Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2009, 17:13   #331
Full Member+

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

11-years old? Hmmmmm, Manky! Those were indeed the days.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2009, 18:46   #332
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I am not Christian so I don't need to do the Christian thing.

Why don't they stay and stand up to the tyranny they oppose instead of running away and expect our boys to go over and die opposing it for them?

Maybe they dont stand up the same way as those surrounded and frightened at the time of the Spanish Inquisition. The fear of what is around them must make it hard for them. The few that push forward tyranny whether with rants bullets or bombs seem to be ones with a hell of a lot of influence on the community. Unless these people are removed and more stopped from entering the country we are stuck with it. Ok Australia has its own ideas but we have are hands tied by rules regs and laws from a bunch of Europrats in Brussels. As a country we are not allowed to change anything without asking the Euro godfathers if we can.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 20:09   #333
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Why don't they stay and stand up to the tyranny they oppose instead of running away and expect our boys to go over and die opposing it for them?
Seems to me most of the "refugees" are mostly young guys of military service age , so why are they not enroling into "overseas militias" much like the Poles/French/Dutch and others did in 39. Then after basic training they can go back and support the coalition forces. I'm sure the US/British military would be more than happy to supply training personnel . I'm sure after all these wasted years we have enough Phasto/Dari speakers amongst our veterans who would be glad of the chance to train these guys .
Probably the only objections would come from the corrupt Govt. in Kabul , would they really want indigenous 'western' trained troops keeping an eye on things .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 21:36   #334
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Seems to me most of the "refugees" are mostly young guys of military service age , so why are they not enroling into "overseas militias" much like the Poles/French/Dutch and others did in 39. Then after basic training they can go back and support the coalition forces. I'm sure the US/British military would be more than happy to supply training personnel . I'm sure after all these wasted years we have enough Phasto/Dari speakers amongst our veterans who would be glad of the chance to train these guys .
Probably the only objections would come from the corrupt Govt. in Kabul , would they really want indigenous 'western' trained troops keeping an eye on things .
That is the most interesting idea I have read yet.
Let them in under segregation. train them, feed them and send them back.
As a young soldier in the sixties I was taught to respect discipline, respect my elders and first and foremost don't trust the enemy.
Veterans have been discarded and ignored for many years, who could and should be involved in training, on pay,to teach the arrogant young of these asylum seekers and the like.
I am not making reference to the likes of me,I am passed it, but still know right from wrong.
We don't want blowing up on our streets and I am sure they don't want the same fate for them or their families.
The Governments of Afghanistan and Pakistan should really take this on board
Luckily as a UK citizen I can travel most of the World without hindrance.
When this situation is resolved, maybe, only maybe, will the world accept all communities as equals.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 06:57   #335
Senior Member+

Having done a contract in Pakistan a couple of years ago - Lahore and Mirpur, I can understand why so many of them want to come to UK - engineering/construction labourers were paid the equivalent of £7 for a 6 day week - food was provided and they found somewhere to sleep on the job site. I suggest that the great majority of would be immigrants, legal or illegal, are for purely financial reasons, and to get away from the slum conditions in which most of them live.
Old 30-09-2009, 21:28   #336
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Having done a contract in Pakistan a couple of years ago - Lahore and Mirpur, I can understand why so many of them want to come to UK - engineering/construction labourers were paid the equivalent of £7 for a 6 day week - food was provided and they found somewhere to sleep on the job site. I suggest that the great majority of would be immigrants, legal or illegal, are for purely financial reasons, and to get away from the slum conditions in which most of them live.
So that's why they're turning this place into a slum! To make them feel at home!
Old 30-09-2009, 23:44   #337
Senior Member+

Was already a slum... just degenerated with not much help from a council thatlikes to spend taxpayers money seemingly by digging up roads and putting them back not looking all that different
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 00:00   #338
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
That seems like a realistic scenario... facts are that it is not Pakistani or Indians that are the main influx of immirgrants these days.. it is the Polish and other new members to the EU... the only influx you could call muslim are from bosnia and romania.
I would ask those that say we are heading toward a "Muslim State" what action they would take right now to avoid this?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:41   #339
Senior Member+

Sorry Mancie, not intending to nit-pick. "immigrant: a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country" - OED
Therefore to my mind, anyone permanently residing here who was born a national of a foreign country will always remain an immigrant.
Old 02-10-2009, 19:31   #340

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
In the light of recent events where a fanatical bunch of no-marks have barracked our troops during a welcome home parade at Luton, is it not time that we re-evaluated our supposedly tolerant approach to the policies of multicultereralism that recent governments have hammered us with.
In answer to the original posters question

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Manchester | £10,000 payout for turban row Pc

Too right we need a re-evaluation, we need a major change to the anti-discrimination laws, our money is being wasted on these kinds of payouts.

Good grief!, panic attacks and palpitations for being told to take your 'hat' off, what would he be like after a normal saturday night in city centre Manchester
Old 03-10-2009, 09:15   #341
Resting in Peace

Re: Multicultural Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

Too right we need a re-evaluation, we need a major change to the anti-discrimination laws, our money is being wasted on these kinds of payouts.

Good grief!, panic attacks and palpitations for being told to take your 'hat' off, what would he be like after a normal saturday night in city centre Manchester
I agree with you to a point Guinness, but would it not have been an Idea if, when this chap was going through the initial selection before training started, that somebody have had a word in his shell like and told him that in certain situations he may need to take of his turban in order to use the correct head gear for that situation. The ball would then have been is his court as to whether he went ahead and joined the police or decided not to bother
Old 03-10-2009, 09:19   #342
Resting in Peace

Re: Multicultural Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I agree with you to a point Guinness, but would it not have been an Idea if, when this chap was going through the initial selection before training started, that somebody have had a word in his shell like and told him that in certain situations he may need to take of his turban in order to use the correct head gear for that situation. The ball would then have been is his court as to whether he went ahead and joined the police or decided not to bother
Having just thought about my last statement, not doubt if somebody had said that, they would then have been accused of being racists, which means your damned if you do and damned if you don't, or in other words your snookered firmly behind the err umm "8 Ball"
Old 03-10-2009, 14:43   #343
Senior Member+

i remember that in the RAF during the '60s certainly, that Sikhs were allowed to wear a pale blue turban with the RSAF Cap badge affixed to the front instead of regulation headgear. I also seem to remember some dispensation for them when crash helmets were made compulsory for motor cyclists - whenever that was.
Old 03-10-2009, 14:44   #344
Senior Member+

Sorry RSAF = RAF
Old 03-10-2009, 19:10   #345
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

If the implications weren't so damned ridiculous, it would be laughable.

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..