Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2009, 20:57   #106
Resting in Peace

Re: Missing dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Thanks for letting us know Panther, and one of the saddest endings we have had to a thread/incident on Accyweb. Sorry for the owners and yes, RIP Max. Don't think his escape was in vain though, as lots of helpful comments for dog owners in the future.

Very sorry. x
Quite agree kate, losing a pet is like losing a member of the family, its just a pity that animals have a lot shorter life span than use humans
Old 15-04-2009, 21:05   #107
Passed away 25-11-09

I'm so sorry to hear that. Poor old dog.
Old 15-04-2009, 21:11   #108
God Member

I'm very sorry to hear this too. A very sad end to the story.
Old 15-04-2009, 21:16   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Who knows? Jae was quick enough to tell us it was missing but precious little since..... maybe Panther can enlighten us.
She did and I hope you are satisfied.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 21:17   #110
God Member

Sorry to hear the sad news about Max
Old 15-04-2009, 21:45   #111
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sympathy jae n family.
Old 16-04-2009, 09:30   #112
Resting in Peace

The other half had to have her dog put down just before Christmas, so sad to hear your very sad news and know how your feeling
Old 16-04-2009, 14:54   #113

I had to have my dog put to sleep earlier this month, he had cancer, and it was the hardest thing to do. He was my dog, and my companion. He helped me through it when my Mum was so ill.

To the people who have called Jay for whatever, I hope you hang your head in shame. It's all too easy to hide behind a computer screen and say what you think rather than to peoples faces isn't it?

I'm thinking about you Jay and your dog, and my thoughts are with you
Old 16-04-2009, 15:24   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceten View Post
It's all too easy to hide behind a computer screen and say what you think rather than to peoples faces isn't it?

Microsoft Bitchslap 2009 will be in stores late summer

this application will allow a virtual hand to emerge from the abusers moitor and slap them accross their face

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 16:31   #115
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceten View Post
To the people who have called Jay for whatever, I hope you hang your head in shame.
Did anyone call him?
Old 16-04-2009, 16:37   #116
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Did anyone call him?
someone seems to think so.
Old 18-04-2009, 02:44   #117

Sorry to hear about your dog Jay. xxxx
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 04:46   #118
God Member

I'm really confused by what I see as accusations and blame on this thread.

Most people do not walk out into their garden to check that their gate has been closed by the postman/bin man etc before letting their dogs out. They'd just open the door and the dog would go out.

It IS bad manners to leave a gate open if you have had to open it to enter. ANYONE entering a yard or garden etc should know better than to leave a gate open. Forget about bad care of pets, I think some people need to have been brought up with more manners!

The dog warden DID do his job but it is ridiculous to demand £70 is paid IF the dog has a collar on. If it hasn't then from what I understand the dog is a stray and causes problems with returning it to its owner and so on. The council are clearly using this as a way of getting money out of accidents and that isn't right at all.

As for children going blind from dog waste, it is made worse by children following bad hygiene routines after playing outside so again, perhaps parents need to to be more thorough with teaching their children hygiene and manners and so on.

I can't actually believe how insensitive some of the people have been on this thread. Yes Neil you work in the park and I imagine dog waste gets on your nerves, but at the end of the day Jae and his family have been really responsible dog owners and as a result have had a happy and well looked after pet for a long time. He might be gone now but he died an old and loved pet and I think it is pretty insulting that there have been rants about bad pet owners in this thread when they've been fantastic with Max.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 09:07   #119
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Most people do not walk out into their garden to check that their gate has been closed by the postman/bin man etc before letting their dogs out. They'd just open the door and the dog would go out.
That sort of attitude to dog ownership is what caused the thread to wonder like it did. You are responsible for your dog. If you allow it outside unsupervised it is your fault. Not the postman, binman, takeaway menu delivery bloke or not even the fault of the JW's that wanted to give you a free Watchtower. It is your resposibility.

Quote:
The dog warden DID do his job but it is ridiculous to demand £70 is paid IF the dog has a collar on.
I think of it as a fine for breaking the rules, just like dropping litter carries a fine.

Quote:
I can't actually believe how insensitive some of the people have been on this thread.
Is it not only insensitive to be discussing it now?

Quote:
Yes Neil you work in the park and I imagine dog waste gets on your nerves
I don't work in the park. I volunteer my own time to try and make the park a better place for us all to go and enjoy ourselves in. Yes there is a dog mess problem in the park but it is relatively small compared to the number of dogs in the park. Most owners are responsible when it comes to cleaning up after their dog.
Old 21-04-2009, 10:43   #120
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That sort of attitude to dog ownership is what caused the thread to wonder like it did. You are responsible for your dog. If you allow it outside unsupervised it is your fault. Not the postman, binman, takeaway menu delivery bloke or not even the fault of the JW's that wanted to give you a free Watchtower. It is your resposibility.

I think of it as a fine for breaking the rules, just like dropping litter carries a fine.

Is it not only insensitive to be discussing it now?

I don't work in the park. I volunteer my own time to try and make the park a better place for us all to go and enjoy ourselves in. Yes there is a dog mess problem in the park but it is relatively small compared to the number of dogs in the park. Most owners are responsible when it comes to cleaning up after their dog.
Nice one Neil

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..