Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2009, 23:12   #226
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
well if they win through i hope you have blonde hair and blue eyes
That old one again, just get us out of Europe and stop the influx of job stealing immigrants and I will be happy, for now.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2009, 23:14   #227
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
well if they win through i hope you have blonde hair and blue eyes
they will never win through, in my view thats just a protest vote, quite understandable to me, personally would rather have me balls cut off, but can see plainly why folk are brassed off enough to vote fer em, its those who can't see that,that worry me.
Old 18-09-2009, 23:21   #228
Senior Member+

yes but cashman voting for bnp will not solve this problem and the protest is just blowing in the wind.

bagpuss: yeah the old one....but still the horror is still there about these people. Nick said that the holocaust was the holohoax.....that scares me..especially when people may vote without really knowing the full extent to the hatred they represent
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 23:26   #229
Senior Member+

yeah the european union... that is an odd situation. I had a born again christianity leaflet through the door that said Jesus was going to return and destroy the european union....hehe

According to conspiracy nuts we are heading into a world government and that you can expect a war with china/japan soon. What will happen then...Will we vote to try and get out of the world union?
Old 18-09-2009, 23:29   #230
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
yes but cashman voting for bnp will not solve this problem
disagree if enough people vote fer these scumbags the main parties will have to get off the pot n sort our homeland out, it may just need summat like that to make the ******* move. unless of course you can tell me what else will.
Old 18-09-2009, 23:33   #231
Senior Member+

doubt they would ever get enough votes. This was the basis of my last comment
Old 18-09-2009, 23:54   #232
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
doubt they would ever get enough votes. This was the basis of my last comment
i also doubt that, but fact remains if it occured i think the majors would crap themselves n actually do summat, so on that basis i think it may work, do you?
Old 19-09-2009, 00:00   #233
Senior Member+

its hard to contemplate. If bnp got in id do everything i could to goto america or canada
Old 19-09-2009, 00:01   #234
Senior Member+

i keep telling myself this country... i need out of it. But if i managed to leave for good....would i miss it? hehe
Old 19-09-2009, 00:08   #235
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
its hard to contemplate. If bnp got in id do everything i could to goto america or canada
Quote:
i keep telling myself this country... i need out of it. But if i managed to leave for good....would i miss it? hehe
no-ones talking about em getting in, cos will never happen most people are aware of that, if they got a big vote i'm saying. many would leave if they were elected, i would return to spain fer one.
Old 19-09-2009, 08:16   #236
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
That old one again, just get us out of Europe and stop the influx of job stealing immigrants and I will be happy, for now.
Baggy, as someone who's married to a "job stealing immigrant" (a "job stealing immigrant" who might help to save your life one day if you ever have the misfortune to need treatment in her hospital department), if your wish ever came, true and the BNP got into power, you would see a space were I used to stand on the Clayton End.

However, the major parties really do need to counter the threat of the BNP more seriously. Firstly, by acknowledging that people are concerned about immigration and looking at ways to allay their concerns. As I said, why don't the goverment look at how the French and Spanish deal with immigrants? Neither of these countries have adopted the "send 'em all back and close the borders" approach that the likes of Baggy advocate, but they are not seen as a soft touch for illegals and bogus asylum seekers in the way that the UK is.

Secondly, the main parties need to confront Nick Griffin directly and expose his arguments to the light of day. Nick Griffin is apparently going to appear on "Question Time" - the Labour party's refusal to appear with him is absolutely ridiculous. They should be on there countering his cliched, prejudiced views with well-reasoned arguments. Ignoring the BNP will not make them go away.
Old 19-09-2009, 08:46   #237
Resting in Peace

With regards to the refugee camp in France, it now appears that the UN are sticking their nose in saying that those in this camp should be allowed into Britain when this camp shuts, no doubt they#ll be saying that we should also take those being held in Camp Gidmo when the Yanks close that too, Britain is fast becoming the dustbin of the world
Old 19-09-2009, 09:18   #238
God Member

It's really quite simple; even us colonials got if figured. All those wishing to become citizens of our country must apply. In order to be succesful you need to aquire a certain number of points. Points are awarded on the basis of your education and skills, and if those skills are ones that we are in need of, and you are in good health, you are in. Although, if you decide to locate in Quebec, be prepared to learn French and accept the fact that your children will be educated in French. Bottom line is: if we need you, you are welcome. If we don't ..........
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 09:19   #239
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:

As the lib dem guy says..... "party of thugs and fascists"
Lets get real, the Lim Dem guy probably see's Rupert Bear as a fascist thug
Old 19-09-2009, 09:47   #240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Lets get real, the Lim Dem guy probably see's Rupert Bear as a fascist thug
Maybe he is! If you look at the cover of Rupert annuals he's brown, but if you look at the pictures inside, he's gone white. Think there's a subliminal message there!

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..