Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2009, 15:16   #61
God Member

Re: Multicultural Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
According to figures released by the United Nations, Britain is heading to become Europe's biggest population,

Its envisaged that annual net populations migration for he period 2010-2050 will be

USA 1,1m
Canada 214,000
GB 174,000
Spain 170,000
Italy 159,00
Germany 110,000
Austria 100,000
France 100,000

The most crowded country in Europe with people per Square Km are:-

England 395
Holland 393
Belgium 341
Germany 232
Italy 195
Luxembourg 177
Czech Rep 129
Denmark 126
Poland 118
Portugal 114
France 111

Looks like this little country of ours is getting just a bit crowded to say the least, we've got to draw a line somewhere or the bloody place will sink
Canada: 3.2 per sq. km. That's why we are so friendly; we rarely bump into one another
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2009, 16:12   #62
Resting in Peace

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Looks Like there's more chance of bumping into a Grizzly than another human being Eric
Old 13-03-2009, 16:31   #63
God Member

Quote:
Looks Like there's more chance of bumping into a Grizzly than another human being Eric
You know, in some parts of this big, beautiful country of ours this is true

However, I am surprised that GB will have that density of population ... I remeber when I was being force-fed geography at Accy Grammar, that the Netherlands had by far the most people per sq. mile. Is the increase in population all due to immigration? Or are the native brits having more kids?
Old 13-03-2009, 16:37   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

However, I am surprised that GB will have that density of population ... I remeber when I was being force-fed geography at Accy Grammar, that the Netherlands had by far the most people per sq. mile. Is the increase in population all due to immigration? Or are the native brits having more kids?
A bit of both Eric, but at the rate people are queuing up in France for a chance to come to our Green and Pleasant land may have more to do with it than anything else
Old 13-03-2009, 16:56   #65
God Member

Quote:
A bit of both Eric, but at the rate people are queuing up in France for a chance to come to our Green and Pleasant land may have more to do with it than anything else
Green and pleasant! With all those folks walking on the grass Maybe Nancy Reagan's formula would work in this case: When it comes to more immigration; just say "no". It's your damn country for pete's sake. And there is a simple solution to this "open door" policy .... shut the bloody door
Old 13-03-2009, 17:29   #66
Give, give, give member

Quote:

They've reclaimed a lot more of the Zeider Zee since you were at school.

Thus increasing the amount of space each person has to park their clogs on.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 17:35   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
They've reclaimed a lot more of the Zeider Zee since you were at school.

Thus increasing the amount of space each person has to park their clogs on.
Makes sense .... so, if you bulldoze the Pennines and fill in the Lake District ......

And I'm infernally grateful that you didn't mention other things that have happened since I was at school; like the extinction of the dinosaurs .......
Old 13-03-2009, 17:41   #68
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Makes sense .... so, if you bulldoze the Pennines and fill in the Lake District ......

And I'm infernally grateful that you didn't mention other things that have happened since I was at school; like the extinction of the dinosaurs .......
I wouldn't dream of being so rude.

(I think I'd better not mention another shocking piece of news just yet.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 17:55   #69
God Member

Quote:

Yes to the first part, a family made up of two members very soon becomes a family of sixteen or twenty when both parents are allowed to visit along with siblings from both sides and breeding begins in earnest.
20 years = 150 extended family............easy.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 18:41   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy 39 View Post
Yes to the first part, a family made up of two members very soon becomes a family of sixteen or twenty when both parents are allowed to visit along with siblings from both sides and breeding begins in earnest.
20 years = 150 extended family............easy.
Well if you put it that way Roy, Its simplicity itself even why do the powers that be think of it that way and these people are supposed to be educated, mind you when you've got a guy in the cabinet called Balls what do you expect

Last edited by jaysay; 13-03-2009 at 18:44.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 18:43   #71
Full Member+

Well, I've certainly stirred up a hornets nest with this well meant debate. Interesting to get so many diverse points of view on what I feel will become a major point of focus in the next general election campaign. Tolerance has always been a recognised facet of the British nature, but boy oh boy, we are surely being sorely tested at the moment!

Regards, etc . . . Stumped.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 18:54   #72
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Well, I've certainly stirred up a hornets nest with this well meant debate. Interesting to get so many diverse points of view on what I feel will become a major point of focus in the next general election campaign. Tolerance has always been a recognised facet of the British nature, but boy oh boy, we are surely being sorely tested at the moment!

Regards, etc . . . Stumped.
Well Stumps your spot on on mate, but isn't that what Accy Web is all about seeking other peoples opinions, its just a pity that these type of forums have only just come to the fore, beats the hell out of writing letters to the local press then waiting a week for people to reply, I feel a song coming on "Instant replay" or better still instant reply
Old 14-03-2009, 19:35   #73
Full Member+

Quote:
Well Stumps your spot on on mate, but isn't that what Accy Web is all about seeking other peoples opinions, its just a pity that these type of forums have only just come to the fore, beats the hell out of writing letters to the local press then waiting a week for people to reply, I feel a song coming on "Instant replay" or better still instant reply
The Accy Site is indeed a brilliant forum for venting one's spleen. Let's just hope that our local politico's sit up and take notice - and maybe think very carefully before taking any decision to rename old Accrington Streets in accordance with muslim wishes.
Reckon I should give my soapbox a rest for a while now - the hornets are beginning to sting!
Old 14-03-2009, 21:12   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
The Accy Site is indeed a brilliant forum for venting one's spleen. Let's just hope that our local politico's sit up and take notice - and maybe think very carefully before taking any decision to rename old Accrington Streets in accordance with muslim wishes.
Reckon I should give my soapbox a rest for a while now - the hornets are beginning to sting!
Dont go yet Stumped.....some nutter thinks we are going to be invaded with plastic ducks
If you come across one in Accy or Ossy give Rindy a shout...he has a pond.
If you go to Blackpool keep look out for them....If you find 'Robinson' on one and 'Crusoe' on the other you have won the jackpot....three pints of that loony broth that prompted this nonsense.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009, 17:11   #75
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Dont go yet Stumped.....some nutter thinks we are going to be invaded with plastic ducks
If you come across one in Accy or Ossy give Rindy a shout...he has a pond.
If you go to Blackpool keep look out for them....If you find 'Robinson' on one and 'Crusoe' on the other you have won the jackpot....three pints of that loony broth that prompted this nonsense.
I spotted one in my grandson's bath. Tried to drown it, but the dratted creature just told me to cluck off!

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..