Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2009, 07:45   #61
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I find it sad, very sad indeed. There is so much that needs doing in the world and in Accrington and all these elected leaders can find to do is argue on here?
Not all of them argue, some of them do work together well. Its just that time of year the mud slinging starts.
Old 13-02-2009, 08:10   #62
God Member

Hyndburn's very own Chuckle Brothers, andrewb and g jones.
To me........to you........to me.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 08:31   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not all of them argue, some of them do work together well. Its just that time of year the mud slinging starts.

I think you you find Neil that whatever the Labour Group try to do, as regards joint working, is ignored by Peter.

In fact he is going out of his way to undermine the position of the Labour Group members, especially in areas of Hyndburn which are traditionally regarded as 'Labour' areas. He has resorted to giving certain residents information that is disingenuos (too put it politely).
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 08:31   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Oh come off it, I was at a council meeting - not Hyndburn - only a week ago and it is like watching Punch and Judy. If they put half as much energy into sorting out local issues as they do into putting the other side down we would live in Utopia
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 09:06   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You should really consider changing sides, then you too might get to go to the one day jolly at the 'Rural Conference', which apparently costs us £3,000 to send three representatives from Hyndburn.
I am quite happy not to go to any of the Conferences. Anyway would you want to spend a week in Bournemouth with Peter Britcliffe?
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 09:11   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
I am quite happy not to go to any of the Conferences. Anyway would you want to spend a week in Bournemouth with Peter Britcliffe?
Having to spend any time in his company is a punishment - never mind a week of his company.
Old 13-02-2009, 09:28   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I haven't replied until now as I had a lady over. It did provide us with a topic of conversation though.

Yes, it was me. I did not however, as you see it, go chasing after you with a pitchfork, perhaps you're feeling a little too self important. I actually requested all the councillors expenses. In your world you seem to believe that Mr Britcliffe is out to get you, and must be feeding me information, must be telling me to request expenses from you, must be telling me which expenses to request. As I write all my posts myself, I will have to take it as a complement that you think my posts do not originate from me. In the real world, I don't actually talk to Peter all that much. He certainly doesn't ask me to post things, and if he did, I wouldn't. He will have found out about the expenses that I requested of him, yourself, and other councillors, in the very same way you did.

I don't particularly believe you've been at all rational about this. After all one has to imagine what you were trying to achieve by posting this misinformation here rather than e-mailing me. Would you have done this with another member of the public?
Had a lady over what? perfectly rational explanation very acceptable to cashy, but ta fer the entertainment, made a boring night very funny.
Old 13-02-2009, 10:01   #68

To be fair, seeing the childish behaviour on here time and time again, I will most certainly not be voting labour in any local elections, until they come out of the school yard and act like adults. At the moment, they cant even be responsible for themselves let alone anything to do with me
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 10:06   #69
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
To be fair, seeing the childish behaviour on here time and time again, I will most certainly not be voting labour in any local elections, until they come out of the school yard and act like adults. At the moment, they cant even be responsible for themselves let alone anything to do with me
To be fair we don't know how childish the other councillors are, as they are being kept in for detention, and we're only able to play with their younger siblings on here, in the virtual playground.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 10:06   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
thats a pretty weak cop out, as the torys aint the guts to come here, they behave just as childishly, on that basis ya won't be voting fer anyone.
Old 13-02-2009, 10:08   #71
Give, give, give member

Personally I'll be deciding who to vote for on what I think they can achieve, and not necessarily what they've said.

Words are cheap.

Old 13-02-2009, 10:24   #72
Resting in Peace

Thanks Accy Webbers, you've just given me 20 minutes of hilarious fun reading through this thread, (I really will have to start coming on line at night, instead of watching the box) whats all this about, I never knew Councillors Exes were secret anyway as they are published every year in the local press, and to be quite honest I personally don't give a monkeys what Graham, Peter, Joan Clare or Bernard are getting or any other councillor for that matter, because whatever it is they earn every penny irrespective of the colour of the rosette worn on the shirt on election day, and in the words of Hughie Green, I mean that most sincerely folks
Old 13-02-2009, 10:26   #73
Give, give, give member

Even Andrewb's friends on Facebook are impressed that he knew which years to request information for.

Old 13-02-2009, 10:59   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post

However I would question how you know that Andrew has asked for the expenses of all councillors? Maybe its because you are a councillor yourself.
Spot on,cashy knows.
Old 13-02-2009, 11:29   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Spot on,cashy knows.
I know as well Cashy.

Last edited by claytonender; 13-02-2009 at 11:32.

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..