Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2009, 21:09   #1

joanna lumley on gurkhas

title say's it all. today she said what every right thinking english man or woman is thinking why the wait what's the problem we think they they should come and be made very welcome has this government some problem with this. the wish of the people ?
nortype is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2009, 21:13   #2
God Member

Re: joanna lumley on gurkhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortype View Post
title say's it all. today she said what every right thinking english man or woman is thinking why the wait what's the problem we think they they should come and be made very welcome has this government some problem with this. the wish of the people ?
Do you have a problem with that?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 21:15   #3
God Member

Go JL .. behind her 100% Its damn disgusting what this government are doing and high time someone stood up to them for the way they have treated the Ghurkas.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 21:18   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
well i wish it, do you?
Old 07-05-2009, 21:20   #5
Super Moderator

So, why don't the government just do the decent thing and follow the principle "if you're prepared to die for this country, then you can live here."? It's simple enough, isn't it?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 21:30   #6

royboy39 my bigest problem is with some-one who cannot go with the feeling's of the british people.
Old 07-05-2009, 21:34   #7

cashman yes I do
Old 07-05-2009, 21:35   #8
God Member

Quote:
royboy39 my bigest problem is with some-one who cannot go with the feeling's of the british people.
I'ts called power in the wrong hands or vote catching from the ones who really do not matter.

Old 07-05-2009, 21:38   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
cashman yes I do
good as ya questioned the wish of the people i was not sure.
Old 07-05-2009, 22:00   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
good as ya questioned the wish of the people i was not sure.
I would think that, since wwII above one million, if not more soldiers have served with and alongside these lads who are dedicated and brave soldiers of the crown.
Let them in is my take and chuck the useless benefit claimers out.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:24   #11
JFT96

Could not agree more, this government has broken the covenant they had with our armed forces, forcing the public to start Help for Heroes. The Gurkha's are in the same boat. They should be allowed to stay in this country they have proved themselves.

I was fortunate to meet Rifleman Tul Bahadur Pun a few years ago at a Pilot's dinner party.

His history is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tul_Bahadur_Pun

Says it all in my opinion

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:30   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Could not agree more, this government has broken the covenant they had with our armed forces, forcing the public to start Help for Heroes. The Gurkha's are in the same boat. They should be allowed to stay in this country they have proved themselves.

I was fortunate to meet Rifleman Tul Bahadur Pun a few years ago at a Pilot's dinner party.

His history is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tul_Bahadur_Pun

Says it all in my opinion
ta fer that link boeing guy, mr puns a top geezer,
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56   #13
JFT96

Cashy he most certainly is, there were a few humbled people in that room that evening, myself included. It was a honour.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:08   #14
Resting in Peace

Just can't get my head round this, why can't this government save face hold their hands up and say okay we got it wrong, instead of keep shooting themselves in the foot
Old 08-05-2009, 11:36   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just can't get my head round this, why can't this government save face hold their hands up and say okay we got it wrong, instead of keep shooting themselves in the foot
i agree they should, just same as the tories should hold their hands up n say we never even considered this, all the years we were in power, no party should escape criticism who has been in power in my lifetime. the snipers always omit to say this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..