Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2004, 14:53   #16

Re: Shafted Again By Government

Bluddy 'ell Tealeaf, that's nearly as bad as the Americans asking if we know their mate John Smith who lives in Leeds. Florida is quite a big place y'know. In fact, it's approximately the same size as England, Scotland and Wales. Difference is, lots of sunshine and only about one fifth of the population squeezed in.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-05-2004, 15:05   #17
God Member

Sorry John....only kidding! I know it's a big place, although Bert does exist. However, there are coincidences.....years ago, I met up with a girl who'd just returned from Australia after 2 years..we walked into a pub in London she'd never been in, and the barman turned round to serve us. He'd been her next door neighbour but one in Aus! The following week, we walked into a pub in Hampstead Heath and as I ordered a pint a guy on the next bar stool tapped me on the elbow..it was one of the locals from the Thorn in Church.

You're right about the English not being to popular at the moment, but in terms of the stakes it's a toss-up between the US and ourselves, and I think we all know the reason why. Personally, I will be more than happy to see the back of these Tea-Towel wearing, Chappati-chucking sand rats. We've given them everything they wanted & what do we get in return? Grief.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2004, 15:19   #18

I agree about the popularity poll, neither country would win one, but do we really care? We seem to like each other so what the hell. I think we should probably pull out of Iraq, you're right, just grief. The silly thing is, they hate us, but, if not for western technology ie.the internal combustion engine, that part of the world would have nothing. They just happen to be sat on large underground lakes of the stuff that makes the cars go. There's plenty of oil throughout other parts of the world anyway, I'll be glad when we stop buying from 'em. I hear a lot of anti-American/British stuff on other sites, all saying we're only there for the oil. I just wish someone would explain that to me. We don't seem to be stealing it from them and the war is costing us a fortune so what's the big advantage for us being there? Maybe I'm a little slow.

JohnW
Old 26-05-2004, 15:36   #19
God Member

The problem, John, is that the world has come to rely on the Americans, the British & the Australians to sort out it's problems...and the problem with that is that we're damed when we do and we're damed when we don't. I can think of half a dozen places that need sorting out right now...starting with Southern Rhodesia. Mugabe needs topping, and fast. Will it be done? I doubt it. That place was the bread basket of Africa until 5 years ago; now the place is in ruins and relying on hand-outs - blaming the UK and the US, of course.

Meanwhile - Spain - our "partner" in the EU - has unilaterally imposed a shipping ban on any cruise ship that has docked at Gib. They're up to Franco's old tricks and putting the pressure back on. Personally, I think we should retaliate by blowing every dodgy Spanish trawler sky-high out of the North Sea. I can't see them doing out myself; after all, after one incident in Madrid they changed government, threw in the towel and handed Bin Laden his biggest victory in Europe.
Old 26-05-2004, 15:42   #20

Yep, they're a bit like the French aren't they? Actually, I don't know why Britain is in Europe in the first place, in partnership with all the countries in Europe that hate the Brits. I think you'd all be better off if you joined NAFTA and let Europe try to get along without you.

JohnW
Old 26-05-2004, 15:49   #21
God Member

I agree entirely, John.....get the hell out of the EU now is my motto. I think the UK Independance Party is going to get a good vote come the elections in June...assuming of course, that the ballot papers turn in the post.
Unfortunatly, not everyone agrees with what we're saying.....I've just noticed I've had a Karma point deducted....obviously from some EU loving supporter on here....

COME ON...SHOW YOURSELF..WHO'S THE CULPRIT?

Never mind; here's a bit of Karma for yourself flying across the ocean!
Old 26-05-2004, 15:53   #22
Senior Member+

Tealeaf i've given you and john a karma point because i agree with you both.
Old 26-05-2004, 15:57   #23
God Member

Cheers Janet...I've just tried to give you some but I'd to do some spreading around before I can...I'm sure John will give you some.

Back to Accy tomorrow! Yipee!
Old 26-05-2004, 15:58   #24

Thank you Janet, what a sweetie!

JohnW
Old 26-05-2004, 16:00   #25

How does one give out Karma Points? What is the "money" accumulation all about?

JohnW
Old 26-05-2004, 16:01   #26

So where are you at the moment Tealeaf?

JohnW
Old 26-05-2004, 16:12   #27
God Member

If you go to Janet's last posting, above, and go to the top right hand side of the box, you'll see Karma.....just click on it and it comes up good or bad Kalma.....if you click good, she'll get 2 points - but you can't keep repeating on the same person.

I'm on 32 and you're on 14 (up from 10 an hour ago)
Old 26-05-2004, 16:39   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW
So where are you at the moment Tealeaf?

Sorry, John..I missed this earlier....I'm in London at the moment..but I'll be back in Church tomorrow for a long weekend..and as you may have seen, the "cyber" becomes real when we meet up at the Stag on sunday. There are some previous pictures on here of our last drinks party there.

The money you mentioned is currently used to spend on pets...you'll see some people have them on the right hand side of the posting box...you need to go to the profile to create one.
Old 26-05-2004, 16:58   #29
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I can't remember how many posts you need to have had, before you can give or deduct karma, so you may not have enough John. However, if you carry on shooting the breeze with Tealeaf here, you'll soon have enough to be able to spread some karma around..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2004, 17:05   #30
Senior Member+

Tealeaf mate the beer keller is called Hofbrauhaus.the women are called frauleins nad after the last Putsch i do not think the Germans would like it unless you had a 2" wide moustache under your nose

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..