Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2009, 19:35   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
One on here appears to be pre-occupied by hot dogs and coke and relationships to others very odd.
It's in reference to a now infamous quote that started the whole expenses ball rolling.

Perhaps being being only a 'local' issue, which you profess to take little interest in, you overlooked it in the local press, has happened with your polling card which showed which ward you live in.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2009, 19:40   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps if it's going to be such an issue, it would have been wiser not to have mentioned it in the first place.

It's not as if it was mentioned to someone in confidence, and then suddenly became public by being posted...they did that themselves.

As for being 'unprofessional' if it's ever referred to, I suppose that now makes yourself, and myself, 'professional' Accy Webbers.

Cool.

When's pay day, and how much do we get paid for our professional services?

Should we start a union to protect our rights?

Nah, let's just get paid by the half-hour, like the oldest professionals .... put a c-note under the pillow and don't slam the door when you leave
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 19:41   #48
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Perhaps if it's going to be such an issue, it would have been wiser not to have mentioned it in the first place.

It's not as if it was mentioned to someone in confidence, and then suddenly became public by being posted...they did that themselves.

As for being 'unprofessional' if it's ever referred to, I suppose that now makes yourself, and myself, 'professional' Accy Webbers.

Cool.

When's pay day, and how much do we get paid for our professional services?

Should we start a union to protect our rights?

I dare not comment.

I might get another visit from "Boris"

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 19:44   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Nah, let's just get paid by the half-hour, like the oldest professionals .... put a c-note under the pillow and don't slam the door when you leave
How Much?????????????????

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 19:48   #50
Give, give, give member

Quote:
With such poor punters as these I reckon we could knock 'em out in ten minutes, and have triple the income.

Since I know you appreciate a good quote, I just happened across this African proverb, which for some reason made me think of this thread.

“Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet.”

Old 26-02-2009, 19:55   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
How Much?????????????????
A hundred bucks is cheap ... think of the cost of dinner, wine, more drinks, a visit to the clubs, flowers etc ... oh, and a cab ride home
Old 26-02-2009, 19:56   #52
God Member

Quote:
With such poor punters as these I reckon we could knock 'em out in ten minutes, and have triple the income.

Since I know you appreciate a good quote, I just happened across this African proverb, which for some reason made me think of this thread.

“Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet.”

Nice .... I reserve the right to use this without giving you any credit whatsoever It's the kinda guy I am
Old 26-02-2009, 20:05   #53
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Nice .... I reserve the right to use this without giving you any credit whatsoever It's the kinda guy I am
If only poor Princess Margaret had holidayed in Africa, rather than Mustique, she might have known not to have put both feet in a scalding bath, and wouldn't have spent the last few years of her life in a wheelchair.

Old 26-02-2009, 20:16   #54
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
One on here appears to be pre-occupied by hot dogs and coke and relationships to others very odd.
Personally I'd find it difficult to offer an opinion that's going to be of any value, when I knew so little of the basic facts that were involved, in whatever subject was being discussed, for fear of looking an almighty fool.

Old 26-02-2009, 20:18   #55
God Member

As Hilaire Belloc once said:

andrewb says that g jones' of gutter breed,
And g jones says andrewb's a fool indeed,
And g jones and andrewb and I are all agreed.

Well, what he really said was:

Lump says that Caliban's of gutter breed,
And Caliban says Lump's a fool indeed,
And Caliban and Lump and I are all agreed.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 20:24   #56
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
I dare not comment.

I might get another visit from "Boris"
Are you scared of spiders?

Last edited by Neil; 26-02-2009 at 20:34.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 20:47   #57
God Member

Graham, are you saying you only claim 12 pounds a month on your council mobile bills? If so where does teh figure quoted come in? its a factor of 10 out from whjats being quoted.

please clarify so we all know what we are talking about here.

@Cashy - you want me to admit to not having an open enough mind that would allow me to change my vote depending on what I believe is right at the time. - rather starnge to want to admit to being blinkered. Unfortunately I'm not....

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 21:02   #58
God Member

Quote:
Personally I'd find it difficult to offer an opinion that's going to be of any value, when I knew so little of the basic facts that were involved, in whatever subject was being discussed, for fear of looking an almighty fool.
I think a rickshaw woud be more appropriate than a pram and the Kow Tow would be complete.....I think the almighty fool might be you sunshine. Personally I think you would find it difficult to offer an opinion that would not involve you as principle player.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 21:27   #59
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Personally I feel andrewb has done himself no favours in this thread, yet again he has tried and failed to get the upper hand on g jones. I'm not happy with him being so bias against members of this forum and will be sending Roy a PM asking that he is no longer allowed to be a moderator of this site. I believe he could be in a position where he could use his moderator tag for his own gain, which under no circumstances should that be allowed.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 21:46   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I believe he could be in a position where he could use his moderator tag for his own gain
Far too many coulds in that sentence.
Even though we all often disagree with his views, he's well entitled to them.
I don't see how his moderator status is being abused. Until it is, it's a mute point.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mudslinging, politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..