming us it is only fair, after all, on a Thursday or Friday, many threads are started naming the Obbo' as the source and indeed linking to their web pages, publicity for them should be returned as publicity for us, after all we always name them, we don't just say, 'a local rag said...'
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 16:22   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Meeeeow! that's going to cause problems.
Though so far as naming us it is only fair, after all, on a Thursday or Friday, many threads are started naming the Obbo' as the source and indeed linking to their web pages, publicity for them should be returned as publicity for us, after all we always name them, we don't just say, 'a local rag said...'
Come on Less their Wed Sites Crap
Old 08-10-2008, 16:38   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Wed Sites
..been looking at the dating section have you?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..