Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2009, 13:51   #91
God Member

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Oooopsie, that could have got you in a little bit of trouble lol
seen as they video record all their procedures there may well be a video kocking around somewhere of me doing the jesture at them and may turn up on police stop one day pmsl

must say their car looked pretty sweet kitted out with all the kit plus the police stickers and stuff , i bet they have some fun with it when they get an excuse to do a pursuit

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2009, 16:02   #92
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Are they related to the Blackburn motorists who share the same privileges on Audley Range and Whalley Range?
Correct
Old 14-04-2009, 16:36   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
It seems to me that if you stand in the area of the old college and watch the cars go by certain members of the car driving population are exempt from the laws relating to seat belts, ringing friends when driving, blue lights displayed on a non emergency vehicle etc etc

No need to have a go at the Police Mate!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 22:04   #94
God Member

Funny that none of our local councillors have commented on this problem yet Greg Pope has promised to look into it. Is it not a problem if it isn't in the wards they are elected to represent? Wonder what the response would be if someone is injured or even killed because of the illegal parking.
Old 14-04-2009, 22:09   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Funny that none of our local councillors have commented on this problem yet Greg Pope has promised to look into it. Is it not a problem if it isn't in the wards they are elected to represent? Wonder what the response would be if someone is injured or even killed because of the illegal parking.
don't think most of ems been on lately in fairness, is a bit odd though. Andrew e-mailed greg pope though, which i never found odd,after watching a WW2 documentary tonight, it said most of the Jap "Kamikaze" pilots were university students. apparently cos they were educated numptys.
Old 14-04-2009, 22:16   #96
Resting in Peace

Not even sure what Greg Pope can do to be honest, except put pressure on HBC to put pressure on LCC to put pressure on their traffic wardens for indiscriminate parking in this area ... nowt to do with the Police in the circumstances put forward on this thread.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 22:24   #97
God Member

So there is nothing anybody can do? You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be an uproar if/when somebody gets hurt, it is disgusting that these things are allowed to happen Why can the police not do anything? These people are breaking the law by parking illegally
Old 14-04-2009, 22:26   #98
God Member

its plenty to do with the police when they let folk drive by yakking on their mobile phones, park at traffic lights , block roads because they couldnt care less about the big yellow box which means dont enter unless your exit is clear , lights not working ( epecially on taxis ) blah blah blah etc etc basicly teh entire highway code gets ignored down there

a clampdown by both the council and police working together would be ideal

sort out the worst area and make an example of them then get to work on other problem areas

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 14-04-2009 at 22:28.
Old 14-04-2009, 22:39   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
its plenty to do with the police when they let folk drive by yakking on their mobile phones, park at traffic lights , block roads because they couldnt care less about the big yellow box which means dont enter unless your exit is clear , lights not working ( epecially on taxis ) blah blah blah etc etc basicly teh entire highway code gets ignored down there

a clampdown by both the council and police working together would be ideal

sort out the worst area and make an example of them then get to work on other problem areas
Of course, most of these you mentioned are criminal motoring offences Accyman, not parking, in which the police would be involved. You see all these types everywhere you go .. not just Blackburn road, and they do get stopped if spotted on other areas of the road network. You can enter a yellow box if turning right by the way ... a rule lots of people do not follow. (sorry, just an aside which annoys me)

You would be the first to grumble if the police were spending time ticketing motorists for non criminal offences as Mick's photos, and not attending to other duties. The LCC own all our roads in Hyndburn, so their responsibility to lay out parking restrictions and to 'police' it themselves for people overstepping the mark.
Old 14-04-2009, 22:45   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

funny how times change, the police stopped me on blackburn rd early 80s n threatened to prosecute me fer having a brake light out in me taxi, even followed me to the garage were tesco express now is on manchester rd till i bought a bulb, of course 90% of the drivers were english then, wonder why things have changed.
Old 14-04-2009, 22:47   #101
God Member

the point is katex wether it be criminal or whatever it appears no laws get enforced down there wether it be parking illigaly or pulling people over for criminal offences

i have said before on here that i saw a traffic cop sat right behind a car with the driver yakking on his mobile and did naff all even though the police officer continued driving for a while behind teh talkative driver infront of him he merely turned off and let the guy go and it wasnt a one off as i used to spend quite a lot of time in that area and have seen plenty of things slide that beggars belief right infront of police officers

you can gurentee teh second i make a phoncall with my mobile while driving witha copper behind me the recording equptment will be on logging my offence and then the flashing lights saying pull over would come on and i would get my fine and points

Old 14-04-2009, 22:50   #102
God Member

Was just going to say Cashy when Ian had the factory at bottom of Bridge Strret in Church the police were quick to give him a ticket when he was unloading things for the works. As you say funny how times change
Old 14-04-2009, 22:51   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
funny how times change, the police stopped me on blackburn rd early 80s n threatened to prosecute me fer having a brake light out in me taxi, even followed me to the garage were tesco express now is on manchester rd till i bought a bulb, of course 90% of the drivers were english then, wonder why things have changed.
i once spent one summers night in the cells for walking down blackburn road barefoot after a night out .

mind you after a few mins discussion of my right to walk in my bare feet if i decided to i tired of his pompous atitude and told him to do somat with himself which i guess was teh bit thatgot me in teh cells lol

either that or my feet were a bio hazzard

Old 14-04-2009, 22:55   #104
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

i have said before on here that i saw a traffic cop sat right behind a car with the driver yakking on his mobile and did naff all even though the police officer continued driving for a while behind teh talkative driver infront of him he merely turned off and let the guy go and it wasnt a one off as i used to spend quite a lot of time in that area and have seen plenty of things slide that beggars belief right infront of police officers

you can gurentee teh second i make a phoncall with my mobile while driving witha copper behind me the recording equptment will be on logging my offence and then the flashing lights saying pull over would come on and i would get my fine and points
You could always try it to prove a point .... You did get away with making hand gestures though at a police car didn't you. Mind you, not sure if that a criminal offence or not. LOL

I have seen lots of instances like this too all over the U.K. of other people getting away with these offences with police car trailing, so can't really comment whether more rife in the Blackburn Road area or not.

Was only interested in the parking really, which is what this thread is about.
Old 14-04-2009, 22:56   #105
God Member

yeah but like all good threads they wander a bit

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..