Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2012, 15:43   #91
Resting in Peace

Re: Abu Qatada to be deported

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
I hope we submit our invoice for keeping him safe.

As per BBC website 29 March 2011:

The average cost of keeping someone in prison is £47,000 a year Sources: HM Prison Service, National Audit Office and Ministry of Justice

Plus the costs of policing for several years to make sure he stayed safe,
which included closing one road so that he could hold prayers outside a mosque. If there's any money left over from his claim - we should invoice him for any benefits he's had.
Ya so think we should call it quits then Lucy, unless he's going to pay some back to the country he hates so much
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2012, 16:16   #92
Super Moderator

Half a million quid for his legal bill paid for us by US.

Half a million legal aid bill for Qatada battle - Telegraph

...and STILL politicians from both sides sit on their hands.
Old 16-12-2012, 16:44   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

Wynonie, I've got to remind you Bin Ladens right hand man has Human Rights.
OK, maybe they're better than your Human Rights or mine but we must set an example to the rest of the world, even if they laugh at us!
And don't worry about the cost, after all the only money we have is borrowed anyway. We get a good rate of interest and we'll never be able to afford to pay it back so what's the problem?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 17:00   #94
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
so what's the problem?
The creature is still breathing.
Old 16-12-2012, 18:12   #95
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
The creature is still breathing.
Send him an SAS present delivered at a mile a second, that should do the trick, after all, he is in the states and we all know what gun nuts they have over there, sorted
Stumped likes this.
Old 16-12-2012, 18:26   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

Nice of the yanks to pony up, eh
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 19:26   #97
Beacon of light

Abu Hamza is in the US John...we still have the pleasure(!) of the company of Abu Qatada.........he is supposed to be bound for Jordan...someday
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 10:50   #98
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Abu Hamza is in the US John...we still have the pleasure(!) of the company of Abu Qatada.........he is supposed to be bound for Jordan...someday
Exactly, Margaret, but a missile to the head would be final, no more legal bills no nothing, although we could send a sympathy card if it helps
Old 23-04-2013, 14:50   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems this piece of crap has defeated another attempt today to deport him. I can also remember the other piece of crap our useless Teresa May, saying about 12-18 months ago, she would soon have him on a plane outa here. She is now blaming her incompetence on the E.U. Human Rights fer moving the goalposts. Would that be the same E.U. all major parties want to remain in?
Eric likes this.
Old 23-04-2013, 14:58   #100
God Member

surely our Liz has the right to say " off with his head" or " get that piece of trash out my country".

personally I'd just special forces him out to Jordan in secret and we deny all knowledge of what happened to him....
cashman and jaysay like this.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 15:24   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Nice of the yanks to pony up, eh
maybe they will refund us teh cost of fighting their illigal war in iraq as well.That would get us out of a lot of debt its what helped put us in it so bad in the first place.

infact i would appreciate it if teh usa would refund me my fuel expenses because their stupid war doubled the price of fuel over night

mind you they cant afford 50p for teh meter to electrecute a terrorist these days so theres no hope really

unless they sell teh rest of america to the chineese lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 17:11   #102
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
surely our Liz has the right to say " off with his head" or " get that piece of trash out my country".

personally I'd just special forces him out to Jordan in secret and we deny all knowledge of what happened to him....
I bet that has been mused more than once Ian, that or a metal object travelling, around a mile in 10 seconds, right between the eyes would suffice just as well.
Old 23-04-2013, 17:58   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

So why was this piece of crap not put straight on a plane in 2009,when a british court ruled it was ok.?
Old 23-04-2013, 18:23   #104
God Member

Was reading an article on the case in one of your papers ... Guardian, I think ... and came across this gem: "The judges said the fact that he was considered a dangerous terrorist was irrelevant to their decision."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 18:26   #105
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I bet that has been mused more than once Ian, that or a metal object travelling, around a mile in 10 seconds, right between the eyes would suffice just as well.
Thats a bit slow John, it only takes a 7.62 mm 150 grain bullet 2.6 secs to travel 1000 yards. What we need is Charles Bronson as the Mechanic.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..