Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2008, 22:49   #16
Caz
God Member

Re: Mad Friday

That's just it Bernadette. It's as much the fear of what might happen these days. The thought of violence or intimidation, which stops law abiding citizens like ourselves from living what should be a "normal" life. Always having to think one step ahead, or take steps to avoid possible confrontation. We are being limited in our enjoyment by scumbags. It shouldn't be like that, should it?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2008, 23:01   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
That's just it Bernadette. It's as much the fear of what might happen these days. The thought of violence or intimidation, which stops law abiding citizens like ourselves from living what should be a "normal" life. Always having to think one step ahead, or take steps to avoid possible confrontation. We are being limited in our enjoyment by scumbags. It shouldn't be like that, should it?
No, it shouldn't be like that .... and there are places in the world where it isn't ... we have our moments in Kingston, the annual Queen's student street party is one of them ... but the coppers are there to bust heads and drag the worst drunks off to the tank .... sounds like you guys need more and better policing ... I can honestly say that I have never felt afraid or intimidated at any time of the day walking the streets of my home town (please hold the street walker comments) ... but I still find it hard to believe that it is as bad as you say .... I'm not saying that you are wrong; I just can't comprehend .... I mean, we're talking Accy here, not Detroit (a real scary place).
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 23:04   #18
God Member

No it shouldn't Caz but no way am I going to present myself in a situation where I just might get hurt. It is only two minutes walk from the bus stop to my house but if some idiot decided to have a go I wouldn't stand a chance so would rather pay for a taxi. It is sad really because I'm realitively young but still don't feel safe at times like this. Normally coming home on the bus at tenish on Friday night wouldn't bother me but knowing how they drink on "mad Friday" makes me think twice.
Old 19-12-2008, 23:10   #19
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
No, it shouldn't be like that .... and there are places in the world where it isn't ... we have our moments in Kingston, the annual Queen's student street party is one of them ... but the coppers are there to bust heads and drag the worst drunks off to the tank .... sounds like you guys need more and better policing ... I can honestly say that I have never felt afraid or intimidated at any time of the day walking the streets of my home town (please hold the street walker comments) ... but I still find it hard to believe that it is as bad as you say .... I'm not saying that you are wrong; I just can't comprehend .... I mean, we're talking Accy here, not Detroit (a real scary place).

Suppose it's all relative Eric, but having had sons attacked just walking home, just because of the way they look, because they dare to be different...never even having been near a pub ...and having one put in hospital with a fractured eye socket coming home from college, I dread any time any of my lot go out.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 01:21   #20
God Member

Well I have just got in from working in the walmsley in gt harwood and have to say it was a very MAD friday, luckily only had one domestic argument to split up in the beer garden, but it was non stop from start to finish....

MY FEET ARE KILLING ME

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 02:40   #21
Senior Member+

i just got in from bolton from work and its effing crazy over there!! i'm sure bburn and accy wouldnt have been far off!!

lots and lots of kick offs in bolton as a whole - we had to deal with one two smallish ones and one major one. my left shirt sleeve is covered in blood

the worst thing is that normally it used to be drink - which was to a point managable by doormen.

now these days there's so much usage of coke that everyone thinks they're immortal after taking it so doormen have to be a bit more heavier handed esp on groups of lads as we had to. if i didnt do what i did tonight two of the doorlads would've got bottled. the main guy was about to swing the bottle at another door lads head and i managed to take him down as he swung

we took him outside and then he tried to rush back in to carry the fight on. luckily bolton police were abundant and arrived in numbers very very quickly.
Old 20-12-2008, 03:01   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Suppose it's all relative Eric, but having had sons attacked just walking home, just because of the way they look, because they dare to be different...never even having been near a pub ...and having one put in hospital with a fractured eye socket coming home from college, I dread any time any of my lot go out.

OMG Caz.. thats terrible!!!!
I do agree though ..... Why should they be treated any different because they are or dress diferent from others. thats awful . But sadly it does happen and yes when we had the pub we dreaded this time of year . purely because everyone thought it right to act different to the rest of the year and behave like absolute lunatics..

Dont know why, but this tme of year seems to bring out the worst in young uns..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 09:21   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I agree they should pay but even they aren't as stupid and lacking ability as much as the senior mamnagment cretins responsible for running the NHS system at Blackburn. One of our family was discharged at 3pm but had to wait for medicines from the pharmacy. They turned up 10 minutes ago. The nurses and other staff are under immense pressure while the powers that be sit in their ivory towers totally remote from the real world.
Totally agree Dave, as I said in another thread some time ago, I waited from 12-30pm until 5-45pm for meds to be delivered so I could get home and that was in July. No doubt the staff in A & E will be rushed of their feet at this time of year, with people to drunk to stand and will probable get attacked and abused for their trouble. Then of course we still have the Burnley closure to think of, no doubt those people in their Ivory towers will have been long gone by 4pm on Friday, think what a wonderful job they do screwing up the NHS, oh by the way after I was kept waiting for my meds in July I wrote to the Patient Care Manager at the Royal ( I was told to do so my the staff in the Ambulance departure suite) It is now 2oth of December and I still haven't received a reply
Old 20-12-2008, 10:30   #24
Senior Member+

Well im glad we stayed in......what we got up to was alot cheaper and less violent haha

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 20:40   #26
Senior Member+

Haha no comment

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 01:36   #27
God Member

any news if they found this clown from Padiham Concern grows for Padiham bridge jumper (From Lancashire Telegraph)
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..