Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2009, 05:37   #166
God Member

Re: Multicultural Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The difference there, being that if the man had been German then there would be a very good chance that he would not need an interpreter.......he would probably speak English very well as it has been part of the curriculum in school over there for a very long time.

And you tar the members of Accyweb with the racist brush....well pardon me, but isn't that post just a little bit racist...or does the smiley absolve you from that crime?
yes my post was just a liitle bit racist...but then I do have a basic knowledge of history....jamming millions of men, women and children into gas chambers..should that be forgotten?.. and should the IRA bombings be forgotten?... maybe it's worth remembering that the Nazis started off by generating a population of mass murderers by a gentle and slow proccess of picking on jews and non Germans..and eventually almost the whole population joined in ... we think it could not happen here... but it is a start.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2009, 09:01   #167
Beacon of light

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

I also have some knowledge of history too.
My Father was blown up at the D-day landings.......but we are talking a long time ago now.......and many of the Germans who were the perpetrators of those atrocities are long dead and are answering for their crimes to their maker.

So from your answer I guess that you think that a race of people, who have done wrong in the past, must pay for it in perpetuity.......the sins of the fathers, and all that.

Surely you don't believe that this justifies racism, but then perhaps you do........and are therefore no different from those whom you label racist.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 09:30   #168
God Member

Quote:
I also have some knowledge of history too.
My Father was blown up at the D-day landings.......but we are talking a long time ago now.......and many of the Germans who were the perpetrators of those atrocities are long dead and are answering for their crimes to their maker.

So from your answer I guess that you think that a race of people, who have done wrong in the past, must pay for it in perpetuity.......the sins of the fathers, and all that.

Surely you don't believe that this justifies racism, but then perhaps you do........and are therefore no different from those whom you label racist.
I think that a race that managed to design factories for the sole purpose of killing millions of women and children should have to pay... and it may have been along time ago( is say 70yrs along time)...I don't know of any other race that murdered so many people on a mass scale.. so why should I tip toe around any Germans?..the sins of the Muslim extremists are here and now and we should fight them to the death..but until time tells me they are all to blame I can't see any real reason to "send em home".. or.. "give me a gun I'll get rid of em".. sort of stuff that is posted on this site.. people here must be wearing very dark glasses if they have not seen these posts.. or am I dreaming?
Old 28-03-2009, 09:44   #169
Beacon of light

I have seen these posts too.......but do not feel that because I have seen them, it makes me one of them too.

I think you are just as guilty of the crime that you load onto the fellow members of Accyweb.

I do not feel that the atrocites that happened during the second world war should be forgotten, but I don't think it is right, sensible, or fair to judge the German nation of today with the crimes that happend many years ago.
We remember so that we do not make the same mistakes again.

And if you think that the atrocites that were carried out by the Germans were the only ones in History then I suggest that you go back to the books and do some more research.
Old 28-03-2009, 09:54   #170
God Member

I'll go along with that Margaret.. no problem.. so why do we bunch anyone that ain't white as a bunch of scrounging non english speaking scum?.
Old 28-03-2009, 10:02   #171
Resting in Peace

Mancie my post wasn't racist, I was merely pointing out something that is happening all to often, people who have never wanted to live here but then want on cash in on our health service. As I've said time and again on here, I haven't got problem people coming to this country providing they contribute, but examples like the one I mentioned are taking the pee, and that I may add is not an isolated case either. You can't go to any other country in the world and get free health care, in most countries if you haven't paid into the system you don't get treated, I think Spain is a prime example of this.
Old 28-03-2009, 10:39   #172
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I'll go along with that Margaret.. no problem.. so why do we bunch anyone that ain't white as a bunch of scrounging non english speaking scum?.

Do we?

And is that the 'Royal' we.

I think it is possible that we all fall into this trap at times, but that doesn't warrant being designated as a racist.
Old 28-03-2009, 11:35   #173
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Do we?

And is that the 'Royal' we.

I think it is possible that we all fall into this trap at times, but that doesn't warrant being designated as a racist.
Got to agree Margaret. At the moment there are 2 million of our own people out of work, so why let more people into the country, they're only here as benefit tourists, because they get far better treatment here than their own countries, and to me that's crazy to say the least
Old 28-03-2009, 11:41   #174
Beacon of light

As I said in an earlier post, we have to apply economic rules to migrants......even if this hasn't been done in the past.
I feel that without this form of monitoring of the funds of migrants we will be increasingly overwhelmed by the benefit demands of those who have not(and probably will not) pay into the system.
The whole of the benefits system require a root and branch overhaul of major proportions.
Successive governments(of all colours...and not in the racist sense) have tinkered around the edges, and not made any real differences.

To be honest I can't see it happening soon.
Old 28-03-2009, 12:04   #175
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Mancie my post wasn't racist, I was merely pointing out something that is happening all to often, people who have never wanted to live here but then want on cash in on our health service. As I've said time and again on here, I haven't got problem people coming to this country providing they contribute, but examples like the one I mentioned are taking the pee, and that I may add is not an isolated case either. You can't go to any other country in the world and get free health care, in most countries if you haven't paid into the system you don't get treated, I think Spain is a prime example of this.
spain is you are quite correct as no doubt royboy will verify, all you have said i wholly agree with, though must point out i have never blamed the immigrants, just the "SYSTEM" that allows this.
Old 28-03-2009, 13:18   #176
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
so why do we bunch anyone that ain't white as a bunch of scrounging non english speaking scum?.
There you go again mancie, another racist post, not all non English speaking scum are black.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 13:47   #177
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
spain is you are quite correct as no doubt royboy will verify, all you have said i wholly agree with, though must point out i have never blamed the immigrants, just the "SYSTEM" that allows this.
Of course its the system cashy, an open door policy which is in operation at the moment has seen immigrant numbers to increase by 1 million in the last four years, and no one is going to tell me they have all come looking for work, its well known the Britain is an easy touch
Old 28-03-2009, 14:57   #178
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Spain............Pay now't.......get now't

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 18:13   #179
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Spain............Pay now't.......get now't
UK...........Pay now't.........get everything especially if you're an immigrant

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 20:00   #180
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
He can do what he wants when he has his own business, and not employed by someone else to serve the public.

Though if he next decides disabled people take too long buying their stamps, and decides their custom is no longer welcome, they like other groups are protected by law from discrimination.
Touche.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..