Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 07:20   #361
God Member

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Certainly didn't offened me.

An excellent post.

The media love the idea of having a new scapegoat, and for the past couple of years it's been Islam, even though the majority of British Muslims are peace loving, hardworking citizens.

We certainly didn't brand all Catholics as potential terrorists, when for decades we were attacked by a tiny minority of people.

Until a decade ago the most famous Muslim in the world wasn't Bin Laden, it was someone who always tops the polls of the most popular sportsman of all time, Mohammed Ali.
good post.. and maybe it's worth remembering that when Ali or the then Casius Clay was in his youth black people could not even sit on the same bus as American whites because they were deemed as inferior, and that would make anyone rebel against so called Christian American Bull**** of Rights.. we are only talking 50yrs ago ..seems strange to us but it is a fact... even stranger is that some members on this site today still hold this predjudice.

Last edited by Mancie; 06-10-2009 at 07:24.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2009, 17:45   #362
Full Member+

Re: Multicultural Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
this thread,started by Stumped was questioning "multi-culture" but has once again boiled down to skin colour...and even degrading the music and artist that are black.. how are we all supposed to live in this world when you regard awards for music or most everyday stuff as a threat..?..seems to me the problem Stumped has.... is not culture.. but colour!
You couldn't be more wrong, Manky, but you are entitled to your opinion, as am I. Colour has sod all to do with it. Any thoughts of prejudice seem to lie within your own conscience. My main musical interest is classically orientated, hence my inability to appreciate the modern propensity towards 'rap'. Hogey Carr Michael, Nat King Cole and Ella Fitzgerald were matchless performers of their generation, and long may it remain so.

I feel that I may be wasting my words as you seem to relish confrontation on any front, but you are backing the wrong horse on this one. Regards, etc . . .
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 21:33   #363
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Hi

This discussion appears to have come to an end. My post was meant to stimulate more discussions and thoughts from our virtual community on this site.

Please do not stop the discussions/posts.

We need to keep topics like this live in order to understand each other, then maybe we can become truely a Multi-cultural hyndburn at least.
Certain subscribers are intent upon turning this debate into a war of words. It was never my intention to conduct the discussion on the basis of colour alone, and those of you who are under this misaprehension are fundamentally wrong. My argument lies with the surrendering of our indigenous way of life in the face of overwhelming immigration, to the apparent detriment of this nation's wellbeing. I am happy to continue contributing to the exchanges in a civilised manner, but take umbrage when things are put on a personal basis by those who I thought would have known better.

No offence is intended on my part, nor will be it ever be.
Old 06-10-2009, 22:16   #364
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Certain subscribers are intent upon turning this debate into a war of words. It was never my intention to conduct the discussion on the basis of colour alone, and those of you who are under this misaprehension are fundamentally wrong. My argument lies with the surrendering of our indigenous way of life in the face of overwhelming immigration, to the apparent detriment of this nation's wellbeing. I am happy to continue contributing to the exchanges in a civilised manner, but take umbrage when things are put on a personal basis by those who I thought would have known better.

No offence is intended on my part, nor will be it ever be.
I get your point ... and I agree with it.

Hasn't anyone noticed that there was a great deal of multi-culturalism in Britain before immigration from overseas started? I personally, and as an outsider, don't believe that the new Multi-culturalism is right for Britain .... there is nothing wrong with controlling immigration ... hell, we are a nation of immigrants and we control who comes here. As the Americans say: "America: if your heart isn't in it, get your ass out of it." You guys should apply that kind of thinking to Britain.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 22:49   #365
Give, give, give member

Quote:
...our indigenous way of life
Which of the many people's who came to these islands, are you referring to?

There was very little indigenous life here of ay kind, when mankind first evolved in east Africa, and some eventually migrated here, from differing directions.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 17:31   #366
Full Member+

Quote:

There was very little indigenous life here of ay kind, when mankind first evolved in east Africa, and some eventually migrated here, from differing directions.
I was born in the midst of WW1, so I suppose I will always align my views with the generation that I grew up and identify with.

Last edited by Stumped; 07-10-2009 at 17:34.
Old 07-10-2009, 17:54   #367
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I suppose I will always align my views with the generation that I grew up and identify with.
Amongst the descendents of the migrants who came to Lancashire from many different places, and countries, to work in the industrialised mills, and who increased the counties population by a hundred-fold?

Old 07-10-2009, 18:19   #368
Full Member+

Quote:
Amongst the descendents of the migrants who came to Lancashire from many different places, and countries, to work in the industrialised mills, and who increased the counties population by a hundred-fold?
Pardon my misprint error, I should've said WW2 - 1941 to be exact. Indeed my mother, sister and aunts worked in the cotton mills, but it was only in the 1960's that the Asian influx gained prominence, indeed two of my dearest friends are of Pakistani descent, being the sons of men who worked alongside my late mother in Higham's Mill at Great Harwood.
Old 07-10-2009, 22:52   #369
God Member

Quote:

Why not take the arrgument back to the Big Bang, to a causal singularity at the start of time (t=0) .... you know what he is talking about, as do most others in this forum .... and it has little to do with what Lucy and her friends were doing in East Africa. This taking the road of infinite regression adds nothing to the argument of what is happening in Britain now ....
Old 07-10-2009, 23:03   #370
God Member

Re: Multicultural Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
The sooner the better as the crap churned out by the black rap groups is absolutely bloody awful and a gross misrepresentation of what is perceived by normal people as 'music'.
I'll say it again... this statement is aimed at colour.. nothing to do with culture..unless you see anyone not white as having a different culture than your own and therefore a threat ?
Old 07-10-2009, 23:06   #371
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Why not take the arrgument back to the Big Bang, to a causal singularity at the start of time (t=0) .... you know what he is talking about, as do most others in this forum .... and it has little to do with what Lucy and her friends were doing in East Africa. This taking the road of infinite regression adds nothing to the argument of what is happening in Britain now ....
Well why don't people stop beating about the bush then, and say their problem is with non-white migrants, instead of the many who came to the county for work from Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and even eastern Europe?

The point that mankind is migratory being is a fair one. It's happened since we started to walk, and will carry on until we can't.

If people are prejudiced against people because of the colour of their skin, that's their problem. No need to keep harping back to days that were as simple as a pre-war Gracie Field's film, when the only darkie was the cheeky sweep, and nigger was the colour of the oil cloth on the kitchen table.

Last edited by garinda; 07-10-2009 at 23:09.
Old 07-10-2009, 23:42   #372
God Member

Quote:
Well why don't people stop beating about the bush then, and say their problem is with non-white migrants, instead of the many who came to the county for work from Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and even eastern Europe?

The point that mankind is migratory being is a fair one. It's happened since we started to walk, and will carry on until we can't.

If people are prejudiced against people because of the colour of their skin, that's their problem. No need to keep harping back to days that were as simple as a pre-war Gracie Field's film, when the only darkie was the cheeky sweep, and nigger was the colour of the oil cloth on the kitchen table.
Mankind may indeed be migratory; but he is also territorial ... and it is common in history, as you probably quite well know, that migration and territoriality clash. And that seems to be what is happening in Britain now.
Old 08-10-2009, 00:04   #373
Give, give, give member

Quote:
...territoriality clash. And that seems to be what is happening in Britain now.
Territorial clash?

Not that I've seen in the last five years here in Hyndburn, or in the seventeen years before that, that I lived in London.

I do think the majority of people are sick and tired of the way offical wooly liberalism panders to those who weren't born here, instead of encouraging people to integrate. Something we British aren't too good at, when we move over seas ourselves. Happy to exisit in Little England ghettos.

Old 08-10-2009, 00:05   #374
God Member

Quote:
Mankind may indeed be migratory; but he is also territorial ... and it is common in history, as you probably quite well know, that migration and territoriality clash. And that seems to be what is happening in Britain now.
there's no denying that Eric.. but this thread was started asking if multiculteral Britian was possible...my answer is that it has to be possible or what does this country turn into?..there are very few nations or countries that have only one culture and in my opinion they are fascist states..Iran and China spring to mind.

Last edited by Mancie; 08-10-2009 at 00:08.
Old 08-10-2009, 00:07   #375
Give, give, give member

I take it your not sat typing dressed in First Nation traditional dress?

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..