Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2009, 21:30   #316
God Member

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I ain't blind and I know things ain't great when we've got tosspots like you..bods who call themselves English but spend all day slagging off this country...why don't you just leave England and move to Liverpool?
Ah but scouseville is part of England. or is it that you believe that only the home counties are England and the rest a back water and heathen and has such has to be ignored?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2009, 21:32   #317
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
It has always been that way throughout history though. It is easy to have a go at minorities but since the invasion by Romans and those that came before and after we have grown because we embraced what they brought eventually. So in a way we have been multicultural for thousands of years and will be for thousands more. We invaded other countries and made bargins gentlemans agreements and promises. These have been being collected for many years and will continue to be. If there is one thing we have learned is that without diversity then we will fall. To embrace change is good it just takes time if we dont then we could end up like Hitlers Germany.
I'm not having a go at Minorities, not at all, i'm just asking the question about if and when, in peoples opinions Muslims will become the majority, because in my opnion it will happen one day...however far away that day is!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 21:34   #318
God Member

Quote:
Ah but scouseville is part of England. or is it that you believe that only the home counties are England and the rest a back water and heathen and has such has to be ignored?
not at all... I only exclude Liverpool.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 21:34   #319
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I'm not having a go at Minorities, not at all, i'm just asking the question about if and when, in peoples opinions Muslims will become the majority, because in my opnion it will happen one day...however far away that day is!

Best Regards - Taggy
Then we should agree to disagree on this one point then Taggy.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 26-09-2009, 21:37   #320
God Member

Quote:
not at all... I only exclude Liverpool.
What has Liverpool done to be excluded then? It has a population a diverse as any other city.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 26-09-2009, 21:41   #321
God Member

Quote:

Best Regards - Taggy
anything is possible...but you base your theory on basic growth in the muslim population..if it were as simple as that then we would already be an Irish catholic state or Jewish... I just don't believe it will happen....more likely to be over run by the ever growing popoulation of paranoind right wing facists that have the cheek to call themselves British.

Last edited by Mancie; 26-09-2009 at 21:50.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 22:38   #322
Senior Member+

Quote:
anything is possible...but you base your theory on basic growth in the muslim population..if it were as simple as that then we would already be an Irish catholic state or Jewish... I just don't believe it will happen....more likely to be over run by the ever growing popoulation of paranoind right wing facists that have the cheek to call themselves British.
Well not really because i dont think that percentage wise there will be as many Irish Catholic or Jewish people still entering England as there are Muslims. Also from a segregation point of view too, although there used to be elements of the Jewish population, and probably still are to a degree that chose to live in their own communities, Irish catholics dont tend to isolate themselves from the rest of the community, in the way that many Muslims seem to do. Also its acceptable now in England for Muslim men to have more than one wife, this is going to have an effect too!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 27-09-2009, 02:54   #323
Senior Member+

bleh

Last edited by Restless; 27-09-2009 at 03:01. Reason: editing because this thread is bollocks.....
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 06:51   #324
God Member

So if they stopped immigration then where would they go? There are genuine cases of refugee Muslims looking for a better life and to deny them that life would be an unchristian thing to do. They arrive here to be free from what ever tyranny they faced and to earn a living not to see what they can get off the Gov. I am not saying that they all see us as a cash cow but a minority do. The way I look at it is that they have a right to live as they choose its a free country. A minority of bad apples have helped make them insular as we have labeled them the same as the aformentioned bad apples. As side question "were do you get any odds n ends or your alcohol if you run out at christmas and new year?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 27-09-2009, 08:11   #325
Senior Member+

Quote:
So if they stopped immigration then where would they go? There are genuine cases of refugee Muslims looking for a better life and to deny them that life would be an unchristian thing to do. They arrive here to be free from what ever tyranny they faced and to earn a living not to see what they can get off the Gov. I am not saying that they all see us as a cash cow but a minority do. The way I look at it is that they have a right to live as they choose its a free country. A minority of bad apples have helped make them insular as we have labeled them the same as the aformentioned bad apples. As side question "were do you get any odds n ends or your alcohol if you run out at christmas and new year?
I'm sorry but the vast majority of immigrants to this country are not facing any form of Tyranny, they are purely coming for a better life than exists in their own Countries. I'm not saying immigration should be stopped, but that there should be strict criteria governing it! Genuine refugees Yes, for the rest it should be via a points scoring system based on what skills they offer, and what skills we as a Country need at a given time. I dont see that its a minority of Bad Apples that is making them feel insular either, of course this never helps, the vast Majority of Muslims choose to live amongst their own communities, and only truelly mix with others on a minority of occasions when they have little choice. In social situations they very rarely integrate either, i cant recall seeing many Muslims in our Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs, they dont even use the major supermarkets in great numbers, prefering to use their own outlets and suppliers.

So one of the points i'm trying to make is that when a group of people who do not want to mix and integrate, grow so large as to be able to potentially dominate areas or indeed a Country, what happens then. Do you think under these circumstances that we would see Muslims as being tolerant, would Islam be a religeon that tolerates others. The impression i get is that Islamic Nations do not tend to embrace other religeons within their Countries to the degree that we embrace others in this Country. It would be interesting to see if Islam if it becomes dominant would preach the doctrine of Multiculturalism. As for bits and bobs over xmas and new year, i find these days, the supermarkets only close for a day or two at the most, ive never needed to buy anything on Christmas day yet, i'm 52 now, so ive managed quite well!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 27-09-2009, 08:20   #326

Quote:

Best Regards - Taggy

Believe me if things don't change, and soon..........we will be the minority a lot sooner than most people think
Old 27-09-2009, 08:34   #327
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
So if they stopped immigration then where would they go? There are genuine cases of refugee Muslims looking for a better life and to deny them that life would be an unchristian thing to do. They arrive here to be free from what ever tyranny they faced
I am not Christian so I don't need to do the Christian thing.

Why don't they stay and stand up to the tyranny they oppose instead of running away and expect our boys to go over and die opposing it for them?
Old 27-09-2009, 08:37   #328
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I'm sorry but the vast majority of immigrants to this country are not facing any form of Tyranny, they are purely coming for a better life than exists in their own Countries. I'm not saying immigration should be stopped, but that there should be strict criteria governing it!
I agree 100%. We should follow similar rules that the Australians use and only allow people into this Country that we need.
Old 27-09-2009, 08:40   #329
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I agree 100%. We should follow similar rules that the Australians use and only allow people into this Country that we need.
same in canada, it should be what they can offer the country.NOT what the country offers them. are people numb or what?
Old 27-09-2009, 09:32   #330
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
same in canada, it should be what they can offer the country.NOT what the country offers them. are people numb or what?
Think that sums it up cashy, if you go to say Canada or Australia you have to prove your not going to be a burden on the state. If you want to live in the States you have to be sponsored by an American citizen, before they will consider you

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..