Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2009, 12:06   #421
God Member

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post

had quite a few of these in my youth..
Would they be those mushroom pies made from the crop harvested near Belthorn by the Hippie Convoy in the 70s?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2009, 12:07   #422
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Would they be those mushroom pies made from the crop harvested near Belthorn by the Hippie Convoy in the 70s?
well since i was born in 1978 i doubt it.

They were crammed full of cannabis. Lots of it hehe. I don't touch cannabis anymore, makes me paranoid

Since we have somehow turned this into a drugs subject hehe. Both times i had mushrooms, we got them from st christophers school field, the one at the far back. I think perhaps this opened my mind to not being a racist person filled with hate.
Or its perhaps when i fallen over as a child and landed in a mixture of glass and snow and cut my hand badly. Blood was everywhere and i was really young and crying. A pakistani guy found me, helped my from the ground and carried me home

Last edited by Restless; 16-10-2009 at 12:11.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 12:11   #423
God Member

Quote:
well since i was born in 1978 i doubt it.

They were crammed full of cannabis. Lots of it hehe. I don't touch cannabis anymore, makes me paranoid
I once had a small bag of mushrooms stored in my freezer for a friend.
They aren't illegal until they are processed (dried)
.....didn't have the guts to ask to sample them - life is surreal enough without adding to it

Old 16-10-2009, 12:14   #424
Senior Member+

you know margaret bill hicks once said in his comedy act...

Three weeks ago two of my friends and I went to a ranch in Fredericksburg, Texas, and took what Terence McKenna calls "a heroic dose." Five dried grams. Let me tell you, our third eye was squeegeed quite cleanly. Wow! And I'm glad they're against the law, 'cause you know what happened when I took 'em? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours, going "My God, I love everything." The heavens parted, God looked down and rained gifts of forgiveness onto my being, healing me on every level, psychically, physically, emotionally. And I realized our true nature is spirit, not body, that we are eternal beings, and God's love is unconditional 'n' there's nothing we can ever do to change that. It is only our illusion that we are separate from God, or that we are alone. In fact the reality is we are one with God and He loves us. Now, if that isn't a hazard to this country..

some people will probally think this belongs in life's topic. Perhaps we can get this topic moved to anything goes where it belongs

Quote:
I once had a small bag of mushrooms stored in my freezer for a friend.
They aren't illegal until they are processed (dried)
.....didn't have the guts to ask to sample them - life is surreal enough without adding to it
Old 16-10-2009, 12:19   #425
God Member

I am trying to achieve that without 'rooms - will let you know if I make it

Old 16-10-2009, 12:20   #426
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
just having fun bagpuss....

edit: i don't mean to be offensive towards you bagpuss. if you are not a racist and you are just against mass immigration. Thats ok. But you're comments are too blunt. and some comments from people just come across as being racist, and I am a bad judgement of telling the difference....
Please feel free to be offensive towards me because some members do see me as a racist so I must be

I am willing but not enthusiastic to accept a multicultural Britain in a small way but what is happening at the moment is an invasion by eastern Europeans who are taking over our homes, jobs, schools ect ect. This cannot be allowed to continue the doors have to be closed now.

Then we are being attacked by the muslims, I accept that it's not all muslims, who want to impose their laws onto us, again this must not be allowed to happen, this march in London at the end of October should not be allowed to take place, we are too soft in this country and recent posts in this thread show what I'm talking about.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 12:21   #427
Senior Member+

Quote:
I am trying to achieve that without 'rooms - will let you know if I make it
yes hehe. I thought with your beliefs that you may of had plenty of them.. why i posted it just kiddin
Old 16-10-2009, 12:25   #428
God Member

Quote:
yes hehe. I thought with your beliefs that you may of had plenty of them.. why i posted it just kiddin
The human conciousness can do it without using 2 dimentional vegetable matter
Now that is surreal too - maybe I should ration how much I say in any day

Old 16-10-2009, 12:28   #429
God Member

The way I see it, we have laws here that have been adequate for centuries. Why do we need sharia law? We don't but slowly but surely it is being introduced into this country. We don't need sharia law but tough we are getting it.
Old 16-10-2009, 12:36   #430
Senior Member+

No chance that we will have sharia law thatwill happen only if england became a muslim state, which will never happen. Perhapas a modified version intergrated with english laws to give muslims religious freedom that doesn't inflict on freedom's of non muslims... if that makes sense

First people you would have to feel sorry for is homosexuals, since from what i have heard of sharia law its not allowed and in muslim countries the result is the death penalty
Old 16-10-2009, 12:41   #431
God Member

But why do we need any sharia law? Our laws have been adequate for yonks so why do we need to integrate them with any other laws?
Old 16-10-2009, 12:43   #432
Senior Member+

we dont need it, nor do i want it. i was just summonsing on it appearing as law in this country

I don't want to study it a lot to give you a better answer. But there are probally parts of it that are harmless. Where as other parts are harsh and impossible to implement on people that do not believe that islam is the path to spirtual enlightenment etc

Last edited by Restless; 16-10-2009 at 12:46.
Old 16-10-2009, 12:50   #433
God Member

You and I might not need it or want it but you can bet your last penny we are getting it. It is also not good news for muslim women IMO, where they have some protection with the laws of this country they will have none with sharia law. If you went to live in another country that had different laws than the ones you found acceptable would you expect that country to allow you to integrate laws you wanted? And would it be allowed? I think not!!!
Old 16-10-2009, 12:54   #434
Senior Member+

of course not hehe. I doubt they would even let you build any kind of church other than mosques in their country

Sharia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

read this and imagine all of this being implemented in this country. Never going to happen.
But some parts like for instance. The wearing of veils. Religious dress etc. Perhaps

As for me a law that bans all religion wouldn't necessarily be a bad one...but then again there are still too many of non muslim religious people in the country too

Last edited by Restless; 16-10-2009 at 12:58.
Old 16-10-2009, 13:31   #435
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Perhaps a modified version intergrated with english laws to give muslims religious freedom that doesn't inflict on freedom's of non muslims... if that makes sense
Utter utter crap, you keep saying "it will never happen then" then you feel easy to post the above, I hope there's not a lot like you or it will be here before we know then what will you do?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..