Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 19:54   #31

Re: Abu Qatada to be deported

Can't believe they have let him stay over here, that's why Britain is in such a crisis!!!
Paz1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2012, 19:55   #32

They will be letting Abu Hamsa cum back next, pathetic!!
Paz1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 20:02   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So....Qatada's back on the streets.

Someone who laid his life on the line for us is in the clink...

SAS war hero jailed after 'betrayal' - Telegraph

Go figure.
disgrace!!!!

this from a country who cant crack down on 15 year olds roaming the streets with weapons!!!!!!

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 20:39   #34
God Member

I was confused for a while ... and then I realized that this islamic nutbar is not the scumbag with the hooks ...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 20:45   #35
God Member

I noticed that a lot of these assholes term themselves "muslim clerics" ... so what goes on inside their mosques? I'll be willing to bet that "peace" doesn't feature high on their preaching menu.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 20:50   #36
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I noticed that a lot of these assholes term themselves "muslim clerics" ... so what goes on inside their mosques? I'll be willing to bet that "peace" doesn't feature high on their preaching menu.
Let's be honest, 'Clerics' of any nature always preach a form of prejudice.

While I was a child I used to have to go to a C of E Church, the guy on the pulpit there couldn't stand his own congregation so what chance did say, Catholics or even none Christian people have with him?

It's the same the whole World over.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 21:05   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

While I was a child I used to have to go to a C of E Church, the guy on the pulpit there couldn't stand his own congregation so what chance did say, Catholics or even none Christian people have with him?

Not quite mate, C of E n Roman Catholic whilst not perfect, didn't celebrate when the twin towers came down.
Old 12-11-2012, 21:42   #38
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Not quite mate, C of E n Roman Catholic whilst not perfect, didn't celebrate when the twin towers came down.
Did you used to stand in a pulpit and tell me how evil I and the rest of the world was every Sunday when I was about 8?

Last edited by Less; 12-11-2012 at 21:44.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 21:44   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Did you used to stand in a pulpit and tell me how evil I and the rest of the world is every Sunday when I was about 8?
Nah that was in the Railway. on a Sat.
Old 12-11-2012, 22:07   #40
Super Moderator

Quote:

So did I (wonder if it was the same one? ).

However, as far as I'm aware there are no vicars/priests/ministers at this moment in time who are regarded as a threat to national security.
Old 12-11-2012, 22:12   #41
God Member

a new question mark has appeared yet again over Abu Hamsa's head today but luckily it was only because he was putting his arm up to ask if he could go to the toilet

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 22:19   #42
God Member

Quote:
Could not agree more, mate, but the ECHR's a different animal. Even if we left the EU, we'd still be in the ECHR. However, Blair and his mob made things worse by enshrining ECHR decisions in British law. I seem to recall Cameron making some noises about withdrawing from the ECHR and replacing it with some sort of British Court of Human Rights but of course it never happened.
Umm hang on here lets get the facts right.. earlier the ECHR ruled that Qatada could be deported.. this latest ruling was not made by the European court of human rights but by a British judge in a British court of appeal.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 22:51   #43
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Umm hang on here lets get the facts right.. earlier the ECHR ruled that Qatada could be deported.. this latest ruling was not made by the European court of human rights but by a British judge in a British court of appeal.
In 2009 the Law Lords ruled that upholding the principle of a fair trial in another jurisdiction “does not require the UK to retain, to the detriment of national security, a terrorist suspect”. If we were not beholden to the ECHR we could have deported him there and then.

However, the ECHR ruled in January this year that he should not be deported because he risks standing trial on evidence that was obtained by torture. To meet the concerns of the ECHR, Theresa May, obtained assurances from Jordan that he would not face an unfair trial. Qatada was allowed to challenge those new assurances at the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (Siac), which has now ruled it is unsafe for him to return.

So as I say, Mancie, if we had nothing to do with the ECHR we could've deported him three years ago!
Old 13-11-2012, 00:18   #44
God Member

Quote:

So as I say, Mancie, if we had nothing to do with the ECHR we could've deported him three years ago!
I have no doubt that if we had nothing to do with the ECHR this bloke would have been deported years ago.. but the facts are that todays ruling was made in a British court by a British judge.
From what I can make out on the news is that the ECHR in the end ruled that Qatada could legally be deported.. but this judge has rejected the deportation in a British court under British law.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 00:30   #45
Super Moderator

The decision comes despite the fact the British courts have previously ruled that it is safe to return Qatada, who was once described at Osama bin Laden’s right hand man in Europe.

The case was only back at Siac because the European Court of Human Rights ruled earlier this year that he should not be deported because of the risk of torture evidence.

Today’s decision will fuel the row over European judges effectively dictating domestic law.

Seems clear enough to me. The ECHR have said he COULDN'T be deported and the SIAC ruling today simply confirmed that.

You sure you're not getting him mixed up with Hooky who the ECHR said COULD be deported. Easy to get confused with all these Abu's!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..