Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 23:36   #31
God Member

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
The British abroad have kept their own culture
Ye, but we dont wear bearskins or fancy dress.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2009, 23:38   #32
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
the British abroad have kept thier own culture
But this is not about Brits abroad Mancie.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 23:42   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I was saying that the "when in Rome" stuff is often quoted on here..but has never applied to the British.

Last edited by Mancie; 12-03-2009 at 23:45.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 23:44   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
This is what the members choose to comment on, unless the Mods think otherwise?

Old 12-03-2009, 23:55   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Possibly the largest multi-cultural nation in the world is the USA..they have had problems but more past than present..Nazi Germany showed us what the alternatives are...and the saying "when in Rome" don't seem to apply to the British ...the British abroad have kept thier own culture...apart from Tarzan we did'nt suddenly take up wearing leapard skins and shrinking heads when we invaded Africa!
the usa has problems now, with nazi brigades etc, had major problems not too far back with the Klan,but all that is irrelevant, to whats going on in this country at the moment, problems or not, the yanks have never treated these people like "Noddy In Toyland" they tend not to tolerate like the lemons here.
Old 13-03-2009, 00:07   #36
God Member

When saying "these people" Cashy I assume you mean the protesters at Luton? but that incident by a very few does not go to say we should start biulding barracades ...there has to be a line drawn when a foreign culture attempts to manipulate custome and laws to force their own standards on us agreed..\i reckon the Klan in America is more of a racial problem than cultural and that maybe something we sometimes get mixed up.. culture not race..apart from that I can't see any alternative other than accept a multicultural society...we already have one!

Last edited by Mancie; 13-03-2009 at 00:14.
Old 13-03-2009, 00:11   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
When saying "these people" Cashy I assume you mean the protesters at Luton? but that incident by a very few does not go to say we should start biulding barracades ...there has to be a line drawn when a foreign culture attempts to manipulate custome and laws to force their own standards on us agreed..apart from that I can't see any alternative other than accept a multicultural society...we already have one!
that comment i agree with completely, but the government should get off the pot n sort these people out good style.
Old 13-03-2009, 00:13   #38
God Member

I have tonight watched a video clip of Afghan Nationals in Calais trying by whatever means to get into the UK to claim political asylum and reside in a safe haven.
France are in the EEU but they are considering setting up transit camps for these people who I feel sure the UK does not want....why do France not deport them or allow asylum.
Are we a soft touch? It would be rather interesting to hear from elected councillors and political gurus on this subject?

BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Migrants try to enter UK from Calais

Old 13-03-2009, 00:26   #39
God Member

Watching that clip I get the impression that the French have a bigger problem than here.
Old 13-03-2009, 00:43   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Watching that clip I get the impression that the French have a bigger problem than here.
the french are helping get here in my eyes, providing em with soup kitchens n a camp, until they can jump in the back of a lorry n get the driver prosecuted if caught wi em.
Old 13-03-2009, 00:48   #41
Give, give, give member

Quote:
...the British abroad have kept thier own culture...apart from Tarzan we did'nt suddenly take up wearing leapard skins and shrinking heads when we invaded Africa!
I think those colonial ideas died out when the sun set on the British Empire.

Apart from a few places in Spain, which have enclaves of immigrants from quite a few northern European countries, and therefore stick in their own communities, most Brits who emigrate now have to assimilate in whichever country they've decided to move to. Be it Australia, Canada or Dubai. They adapt to the cultural idenity of their host country, but are still proud of their British roots.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 00:54   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

theres a world of difference between keeping yer own culture n trying to IMPOSE it on the nationals, this minority cos thats what they are, are doing no good what so ever fer the ordinary moslems that just wanna get on wi life.
Old 13-03-2009, 00:56   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the french are helping get here in my eyes, providing em with soup kitchens n a camp, until they can jump in the back of a lorry n get the driver prosecuted if caught wi em.
I don't blame the French... to be honest I would like to see a video of illegal immagrants trying to jump on lorries in Dover bound for France!..maybe it will happen soon.
Old 13-03-2009, 00:58   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I don't blame the French... to be honest I would like to see a video of illegal immagrants trying to jump on lorries in Dover bound for France!..maybe it will happen soon.
never happen mancie i reckon, too many sweeteners here.
Old 13-03-2009, 01:02   #45
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
theres a world of difference between keeping yer own culture n trying to IMPOSE it on the nationals, this minority cos thats what they are, are doing no good what so ever fer the ordinary moslems that just wanna get on wi life.
That's very true. Most of the Muslims I know are content living in the community.

Happily it's only a minority, much like other religious minorities, who likewise try to force their beliefs on you, that are trying to attack and change the democrcy we enjoy in Britain.

I'll fight that small minority until I breathe my last breath.

I'd rather die doing that than for them to win, and for me to be strung up in some football stadium.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..