Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2009, 02:44   #121
God Member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Although Andrewb's friends on Facebook are all high-fivin' him for his knowing exactly which years to enquire about re: councillor's expenses, I noticed he's taken the link to his blog off his Accy Web signature. It was there a couple of days ago. I know that because I read it.

I thought I'd amuse myself by reading his thoughts on his recent actions in his blog, but alas that is no longer a possibility.
Amused by the fact that Graham is obsessed by the thought that there is more to this. Of course, he couldn't be further from the truth. You can continue to read my blog, the link has always remained.
Old 14-02-2009, 08:06   #122
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Amused by the fact that Graham is obsessed by the thought that there is more to this. Of course, he couldn't be further from the truth. You can continue to read my blog, the link has always remained.
Good.

Though it was definitely not on your AW signature earlier, as we all witnessed.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 08:14   #123
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The Conservatives haven't put any good ideas forward for 12 years
Can you remember that far back, and would you have taken an interest if you can?

After all you'd only have been eight years old.

Or where you a political activist in your primary school playground?

Old 14-02-2009, 08:57   #124
God Member

Quote:
Can you remember that far back, and would you have taken an interest if you can?

After all you'd only have been eight years old.

Or where you a political activist in your primary school playground?

That seems like a good idea. If children learn early enough about polotics and encouraged in the area then maybe we will have a whole generation of politically savvy kids for future generations. Too many when they reach their teens have no idea about polotics or why they should vote. We could benifit in the future.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 09:06   #125
God Member

Quote:
Good.

Though it was definitely not on your AW signature earlier, as we all witnessed.
Well frankly, it was, unless signatures broke for some reason, which I've never ever seen happen before.
Old 14-02-2009, 09:10   #126
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well frankly, it was, unless signatures broke for some reason, which I've never ever seen happen before.
I'm not making it up.

As you say perhaps it was broken.

I shall look forward to reading it again.

Old 14-02-2009, 10:30   #127
Senior Member+

Quote:
Like to blow your own trumpet? The Conservatives haven't put any good ideas forward for 12 years? Give me a break. As for dictatorship, it's a funny one, where the opposition give all the ideas. I think you people calling it a dictatorship insult the people suffering under real dictators. Council is democratically elected.

Labour in Hyndburn are the party that will just consistently try and trip the Conservatives up at every step. One day you will realise that it's constructive, and will win you more votes, if you admit where the council has achieved, what the Conservatives do well, and how you'll work together. You're unbelievable until then and won't be winning control. While under your stewardship Labour are a sinking ship - your hatred creates errors of judgement.

Have you apologised to Peter Britcliffe for the incorrect accusations in post one yet?
A lot of our views on how this council is run, our also shared be several Conservative Councillors .
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 10:32   #128
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
A lot of our views on how this council is run, our also shared be several Conservative Councillors .
Suppose these are all unnamed too?
Old 14-02-2009, 10:52   #129
Senior Member+

Quote:
Andrew. They probably wouldn't say publicly, but they are there.

You may well recall that one Conservative Councillor recently left the Tory group.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 11:03   #130
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
if that is fact,it would be very unsafe/unfair to name them,as i'm sure you are well aware.
Old 14-02-2009, 11:07   #131
Senior Member+

I just wish i was important enough for someone to have requested one on me!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 11:07   #132

Re: Hi

Hi Andrew Interesting reading im impressed you were always a wiz attaining information. Sent with sincere admiration for your outstanding comments, clearly you have demonstrated equality and transparency in your statements wish you luck and every deserved sucess in the political arena although im sure you wont need it as i know your a natural. One to watch out for. Regards Mum.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 11:08   #133
Senior Member+

I think they have all spoken publicly and they have all put their views out in the public domain... It's no secret who some of them are.

John Griffiths, Doug Heyes, Sandra Heyes, Wyn Frankland, Rennie Pinder (chair of Altham Parish Council) and David Mason. On and off Paul Barton.

Wyn resigned describing her colleagues as 'Muppets and Puppets' in the press, you don't get more damning than that. Sandra is still involved at other levels despite losing her seat but people know her views.

I told John Griffiths he had been sacked from the cabinet. He didn't believe me. He did 5 minutes later after a showdown. Rennie won't stand for the Tories as they are now and will openly tell anyone that. David Mason resigned and described his Conservative Party as a dictatorship (in full council) a Party that doesn't listen to the opposition. Doug went in the papers a month or so back openly criticising Conservative Policies, is the husband of Sandra, and he is a long standing respected Tory.

Andrew, your local Party appears to be in chaos. It needs sorting out. Why don't you stand? You have less a majority now than you did in 1999. Just 18 Concillors. One less and you lose control. That's because you are benefitting from national polling and this hides the terrible situation of just how many are voting on local isues against this Conservative Council.

About 10 seats have a 50 majority on 1300 turnout.

Last edited by g jones; 14-02-2009 at 11:14.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 11:25   #134
God Member

Have you apologised to Councillor Britcliffe for your accusations yet Graham?
Old 14-02-2009, 12:03   #135

Quote:
Have you apologised to Councillor Britcliffe for your accusations yet Graham?
Why on earth should he apologise to a man, who is a complete and utter disgrace, who dishes out totally uncalled for insults to other members of Hyndburn Council if they try to make any point at meetings.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..