Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2009, 04:05   #256
Senior Member+

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Is this true ?, any idea of the numbers ? any Hyndburn Councillor with want to comment about the veracity of the above comment, and if its correct how many use this ruse to get an exemption
if it is i think i may throw my atheism out the window and become a muslim... could do with an extra £90 per month
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2009, 09:08   #257
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
..I think I'll try that next time some mates are around for the footy..(and before you start yes I might struggle to find 10 mates)
Na Mancie you wouldn't have any problems finding 10 United supporters where you live
Old 21-09-2009, 09:15   #258
Resting in Peace

Just an example of PC madness, it seems that the home office issued a 5 page leaflet telling people not to eat their food in front of Muslims during Ramadan as it could put to much pressure on people fasting. This leaflet has been criticised my Muslims themselves saying that stupid things like this only cause resentment between them and none Muslims and is uncalled for
Old 21-09-2009, 10:05   #259

any idea of the numbers ? any Hyndburn Councillor with want to comment about the veracity of the above comment, and if its correct how many use this ruse to get an exemption [/quote]

I know for a fact that it is true, my ex next door neighbour is one of the people who do it
Old 21-09-2009, 11:23   #260
God Member

When I was 'knocking on doors for the Social' I visited such homes on a few occasions.
The front room was furnished only with a large rug.
There was a small space between it and the skirting board which I had to walk on to reach the kitchen.
Standing on a prayer rug wearing shoes is a no no.
There were a few muslim 'priests' living in the community - only a few then - maybe more now.

What used to annoy me was how they could claim when christian priests, reverands and nuns couldn't.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 21:23   #261

What used to annoy me was how they could claim when christian priests, reverands and nuns couldn't.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly Margaret
Old 21-09-2009, 21:26   #262
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
When I was 'knocking on doors for the Social' I visited such homes on a few occasions.

What used to annoy me was how they could claim when christian priests, reverands and nuns couldn't.
thats exactly the sort of stupidity by the powers that be, that creates resentment, ordinary people can see that, yet there too stupid.
Old 22-09-2009, 06:24   #263

Enoch Powell, will be saying, you should have listened to me, now its the same old story all over the world and I supose you realise all our coments are being monitored. Free speach will be dead in 20 years and so will I.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 06:29   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Enoch Powell, will be saying, you should have listened to me, now its the same old story all over the world and I supose you realise all our coments are being monitored. Free speach will be dead in 20 years and so will I.
Didn't you know......free speech has been dead for years.......well it is for the brits
Old 22-09-2009, 08:42   #265
Resting in Peace

Re: Multicultural Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that's exactly the sort of stupidity by the powers that be, that creates resentment, ordinary people can see that, yet there too stupid.
The problem is with all this pandering by the establishment cashy is, they're to thick to see the problems they are causing for themselves, If everybody was treated the same irrespective of race or religion nobody would mind but its when they start bending over backwards for outsiders making their home here is where the problems start, and in a lot of cases these same people don't really want singling out for special treatment
Old 22-09-2009, 14:33   #266
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The problem is with all this pandering by the establishment cashy is, they're to thick to see the problems they are causing for themselves, If everybody was treated the same irrespective of race or religion nobody would mind but its when they start bending over backwards for outsiders making their home here is where the problems start, and in a lot of cases these same people don't really want singling out for special treatment
Thats what i call "Ya Nailed It In One."
Old 22-09-2009, 19:27   #267
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Immigration Canada is starting to single out more and more people for special treatment .... it's called deportation.

Whatever happened to the idea of letting people into your country on the basis of what they can give to the country, not what they can take from it
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 21:27   #268
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

That's how it should be but this is England a place where too many people just haven't got the balls to say or do what should be done. It used to be don't unpack you're going back now it's let me unpack for you and while we're at it please accept my job and my house and all my money in case I offend you, people of England you make me sick.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 21:42   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
That's how it should be but this is England a place where too many people just haven't got the balls to say or do what should be done. It used to be don't unpack you're going back now it's let me unpack for you and while we're at it please accept my job and my house and all my money in case I offend you, people of England you make me sick.
Well put Bagpuss.....couldn't have said it better myself.....Pity the powers that be can't see the woods for the trees
Old 23-09-2009, 08:51   #270
Resting in Peace

Watching the news last night I wondered what would have happened if British police had handled illegals in this country as the French did at the "Jungle" there would have been much wailing and gnashing of teeth me think

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..