Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2009, 22:57   #106
Resting in Peace

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Was just going to say Cashy when Ian had the factory at bottom of Bridge Strret in Church the police were quick to give him a ticket when he was unloading things for the works. As you say funny how times change
Probably in the days when it was the responsibility of the police Bernie .. tough though when you have to unload..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2009, 22:59   #107
God Member

pcso's can now give tickets for parking offences and in some areas have taken over from or work alongside traffic wardens

i know this coz i got two cars booked by a pcso over yorkshire when they were blocking an exit to teh apartment complex entrance

im not ashamed to say i watched out the window with great joy at the buggers faces when they saw their tickets on their windscreens

they didnt park there again

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 23:02   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Probably in the days when it was the responsibility of the police Bernie .. tough though when you have to unload..
So what you are telling me is that even though the police are cruising along Blackburn Road(as they were tonight with no emergency to deal with) and they see a car parked illegally they do nothing? If that is the case it is a joke
Old 14-04-2009, 23:11   #109
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
funny how times change, the police stopped me on blackburn rd early 80s n threatened to prosecute me fer having a brake light out in me taxi, even followed me to the garage were tesco express now is on manchester rd till i bought a bulb, of course 90% of the drivers were english then, wonder why things have changed.
Can still happen Cashy ... have the authority not to allow you to proceed until new light installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
pcso's can now give tickets for parking offences and in some areas have taken over from or work alongside traffic wardens

i know this coz i got two cars booked by a pcso over yorkshire when they were blocking an exit to teh apartment complex entrance

Think it is just an experiment in certain areas so far with PCSO's who have been given the power to issue parking tickets ... however, they will be still sub-contracted to the Local Authority to that area .. not the Police Authority.

Also, the police can move in in these circumstances, as (I think) may come under a criminal offence if no restrictions on the road ...sort of trespassing.
Old 14-04-2009, 23:26   #110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Can still happen Cashy ... have the authority not to allow you to proceed until new light installed.
then i have seen quite a few on blackburn rd without brake lights, since i lived this way,i have also seen police cars directly behind some of em, yet i have NEVER seen em stop one, i wonder why?
Old 14-04-2009, 23:31   #111
Resting in Peace

Quote:
then i have seen quite a few on blackburn rd without brake lights, since i lived this way,i have also seen police cars directly behind some of em, yet i have NEVER seen em stop one, i wonder why?
More traffic on the road Cashy, and more paper work .. probably won't stop you now until both lights have gone...'cept, of course, if they suspect something else like a drinking offence.
Old 14-04-2009, 23:46   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
More traffic on the road Cashy, and more paper work .. probably won't stop you now until both lights have gone...'cept, of course, if they suspect something else like a drinking offence.
Possibly so, but its really galling, when i consider i was stopped about 6-30 one winters evening, on me way to pick a fare up.
Old 15-04-2009, 00:24   #113
God Member

Quote:
Funny that none of our local councillors have commented on this problem yet Greg Pope has promised to look into it. Is it not a problem if it isn't in the wards they are elected to represent? Wonder what the response would be if someone is injured or even killed because of the illegal parking.

Doubt that will happen Bernadette thay re always to busy on here trying to out do each other and find who has the biggest expenses

Ive seen some dreadful near misses on Blackburn road in recent years and I dont think anything has ever been done to rectify the problem , and funnily enough about 95% seem to be coloured , and thats nots not me being racist thats me saying that these guys seem to have their own rules , esp on Blackburn road and like flashy says certain areas in Blackburn too.
Makes me wonder what uproar if any there will be when a kiddie gets hit.
We have parking regulations for a reason.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 00:52   #114
God Member

Quote:
Cherokee Doubt that will happen Bernadette thay re always to busy on here trying to out do each other and find who has the biggest expenses
Would be nice to see if any one of them was prepared to act on this serious issue even though it was not in their elected ward. Not holding my breath but time will tell
Old 15-04-2009, 09:17   #115
Resting in Peace

Quote:
So there is nothing anybody can do? You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be an uproar if/when somebody gets hurt, it is disgusting that these things are allowed to happen Why can the police not do anything? These people are breaking the law by parking illegally
Couldn't agree more Bernie, why on earth is parking now the responsibility of the councils, either HBC or LCC, irresponsible parking is breaking the law of the land, not a local authority Bylaw and should be dealt with by the police. I will just say one thing though, if you were to park on the pavement, on say Union Road in Ossy on a regular basis, I don't think i would be to long before there was a nice little ticket placed nicely behind your windscreen wipers
Old 15-04-2009, 09:23   #116
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
yeah but like all good threads they wander a bit
Quite right accyman Wandering Walter would have had a field day on here
Old 15-04-2009, 09:38   #117
Senior Member+

Quote:
Would be nice to see if any one of them was prepared to act on this serious issue even though it was not in their elected ward. Not holding my breath but time will tell
My view for what its worth Bernadette, is that illegal parking is illegal parking where ever it is in the town.

If the Council had been as diligent in enforcing the parking laws on Blackburn Rd, as we have been in the town centre we would have made a fortune
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 09:42   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
My view for what its worth Bernadette, is that illegal parking is illegal parking where ever it is in the town.

If the Council had been as diligent in enforcing the parking laws on Blackburn Rd, as we have been in the town centre we would have made a fortune
yeh but why haven't they?
Old 15-04-2009, 12:16   #119

Re the little wander off topic about stopping when a flashing blue light vehicle is behind you, As far as I know you are only required to stop when a "uniformed police officer" tells you to do so, so if the driver/passenger is not in full uniform (including hat) then you (As far as I know) do not need to pull over. They can get a marked vehicle to stop you if needed, at which point you are required to stop.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 23:22   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
yeh but why haven't they?
I don't really know why. If a illegal parking is treated the same, no matter which part of the Borough it might occur, than I would have thought that no one could have grounds for complaint.

It's not just Blackburn Rd. In Gt Harwood I am sure that double yellow lines must mean something different than what they do in the rest of the Borough.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..