Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2009, 17:40   #391
Full Member+

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
To avoid all the pedantry and nonsensical colour discrimination accusations, perhaps in future this kind of post should read :-

In the variable spectrum of recent events, long after the birth of mankind, whence a throng of individuals that long ago broke away from their hereditary east african culture and founded a new culture, travelled as a small group, who, seemingly unhappy with their own culture and values, settled amidst another culture. In time they did express that they disagreed most vehemently with many aspects of the new found culture.

(Notwithstanding the fact that this new found culture also began as a breakaway group from the self same hereditary east african culture, which also consisted of a throng of individuals that long ago broke away from their hereditary east african culture and after various battles and wars, became civilised and founded a new culture that they were happy with.)

This disagreement was expressed by verbal abuse, flag burning, bottle throwing and the like against the returning heroic warriors of the new found culture. These dissenters were then protected from the wrath of the families of warriors who would not be returning home by the guardians of the new found culture, who had sworn to uphold the culture of which they were dissenting against.

Is it not time that the new found culture re-evaluated its policies in tolerating this kind of cultural dissent?
Sounds good to me. Maybe in a tit for tat sort of way - and in the wake of the British Raj' campaign in India - we are headed for an Indian Raj' in the UK! Mancie would certainly qualify for the post of punka-wallah!
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-10-2009, 23:29   #392

i think its gone well to far I dont think they realized they breed like rabbits before they started letting them in i think they are responsible for most of the drugs that come into this country and most of the fraud

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 08:38   #393
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Sounds good to me. Maybe in a tit for tat sort of way - and in the wake of the British Raj' campaign in India - we are headed for an Indian Raj' in the UK! Mancie would certainly qualify for the post of punka-wallah!
Ya Stumped, but Mancie's our punka-wallah
Old 14-10-2009, 18:42   #394
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
i think its gone well to far I dont think they realized they breed like rabbits before they started letting them in i think they are responsible for most of the drugs that come into this country and most of the fraud
And probably for the no smoking ban, the bad weather, England's failure to beat the Ukraine, and the drop in quality of meat pies ....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 19:02   #395
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And probably for the no smoking ban, the bad weather, England's failure to beat the Ukraine, and the drop in quality of meat pies ....
I like your way of thinking Eric.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 19:57   #396

Angry Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Is there a point at which multiculteralism should be deemed to be heading too far.? Its been reported that 1 in 7 primary school pupils have English as a second language. In some areas English is a foreign language to over 70% of 4-11 year olds. Ten schools are without a single pupil who has English as a first language. In 4 years the number of primary school children who dont have English as their first language has increased by 25% and one school has pupils with 56 different languages!. This is as things stand now...or rather last year, so surely if nothing is done to drastically curtail immigration, then this situation can only get much worse. This surely must greatly effect the standard of education that children are receiving in this country, when so much resource has to be put basic english language skills. Apparently £206 million funding is being put into increasing the "Ethnic minority achievement grant" by 2010.

Surely if things are allowed to carry on at this rate, we as a country are going to lose our national identity, can that be right? WE've always been a very patriotic country, proud of our national heritage and common values. This must be being eroded by the level of multiculteralism to which we are surely heading, if more control is not taken over immigration. Its obviously right and beneficial to have a certain ammount of diversity, and integration of others cultures into our society, but i dont feel this should be allowed to grow to a level that it puts our own National Identity at risk. One of the benefits of travel, is to see other nationalities and cultures, a lot can be enjoyed and learned by seeing other lands and how people live there. However, its still usually nice to return home, and be among people of your own upbriging with whom you share common values. Britain is i think in danger of feeling less like home, and more just a nation of disparate groups sharing a chunk of earth. Australia, another island nation, has set and indeed now reduced the level of imigrants its going to take, particularily in the current ecconomic climate. I really feel we need to do the same.

If things carry on in the way that they are, rather than us having to debate possible Street name changes in Hyndburn, our Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren may be talking about changing the name of the Country!

Best Regards - Taggy
I live in Montreal, a french province, if you come to live in this province you are automatically sent to a french school, unless one of your parents went to an english school here in Canada. All immigrants go to french school, you have no choice but to learn the language.

This was all started by the Parti Quebecois government which won in 1977, I was lucky because I came to Canada in 1974 so I could send my daughter to English school with no problem. She is fluently bilingual.

What I hear and see about whats going on in England, I feel very sad.
Doesn't this "government" realize what they are doing.
joaner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 20:37   #397
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
don't understand your post armani.. plenty of "they" but can you be more specific and say who you mean by "they" ?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 22:29   #398
Senior Member+

Quote:
lol... did meat pies ever have any quality?
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 01:25   #399
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
lol... did meat pies ever have any quality?
Only the ones you could buy in the bottom end of Clayton
Old 15-10-2009, 01:31   #400
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaner3 View Post
I live in Montreal, a french province, if you come to live in this province you are automatically sent to a french school, unless one of your parents went to an english school here in Canada. All immigrants go to french school, you have no choice but to learn the language.

This was all started by the Parti Quebecois government which won in 1977, I was lucky because I came to Canada in 1974 so I could send my daughter to English school with no problem. She is fluently bilingual.

What I hear and see about whats going on in England, I feel very sad.
Doesn't this "government" realize what they are doing.
Agree 100%

And if Quebec ever separates, I hope they take Toronto.
Old 15-10-2009, 06:50   #401
Senior Member+

Quote:
Only the ones you could buy in the bottom end of Clayton
haha. Those clayton park 'steak and pepper' pies are the best pies out there
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 09:25   #402
Resting in Peace

Quote:
haha. Those clayton park 'steak and pepper' pies are the best pies out there
They'll hve to be good to be better than Martins in Ossy
Old 15-10-2009, 11:53   #403
God Member

The last Hollands pie I ate (and I won't be eating any more)
contained a piece of pale yellow 'tube' about 1cm long and 1/2cm wide.
I concluded that this most likely some sort of unusual offal not normally eaten

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 12:44   #404
Senior Member+

mmmmmmMMM are you telling me margaret you dont like pale yellow tube pies?

jaysay, i haven't tried martin's pies
Old 15-10-2009, 15:40   #405
Resting in Peace

Quote:
mmmmmmMMM are you telling me margaret you dont like pale yellow tube pies?

jaysay, i haven't tried martin's pies
You don't know what your missing Restless

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..