Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2009, 09:02   #286
Resting in Peace

Re: Multicultural Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I honestly do believe that somewhere between "promoting hatred" and "political correctness" there lies something that, for want of a better term, can be called "common sense". Out here in the boonies, it is illegal to promote hatred of a particular group, say for example, "muslims", "jews", "gays", but freedom of speech is still alive and well ....

Question: when the Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stood on his hind legs to spout his hatred of Israel, did the Brits, like the Canadians walk out?
Somewhere between Promoting hatred and political correctness Eric no such pace in GB these days, as soon as you open your mouth your a racist, only the other day a little lad aged about 8 was playing soldiers and said to one of his playmates your a German your dead bang bang, what a commotion that caused, he was dragged before the headmaster and branded a racist, when he got home he said mum whats a racist
Old 25-09-2009, 14:15   #287
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Somewhere between Promoting hatred and political correctness Eric no such pace in GB these days, as soon as you open your mouth your a racist, only the other day a little lad aged about 8 was playing soldiers and said to one of his playmates your a German your dead bang bang, what a commotion that caused, he was dragged before the headmaster and branded a racist, when he got home he said mum whats a racist
perhaps the kid had been playing call of duty recentley
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 18:58   #288
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I remember playing on the Rec in Clayton .... If you were lucky, you got to be an English soldier .... not so lucky, German .... real down on your luck, a Jap .... English won every time, which is kinda like it was, as far as I remember .... I also remember rationing, bombed out buildings, picking up brass from .303s on the beach where men had trained for an invasion which, thankfully, never came, and broken men on the streets .... hey, I think I'm having a few politically incorrect memories
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 20:23   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I remember playing on the Rec in Clayton .... If you were lucky, you got to be an English soldier .... not so lucky, German .... real down on your luck, a Jap .... English won every time, which is kinda like it was, as far as I remember .... I also remember rationing, bombed out buildings, picking up brass from .303s on the beach where men had trained for an invasion which, thankfully, never came, and broken men on the streets .... hey, I think I'm having a few politically incorrect memories
Careful eric........there are spies everywhere
Old 25-09-2009, 20:27   #290
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
Careful eric........there are spies everywhere
One aint on at the mo. Bailed before 19:00 hrs.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 03:35   #291
God Member

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

I'm wondering if we are going backwards ....... frequent Accy web users may have noticed that I sometimes post on the video Jukebox thread ........to-night while surfing around I came to the conclusion that the 60s when the "P" word was in common usage just as a descriptive phrase there were at least 4 top ten artists who had multiple top 10 hits who could claim mixed race descent from the "sub-continent" and never was a word said against them ...I'm refering to... Cliff Richards, Eden Kane, Englebert Humperdink and Peter Sarstedt . OK maybe in the tradition of the old minstal show they "wore" white face, to make a living, but all were described at the time as being of "Anglo-Indian origin" all were born before the separation of India and Pakistan ..... haven't read anything about them being 'sell-outs to their origins" ....
maybe things were better in 30/40 years ago than they are now without all the Govt. interferance about how we should all get along .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 05:29   #292
God Member

I'll go along with what you say Steeljack.. and it's about respect for each other.. no more gollywog or nigger and such that was day to day talk (and still is in the backscrubs of Accy) times change, but ignorant donkeys don't.

Last edited by Mancie; 26-09-2009 at 05:35.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 05:55   #293
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I'll go along with what you say Steeljack.. and it's about respect for each other.. no more gollywog or nigger and such that was day to day talk (and still is in the backscrubs of Accy) times change, but ignorant Donkeys don't.

There is sadly ignorant donkeys across all sections of our diverse society, not just in the ethnic majority. Unless the re-education is to all donkeys whether in the backscrubs as you call them or the city then we will always have it. This problem will not go away unless all races, creeds, religious beliefs accept what the rest are and do not knock them for it. For us to have a society that is true to the meaning of multicultural diversity and accept what it brings and how we can all benifit ,then we are stuck in the dark ages. We cannot force them to change but encourage them to put forward what is the best in their way of life so that others in time understand them. If we dont we will have small countries within a country that will become insular even more than they are now. What will happen is that they go hell bent for leather to preserve what they have and believe to be under attack.

It will make the splitting of Henry VIII's spliting frome thr Roman church look like a kids falling out. Religion is part of it so is their way of running their daily lives and traditions. I have seen young women of ethnic minorities sticking to beliefs but also others trying to fit in as they have a more liberal view that does not break the traditional falues they hold. These people are tryin to embrace others values and should be applauded for doing so. It shows that there is a desire if only a small one at the moment to fit in. Should we start to knock this or make a mockery then we defeat what we want and let the narrow minded win. Its time to look at who they are and not what they are. The traditions they hold are cherished by them the same way we hold ours dear. Yet when we feel these things are threatened we are reactive not proactive just the same as we are. The UK manages being 4 countries in 1 without any real problems though in the past there were.

We can be a whole with all its little parts just the same as a car engine is because if you remove a needed part it ceases to work as will or culture and what we strive fore.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 26-09-2009, 06:45   #294
God Member

I actually read that Spuggie..wherever did you get it from ? what a load of bollocks..this is England.. keep to the rules we have and your culture is welcome.. you'll always get them that don't but most black people are on the same wavelenth. as for you Jocks..well you've never been any good for England so stay on yer oil rig
Old 26-09-2009, 12:12   #295
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I actually read that Spuggie..wherever did you get it from ? what a load of bollocks..this is England.. keep to the rules we have and your culture is welcome.. you'll always get them that don't but most black people are on the same wavelenth. as for you Jocks..well you've never been any good for England so stay on yer oil rig
If it was an ideal world then what i had written would be spot on but sadly we do not have an ideal world all because a minority dont like change. As for being a jock well yes n no my did is my mum isnt. And if the UK wasnt the UK you wouldnt get all that oil money Scotland would. Oh n I dont work on the rigs. Got too much commen sense for that.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 26-09-2009, 15:50   #296
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sorry mancie its not keeping to the rules we have, thats why we are in such a mess now, the new rules have ballsed things up big time.
Old 26-09-2009, 17:27   #297
Senior Member+

I have served,worked and lived in a number of countries overseas. In every single one you have to accept that you are there by invitation and you must abide by their laws and customs. Not a single one of them provides official documentation translated into a multitude of languages like England, and presumably UK does. I don't consider myself a racist but i do feel that anyone who chooses to live in UK from a foreign country should accept the English laws and customs and not expect England to change them for the immigrants. That is why after 17 years in a Muslim country my wife and I decided that we no longer wanted to live in "multi-cultural" England. Yet still. "England, for all thy faults, I love thee still."
Old 26-09-2009, 17:48   #298
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I have served,worked and lived in a number of countries overseas. In every single one you have to accept that you are there by invitation and you must abide by their laws and customs. Not a single one of them provides official documentation translated into a multitude of languages like England, and presumably UK does. I don't consider myself a racist but i do feel that anyone who chooses to live in UK from a foreign country should accept the English laws and customs and not expect England to change them for the immigrants. That is why after 17 years in a Muslim country my wife and I decided that we no longer wanted to live in "multi-cultural" England. Yet still. "England, for all thy faults, I love thee still."

hang on Barrie ..Britain nor England are muslim states..if you left England because of muslim immigrants France is chocker block with them.
Old 26-09-2009, 17:53   #299
Senior Member+

I don't think i referred to "Muslim Immigrants", i did state that I had worked in a Muslim country - Saudi Arabia to be accurate, where the only non-Muslim religious services can be held in Emabassies, and yes there are plenty in France in the larger cities - very few her in Brittany. It is not just Muslims in UK that are defiling the very culture of our country.
Old 26-09-2009, 18:13   #300
Senior Member+

in heated discussions with my friend about this subject and whatnot.... he has one good point in that like barrie was saying. About building mosques. Try and build a coe or catholic church in SA and see what happens
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..