Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2009, 16:17   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: I'd rather this was in anything goes!

I think the Moderators on here do a great job (right got that bit over).

I can understand, for a change, where Less is coming from. He may not have meant expertise and wisdom as a moderator; could have meant as a photographer.

Quite funny really .. did give us the impression that all moderators are filled with expertise and wisdom ....
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2009, 16:53   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Quite funny really .. did give us the impression that all moderators are filled with expertise and wisdom ....
Have you met Mick?
Old 14-02-2009, 17:01   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Have you met Mick?
She got closer than most of us ever have at the last meet (allegedly)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 17:03   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Have you met Mick?
Yes, he's the one up and dressed at 5.30 am, wondering what to do with his banana.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 17:03   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
and thats one allegation that CAN be substanciated.

Old 14-02-2009, 17:03   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Know him well.
Old 14-02-2009, 17:49   #22
God Member

i really want to say my piece on this but the last time i stuck up for you Less i got BANNED lol
Old 14-02-2009, 19:35   #23
Senior Member+

The moderator who did the editing had a reason behind his decision,and to be honest that should be good enough without him having to defend his actions. People have full time jobs and moderate, it's not easy and to be honest is not a fun job, instead of whinging about how mods do the job, maybe just appreciate them for giving up their valuable spare time.
Old 15-02-2009, 06:57   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
The moderator who did the editing had a reason behind his decision,and to be honest that should be good enough without him having to defend his actions. People have full time jobs and moderate, it's not easy and to be honest is not a fun job, instead of whinging about how mods do the job, maybe just appreciate them for giving up their valuable spare time.
Dont think its a "bash the mods" thread its just a case of knowing what bit was wrong and why it was "fixed" thus preventing it happening again as I said previously. The mods do take some stick and supose that goes with the job so to speak. Without them it would be chaos on here and bad for the site. In a way it would be like me asking the mods to remove a post taken out without a reason as to why and the justification as to why. Ok the decission will be theirs but I will have given my reasons why. There has been and always be things that we disagree with the mods about and that will not change nor will there be a people that behave 100% of the time.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 10:08   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
my memorys crap, so i can only assume i musta been at some point.
Na cashy, you never say anything controversial do you mate

Last edited by jaysay; 15-02-2009 at 10:13.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 10:09   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That allegedly chap doesn't have get lots of people of the hook Margaret
Old 15-02-2009, 10:12   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Have i now jaysay? Mick last time i did something threatened me with banning, Len - now got him wrapped round my little finger havent i Len? Now andrew would be quite happy to get rid of me seeing as im a different shade of red to him .......

as you may have gathered i hijacked spugs name as well .... hes going to have to change his password!!!!
Andrew wouldn't do that Spuggie, he's actually quite a nice cap when you get to know him
Old 15-02-2009, 10:14   #28
Resting in Peace

There was NO allegedly about it Katex got a lot closer to me than any other member has except one other and thats the Wife .
as for the edit and this thread even the mods can make mistakes sometime(not very often) but there is no need to go off the deep end a pm would have done.

Last edited by Mick; 15-02-2009 at 10:17.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 10:30   #29
Len
God Member

You know, when some members help out at accyweb i.e become moderators etc they may well prefer to remain anonymous, for security, safety/ many reasons. Which I’m sure most of us can understand.
I know Roy would rather his moderating team use their real names, like I do “Len” but there must be hundreds of Len’s living in and around the Accrington area. Most of my friends here on accyweb know who I am and some have even been to my home, and I bet there are those whom would love to know who I am and where I live.

Just because any said member no longer helps out at accyweb doesn’t mean we/ you can start spilling the beans and breaking confidentiality (They disserve more respect than that). The only person, if needed to spill the beans aboiut them helping out at accyweb, should be the person him/ herself.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 11:46   #30
Resting in Peace

Just wondered who tagged this thread with a 5-Star rating ? Didn't deserve that in my opinion.

Tags
moderhaters, tantrums

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..