Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2009, 07:21   #466
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I for one certainly do not blame this government for the number of immigrants but would dearly love to see one of the parties stand up and say "enough is enough", after all we are but a small island yet everybody seems to want to come and live here. Surely there is a limit to how many people one small island can welcome?
Of course it is there fault. They are doing very little to stop the illegal ones and have done nothing to stop the flow of Europeans (mainly eastern) that are causing us problems.

You must of seen the TV border patrol type programs on TV. If they can't prove a suspected person is illegal then they can't kick them out. They try and find the persons passport to prove who they are. Without it they let them go.

This is wrong. We should all have ID cards proving we are allowed to be here. If a person does not have one then they should be detained and treated as illegal until they can prove who they are.
Old 24-10-2009, 09:01   #467
Give, give, give member

I recently watched a reconstruction of the Morecambe Bay cockle pickers tragedy, which illustrated this country's lax attitude to illegal immigrants.

The lucky survivors were found to be here illegally, and were going to be used as witnesses in court, to help prosecute those that employed and brought them here to work.

They were held at an unsecured detention centre...and they all ran off.

Never to be seen again.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 18:25   #468
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I for one certainly do not blame this government for the number of immigrants but would dearly love to see one of the parties stand up and say "enough is enough", after all we are but a small island yet everybody seems to want to come and live here. Surely there is a limit to how many people one small island can welcome?
This crossed my mind too ... question is: do you really need more immigrants? We do, but only in specific areas: health care and skilled trades come to mind. Employment is up in Canada; construction and infrastructure projects are healthy. But do you guys need more bodies over there? I think I'll take a look at how Australia and New Zealand deal with immigrants. Maybe they are like us: if we need you, welcome; if we don't, have a nice day. Those of us who are lucky enough to be citiizens have first dibs on the national wealth.

Oh, and just in case any think that we lack generosity and compassion, take a look at our record in foreign aid and emergency aid.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:12   #469
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Seems to me most of the "refugees" are mostly young guys of military service age , so why are they not enroling into "overseas militias" much like the Poles/French/Dutch and others did in 39. Then after basic training they can go back and support the coalition forces. I'm sure the US/British military would be more than happy to supply training personnel . I'm sure after all these wasted years we have enough Phasto/Dari speakers amongst our veterans who would be glad of the chance to train these guys .
Probably the only objections would come from the corrupt Govt. in Kabul , would they really want indigenous 'western' trained troops keeping an eye on things .
In light of recent events, the post I wrote (above) was wrong , seems the guy responsible had been a member of the Afghani police for some time and had spent a considerable time serving with the British forces all the time being a member of the taliban , now the question is how many other taliban are working alongside coalition troops and how can coalition troops be expected to work in an atmosphere where they don't know who is a friend or foe . Seems to me its time to pull out and glass the place over and turn it into one giant solar panel
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 00:51   #470
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
In light of recent events, the post I wrote (above) was wrong , seems the guy responsible had been a member of the Afghani police for some time and had spent a considerable time serving with the British forces all the time being a member of the taliban , now the question is how many other taliban are working alongside coalition troops and how can coalition troops be expected to work in an atmosphere where they don't know who is a friend or foe . Seems to me its time to pull out and glass the place over and turn it into one giant solar panel
Agree ... it's time to pull out ... if the Afghanis can't sort out their own problems, I can't see how it is possible that we ("we" being the US, UK, and Canada as the only ones doing any of the scrapping over there, with the French, Germans etc. sitting in the bleachers) can do it for them.

By the way, are you suggesting the quick way of glassing it over?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..