Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2009, 08:52   #196

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There's a new program Started on Ski about Board Police, the number of Afghans who were caught trying to enter Britain illegally was a joke. We have our troops being killed every day in Afghanistan, and these people are trying to enter this county, not once but twice sometimes three times. why should our lads be giving up their lives when these people aren't prepared to stay and help rid their own country of the Taliban
Why should they bother jaysay when they got our lads doing it for them, and some getting killed in the process
Old 17-09-2009, 09:41   #197
Resting in Peace

Re: Multicultural Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
Why should they bother jaysay when they got our lads doing it for them, and some getting killed in the process
Isn't that whats so bloody stupid, they don't give a toss for their own country and our lads are giving their lives trying to sort their problems out for them, what an absolute waste
Old 17-09-2009, 12:04   #198
God Member

Quote:
There's a new program Started on Ski about Board Police, the number of Afghans who were caught trying to enter Britain illegally was a joke. We have our troops being killed every day in Afghanistan, and these people are trying to enter this county, not once but twice sometimes three times. why should our lads be giving up their lives when these people aren't prepared to stay and help rid their own country of the Taliban
I have been watching this programme and anybody who can't see by now that this country is seen as a soft touch needs their eyes testing. It would be interesting to know just how many are in this country illegally!!!
Old 17-09-2009, 12:45   #199
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

we watched a programme last week, police were raiding restraunts etc in glasgow, catching illegal immigrants working in em etc, most of em said they LOST there PASSPORT, so therefore no powers to send em back, so police are knackered just tell em not allowed to work, they actually caught one guy the previous week working at another restraunt, i mean hell whats goin on in this country? its more than taking the pish, its rubbing our noses in it. so what does ANY party intend to do about this joke of a system?
Old 17-09-2009, 14:19   #200

If anything was going to be done, it would have happened by now.......the problem lies with the government, they pussy foot round everyone (except the British)...we obviously count for nothing in this not so fair land..
Old 18-09-2009, 00:17   #201
Senior Member+

apologies for offtopic... but i for some reason have a Red karma that just says 'hows that for negative' i think perhaps an incomplete sentence? No idea why i got this apart from not sharing the same views as others.... oh well
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 00:25   #202
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
this joke of a system?
Perhpas the BNP have intention to make a difference...thats if they get enough fascists to support them.

I agree with you that the system is a joke but all world leaders are puppets on strings....just ask Mr D

Last edited by Restless; 18-09-2009 at 00:28.
Old 18-09-2009, 00:31   #203
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
apologies for offtopic... but i for some reason have a Red karma that just says 'hows that for negative' i think perhaps an incomplete sentence? No idea why i got this apart from not sharing the same views as others.... oh well
I wouldn't worry about it bud .... Anyone incapable of using an apostrophe in order to make a phrase into a complete sentence probably doesn't have a reasoned position to argue (or at least to argue intelligently) other than one supported only by a set of biases sitting on a foundation of ignorance.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 00:50   #204
Senior Member+

well said, but you dont have to be literate to argue intelligently or even to run a country... look at george bush
Old 18-09-2009, 04:01   #205
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
well said, but you dont have to be literate to argue intelligently or even to run a country... look at george bush
I'd rather not
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 09:09   #206
Resting in Peace

It appears the the French are closing the refuge camp outside Calais, where 2000 people from mainly Afghanistan and Iraq, are hell bent on gaining illegal entry to this country, it seems the French are blaming GB plc for the growth of this site because Britain has become a soft touch and people can't wait to get to the land of milk and honey
Old 18-09-2009, 11:25   #207
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
It appears the the French are closing the refuge camp outside Calais, where 2000 people from mainly Afghanistan and Iraq, are hell bent on gaining illegal entry to this country, it seems the French are blaming GB plc for the growth of this site because Britain has become a soft touch and people can't wait to get to the land of milk and honey
fer once i agree wi the frogs.
Old 18-09-2009, 13:16   #208
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You can't go to any other country in the world and get free health care, in most countries if you haven't paid into the system you don't get treated, I think Spain is a prime example of this.
If you take out Residencia Jaysay ... you get their free health care whether you have paid anything into their system or not. My friends have done this, and have nothing but praise for it.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 14:11   #209
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
If you take out Residencia Jaysay ... you get their free health care whether you have paid anything into their system or not. My friends have done this, and have nothing but praise for it.
i took Residencia Kate but also had to pay Social Securidad, are yer friends retired? that could explain it. agree wi the praise fer spanish health care.
Old 18-09-2009, 14:36   #210
Super Moderator

So, why don't the government take a look at the French, German and Spanish methods of dealing with immigration? Presumably, they have systems in place which are fair, yet firm. It stands to reason that if we adopted the French model, for example, the UK would be an unappealing as France is now to the thousands currently massed at Calais.

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..