Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 11:52   #76
God Member

Re: Had Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
you're def not alone margaret and cashy... I wondered that too and also the person Mick was alluding to being suprised at them joining in this thread when they have obviously caused probs in the past... oh hum
oh hum? just say what and who you are talking about.. ...I stand by everything I have said on this forum...but I've never taken account the moderators and the job they do but that is something I am now aware of, and I reckon I'm not the only one....slanging matches between members are sometimes fun, but I can see how it gets hard for the mods to do the cleaning.

Last edited by Mancie; 06-08-2009 at 11:55.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2009, 11:57   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
oh hum? just say what and who you are talking about..
That's the point Mancie I don't know who they were talking about hence my response to Margaret and Cashy saying the same thing...but its pretty irrelevant really I'm just glad Mick is staying cos I am also one of those that Mick has helped out too

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:03   #78
God Member

and I'm glad Mick is staying...I don't know anyone on here but I know the bloke has the respect of thousands ..and there's not many that can claim that.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 13:46   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
and I'm glad Mick is staying...I don't know anyone on here but I know the bloke has the respect of thousands ..and there's not many that can claim that.
I couldnt have put that any better mate well said
Old 06-08-2009, 15:34   #80
God Member

I don`t know whats gone on but keep up the good work Mick.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 16:28   #81
Beacon of light

Quote:
oh hum? just say what and who you are talking about.. ...I stand by everything I have said on this forum...but I've never taken account the moderators and the job they do but that is something I am now aware of, and I reckon I'm not the only one....slanging matches between members are sometimes fun, but I can see how it gets hard for the mods to do the cleaning.
Mancie......I certainly never mentioned your name, or anyone elses for that matter. It is for Mick and the person/s concerned, and only them to know exactly what went on.....it is not for us to assume or conjecture. I am glad that you have mentioned your appreciation for the work that Mick does for this brilliant site....and that you now are aware of some of the difficulties of the job. We should all do our bit to help relieve some of the pressure on the Moderators.....and while I know it might be seen as fun to have a slanging match with someone online, you have to ask yourself if you would say those things if the person was sat opposite you.....and if the answer is 'NO' then don't do it online. That is just basic Netiquette.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 18:59   #82
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

will you lot shut up being nice to Mick, he won't be able to get his head out the door to go to the railway tomorrow
Old 06-08-2009, 19:07   #83
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
will you lot shut up being nice to Mick, he won't be able to get his head out the door to go to the railway tomorrow
Oh yes he will, he think's it's my turn to pay!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:54   #84
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
That will be a first, Mick thinking
Old 07-08-2009, 05:55   #85
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That will be a first, Mick thinking
i THINK i will ban Neil see i can think
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:00   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

EVERYONE TO THE RAILWAY LESS HAS WON THE LOTTERY
!!!!!!!

He is buying for anyone in there this afternoon and says all are welcome. Such a kind man for sharing his good fortune.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:55   #87
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post

EVERYONE TO THE RAILWAY LESS HAS WON THE LOTTERY!!!!!!!

He is buying for anyone in there this afternoon and says all are welcome. Such a kind man for sharing his good fortune.
A tenner ain't going to go that far Spugs
Old 07-08-2009, 09:01   #88
God Member

Depends jaysay if he buys em all orange and soda!!! LolPosted via Mobile Device
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 00:01   #89

can't see Acclass being happy about that now she has advanced onto WKD
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:26   #90
God Member

So, he's staying .... good .... we need continuity .... never had much trouble on here, and I only had one post yanked; think I posted in Cree or Algonquin ..... it was too foul and disgusting to post in English; but as I'm the only sixty-three-year-old not allowed in the over 18s, I had to use one of my country's other official languages. Mick sounds like a real nice guy, and is obviously well respected. I'm glad he's staying. Tansi keya big guy By the way, that's not foul and disgusting.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..