Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2008, 20:18   #16
God Member

Re: For The Attention Of Mick & Accyweb

Mez has told us that she has been ill for two months
I think she just needs to be relieved of the problem/burden of organising these meets.
I am sure she lurks, and will be back.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-11-2008, 20:38   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I personally haven't been to the last couple because since becoming a Mod I was treated differently
I can honestly say I don't treat any of the mods differently just because they are mods. I tend to sit down and talk to people around me. I don't often move around chatting. I think you might be talking about the meet in accy when you were sat with mick and others across the room from where I was sat. Why that happened I don't know unless there was no tables/seats. You should have come over and told us to shift up.
Old 19-11-2008, 22:11   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i'm with neil on this, i sure don't treat any of the mods differently, i'm just as ignorant with everybody.
Old 19-11-2008, 22:36   #19
Give, give, give member

I don't think I'd treat anyone differently because they were a moderator, or someone who'd been on here for ages, or if they were a newbie. It makes no difference.

I didn't know a soul when I went to my first meet, and was welcomed with open arms, and a couple of pints later felt as if I was amongst old friends, Mez and Lindsay being amongst those people that night.

If people haven't been to a meet I often wonder if they think we sit around having heated debates, and carrying on with arguments from the threads. The answer is no. It's all purely social, and a great deal of fun is had by all.

I'm sorry Mez appears to be cheesed off. I know she's put enormous effort into making the meets fun for everyone who's ever attended, and is very often the first one to introduce new members to the rest of the gang, hence the nickname Mother Hen. Your efforts at the meets were much appreciated, as well as the countless other nice things you've done for members away from the limelight.

I can only speak for myself, but thank you.

I sincerely hope you return soon, if that's what you want.

G x

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 01:40   #20

aww mez come back love.....pm. me.x
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 09:07   #21
Resting in Peace

Unfortunately I haven't been to a meet, mainly because they where on a Saturday night, but now wouldn't make any difference due to health reasons. I would love to go to meets and become acquainted with other members as I have met very few up to press. Mez is one of the people I do know, mainly from school days, which is many moons ago, but I hoe she decides to stick around, AW needs stalwarts like Mez
Old 20-11-2008, 12:13   #22
Senior Member+

Me and mick have only been to a couple of meets and not stayed to the end but i have enjoyed them when we have been able to go, saddly dont get to go to many due to the children and we live in preston but mez has always been a friendly and chatty face for me and one i will sure miss if shes not there the next time i go to one.
Old 20-11-2008, 12:15   #23
Resting In Peace

sorry to hear that you are leaving us,
any chance of a rethink? what ever you do good luck.
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 21:47   #24
God Member

Mez Lovie Ive only just found this and got to hear about this earlier today, Im gutted to hear your leaving hun give me a ring, and plz dont be too hasty I understand how you feel
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 22:19   #25

I've said for a long time that this seems to be a closed shop. And I know that alot of you won't thank me for saying this, but it is. And certain mods add to it as well. I'm not surprised that people are leaving.

You need to take a long hard look and see what is wrong.

It's wrong to let a few people take over, and that is what is happening here. I'm saying this as an outsider. It's what I have observed.

I appreciate the support you all gave and give me still over my Mum, but it is still a closed shop.

Sorry, but I have to say how I feel, and perhaps people need to take a step back?
Old 22-11-2008, 22:45   #26
Caz
God Member

Quote:
I've said for a long time that this seems to be a closed shop. And I know that alot of you won't thank me for saying this, but it is. And certain mods add to it as well. I'm not surprised that people are leaving.
You may have your reasons for saying this, but in this context the comment doesn't make any sense at all. Mez is the organiser of the meets, of people who many believe to be part of the "Accyweb Mafia" closed shop.

Nobody wants Mez to leave, everyone that knows her loves her. noone has said anything wrong against her or tried to upset her, merely offered opinions.

Some of the people who gave opinions or suggestions are part of this so called "mafia", so how does that fit with your comments?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 22:54   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i get fed up of this "closed shop"," clique" rubbish, the majority who seem to make these comments, seem to be people who have never actually met most of the people who seem as they say, to bitch,n get ratty with each other, when many i have discovered are actually good mates. perhaps they imagine this virtual world to be real life,? beats me.
Old 22-11-2008, 23:00   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i get fed up of this "closed shop"," clique" rubbish, the majority who seem to make these comments, seem to be people who have never actually met most of the people who seem as they say, to bitch,n get ratty with each other, when many i have discovered are actually good mates. perhaps they imagine this virtual world to be real life,? beats me.
I've only met a handful of people from Accyweb. I don't know who is being referred to when people say the mafia.

When did this Accyweb mafia thing start?

It seems to be mentioned every now and again.

From what little I know it sounds like a load of old bunkum.
Old 22-11-2008, 23:02   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

So I bitch do I?

Just about says it all reallly
Old 22-11-2008, 23:07   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceten View Post
So I bitch do I?

Just about says it all reallly
its just the way i express myself, if ya don't like it tough. its a term i use fer whingers.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..