Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2013, 15:09   #196
Beacon of light

Re: Abu Qatada to be deported

Ah...that makes sense.
Apart from the fact that Qatada is actually reportes as having said, that if the treaty were ratified(which it has been) he would take his family to live in Jordan.

Is that the bit of the human Rights act that he has been relying on....a right to a family life?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2013, 01:53   #197
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Exactly, seems well thought out and weighted heavily against women, they just can't win whatever they do. I thought men and women are supposed to be as 'equal as the teeth on a comb' in Islam? Seems some are more equal than others.
Like a lot of folks I've been watching the coverage of what's happening in Egypt ... all the footage of Morsi (or is it Mursi ... or who gives a flying you know what) supporters shows crowds of men ... the sisters don't seem to have much of a presence in the Brotherhood. But I do see positives in what is happening in Egypt, Turkey, and Iran. I think, though, that Afghanistan is a write off. As is much of Pakistan.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:00   #198
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I've just seen this on Yahoo
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

It is understood Jordanian authorities allowed Qatada's family to greet hi on his arrival in Amman.

I think the BBC refers to his family here and Sky are referrring to his family in Jordan.
He certainly walked the tarmac alone when he was going to his departure, I had a tear in my eye watching him leave
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:02   #199
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Like a lot of folks I've been watching the coverage of what's happening in Egypt ... all the footage of Morsi (or is it Mursi ... or who gives a flying you know what) supporters shows crowds of men ... the sisters don't seem to have much of a presence in the Brotherhood. But I do see positives in what is happening in Egypt, Turkey, and Iran. I think, though, that Afghanistan is a write off. As is much of Pakistan.
They maybe failures Eric because most of um are over here anyway
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 17:42   #200

A government source said "Abu Qatada will not be allowed back into Britain." WANNA BET?

The mere fact that they felt it necessary to say that casts doubt in my mind!
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 19:12   #201
Senior Member+

Isn't he innocent?
Abu Qatada was found not guilty of a terror plot.
BBC News - Abu Qatada found not guilty by Jordan court of terror plot

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 11:39   #202
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Not good the thought that just one loathsome parasite may soil our shores again, there's also the creature Bakri whose family are mewling!

Islamist leader seeks return to UK, after being banned in wake of 7/7 praise - UK - News - The Independent
Old 29-06-2014, 12:20   #203
Full Member+

Apparently, Bakri can't claim asylum in this country because he would have to be here to get it and as he's in Lebanon its tough titty.
Old 29-06-2014, 12:36   #204
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Apparently, Bakri can't claim asylum in this country because he would have to be here to get it and as he's in Lebanon its tough titty.
Normally I'd agree with the sentiments,but for some reason I don't think that is going to be any sort of hindrance mainly due to that old chezzy "Ummin rights" & the cesspool morass of ECHR unfortunately.

Still, let's wait & see shall we, as on Friday the Boy blunder DC was shown his arse by the stooges of the €-zone, just maybe he found his testis after them being so long hidden under his cheeks, who knows?
Old 29-06-2014, 13:13   #205
Beacon of light

Let us hope this man never gets back in the UK.
He says he is being tortured......the poor lamb, it was what he wanted for our boys.....for them to be tortured, maimed killed...and those who were not killed to have a life that meant they often wish they had been.
Karma! What goes around comes around...and as for his family...well, of course they aren't going to say that this man was inciting racial hatred, was radicalising young muslim men.
Of course they are going to bleat to try and get him back here. I hope they NEVER succeed.
walkinman221 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 13:33   #206
Full Member+

I wouldn't give Bakris family the air time. His daughter was interviewed on tv wearing the full shebang - only her eyes were visible. They look like a fully integrated, British family don't they. If they want to be with daddy then they can sod off to Lebanon, I'm sure the government could find enough money for a few one-way tickets.
Old 30-06-2014, 07:23   #207
Senior Member+

We should have a whip round ,i'm sure we would soon raise enough cash. He should never be allowed to soil our shores again, and his hateful bloodsucking offspring should not get another penny from this country but i fear as ever the namby pamby do gooders may win the day, the do good brigade should be told if he comes back he has to live with you see if they are that keen to have him back then
cashman likes this.
Old 30-06-2014, 08:17   #208
Full Member+

It's the namby pamby do gooders that are damaging our country so much. Why should people like Bakri be afforded human rights when they go round spouting their bile, wishing to deny others their human rights. They don't have an iota of humanity in their bones. He bit the hand that fed him so the food was withdrawn, he's in the position that he's in by his own actions and his family have no right to winge on tv.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..