Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2009, 19:09   #61
God Member

Re: This should never be allowed in the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Gotcha with that one Gayle didn't he
No, he hasn't! It's two different issues. And on the second issue I've said, I would probably agree.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2009, 19:13   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
No, he hasn't! It's two different issues. And on the second issue I've said, I would probably agree.
No intention to point score.....all comes under the banner of the thread title.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 19:23   #63
Resting in Peace

I just think we cannot go back in history and look how we British behaved then .. 'tis what it is in the present, and the law is the law in my opinion ... nowt to do with souls ascending to heaven. Would open the floodgates to all types of ceremonies.

I believe in re-cycling, so in my religion of green, I would like my body to be hung on the trees of Northumberland, so that our bird population can pick my juicy bits to keep the food chain going and my contribution to Mother Earth, so that I can be reborn in the Cycle of Life! ... I know, daft, but that is the way it could go.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 19:27   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I just think we cannot go back in history and look how we British behaved then .. 'tis what it is in the present, and the law is the law in my opinion ... nowt to do with souls ascending to heaven. Would open the floodgates to all types of ceremonies.

I believe in re-cycling, so in my religion of green, I would like my body to be hung on the trees of Northumberland, so that our bird population can pick my juicy bits to keep the food chain going and my contribution to Mother Earth, so that I can be reborn in the Cycle of Life! ... I know, daft, but that is the way it could go.
I think Lancashire birds would benefit from your tit bits Kate...Why Northumberland.?

Old 08-05-2009, 19:29   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I think Lancashire birds would benefit from your tit bits Kate...Why Northumberland.?
'Cause that is where they were asking for the site for the pyres.

Was that a compliment ? .. LOL.
Old 08-05-2009, 19:32   #66
God Member

Quote:
'Cause that is where they were asking for the site for the pyres.

Was that a compliment ? .. LOL.
Owd on a bit..............I think probably yes.

Old 08-05-2009, 19:43   #67
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I am sure a few Lancashire blokes would benefit from nibbling Kates tit bits as well
Old 08-05-2009, 22:23   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Heading up that way next week If you want a lift.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 23:00   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
You may have lived in Spain but did you live life exactly like a Spaniard. Did you eat Paella every night, did you go to Catholic Mass every week, did you speak Spanish day in day out?

I'm not saying you should have to do those things just because you were in Spain, btw. What I'm saying is that everyone is capable of holding on to their own identity and their own culture wherever they live in the world. Just because one person wishes to uphold his culture doesn't dilute anybody elses culture or beliefs.
unusual fer you to talk crap but ya have managed it this time.
Old 08-05-2009, 23:04   #70

Thumbs down Re: This should never be allowed in the UK

Quote:

Like you Katex I also believe in recycling and have always thought it would be better to let nature takes its course. Many many years ago I looked into this possibilty and was told in no uncertain terms that I could not have the type of funeral I would like. As I'm not religous, all I can have is the most environmentally friendly available funeral. Not a happy bunny.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 23:22   #71
God Member

Quote:
Your first part I won't even dignify with an answer.
This is not about tolerance at all, I have no problem with people coming to live here, never have had never will, however, what I do have a problem with is we are being treated like second class citizens in our own country, we haven't to mention Christmas, its now Winter Festival, must upset other religions, Easter, well that was crossed of the Calendar a long time ago, kids can't have piggy banks, and as for golliwogs, God forbid.
Come here live your lives follow your religion, but within the laws of the land and without predigest to the indigenous population is not much to ask really
some of your post is total rubbish...tell me what law or regulation says we can't mention Christmas and have to call it "winter festival" ?...since when was Easter banned?... like Shakermaker I'm wondering what sort of fantasy land you live in!
As for people being allowed to have funeral pyres it is against the law of this land and unless the law is changed then courts have no other option but to enforce the law.... I would not have any problem with pyres if a siutable location could be found and designated for such funerals so long as that the maintainace and costs for the place was met by those who wish to use them.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 23:45   #72
Resting in Peace

Just musing here .. would the Fire Brigade have to attend for Health and Safety like ?
Old 09-05-2009, 07:07   #73

That would never happen Mancie, a way would be found for the council tax payers to pay

Last edited by LYNX1; 09-05-2009 at 07:10. Reason: not relavent
LYNX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:58   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
some of your post is total rubbish...tell me what law or regulation says we can't mention Christmas and have to call it "winter festival" ?...since when was Easter banned?... like Shakermaker I'm wondering what sort of fantasy land you live in!
As for people being allowed to have funeral pyres it is against the law of this land and unless the law is changed then courts have no other option but to enforce the law.... I would not have any problem with pyres if a siutable location could be found and designated for such funerals so long as that the maintainace and costs for the place was met by those who wish to use them.
Your only problem is you look at everything though either an alcoholic haze or a pair of red tinted glasses Mancie, whichever is your mood at the time. How many left wing council celibate very religious festival going except Christian, think you'll find a hell of a lot, which is quite often highlighted on the left wing BBC not The Daily Mail
Old 09-05-2009, 09:12   #75
God Member

Quote:
Your only problem is you look at everything though either an alcoholic haze or a pair of red tinted glasses Mancie, whichever is your mood at the time. How many left wing council celibate very religious festival going except Christian, think you'll find a hell of a lot, which is quite often highlighted on the left wing BBC not The Daily Mail
ah yes your usual retort..is it me or is the last bit of that in latin?..can't understand a word of it!
as for alcohol, at least I can use that as a somewhat feeble excuse for the times I post rubbish...but what's your excuse?

Last edited by Mancie; 09-05-2009 at 09:15.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..