Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2004, 08:22   #91

Re: How Patriotic?

Thats the kind of spirit we want (above)! - fairweather fans get right up my nose.
Old 11-06-2004, 20:39   #92
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Just a thought how many of the so called English Asians who have just voted in the elections have a George Cross flag on their house or car to support the country they live in playing in the Euro 2004 , maybe Tebbitt had something when he talked about a cricket test !!!

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:11   #93
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Just a thought how many of the so called English Asians who have just voted in the elections have a George Cross flag on their house or car to support the country they live in playing in the Euro 2004 , maybe Tebbitt had something when he talked about a cricket test !!!
Just to let you know bagpuss i live near blackburn rd & have seen several with flags on their cars.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 15:13   #94
Resident Waffler

I've seen taxi drivers (Asian) with St. George flags and yesterday I saw a young Asian lad wearing an England football shirt.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2004, 22:04   #95
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

That makes a change I suppose tomorrow they will be wearing French shirts like the Brazil shirts they where wearing after the World Cup 2002 defeat.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 06:56   #96

Quote:
jambutty: Sorry Glasgow Guy and you Neal but the only Union Jack that you will see flying is on the jackstaff of a British warship. (The one at the pointed end at the front) What you see elsewhere is the Union Flag. Hopefully you will see it flying the right way up.

Even though my first flag of the Cross of St George was nicked off my car during the night I bought another one and it flies again and if that gets nicked I’ll get another.

Support England be it rugby, Eddie ‘the Eagle’ Edwards, football or cricket teams win or lose.
The only flag you will see flying on a British Warship would be a Naval Jack or a Naval Ensign. The Naval Jack is just the same as the Union Jack however.....

The Civil Jack is used on civilian vessels.....if the website is correct > http://www.flags.net/UNKG.htm
Old 14-06-2004, 07:50   #97

I cant believe what Im hearing, taking the flag down, Im writting this on the Queens birthday long weekend, a public holiday and they urge us to fly the flag over here, what the hell is going on over there. slowly, slowly, as they chip away, there will be nothing left of the old dart as we know it, did they all die in vein??.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 09:52   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
The only flag you will see flying on a British Warship would be a Naval Jack or a Naval Ensign. The Naval Jack is just the same as the Union Jack however.....

[/url]
Not if there is an Admiral on board the ship.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 10:41   #99

I was in school when that happened and some asians nicked my flag and shoved it in a bin. Its amazing how many flags are about now though. I wonder how many of those with them on now had them in the 2002 world cup, not many i bet.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 11:58   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWisp
I've seen taxi drivers (Asian) with St. George flags and yesterday I saw a young Asian lad wearing an England football shirt.
Which flag do you think they'd displaying or wearing if England were playing Pakistan or India at cricket?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 13:25   #101
Senior Member+

Well i do not know about you lot but i have had to take some serious crap off all the Germans today.God i am rooting for the dutch tomorrow.See when england lose i get this off about 500 Germans.When we win i get to dish it out to 500.Which way would you guys prefer?
Old 14-06-2004, 13:49   #102

Just keep them flags flying as they look good!
Old 14-06-2004, 14:05   #103
Senior Member+

O they are flying Neal but not as high and as proud as i want them to be
Old 14-06-2004, 14:14   #104

I must admit I was gutted when they SCORED 2 GOALS IN INJURY TIME but no need to keep mentioning that FRANCE SCORED 2 GOALS IN INJURY TIME..........forget it....! LOL

I'll be flying mine until i'm in my grave!
Old 14-06-2004, 14:20   #105
God Member

For France to score 2 goals in injury time is rank incompetance on the part of England.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..