Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2009, 16:49   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Accy Observer

Ive never got the job section in the Observer, its always jobs in manchester! And now the big "book" in the observer also anoys me telling about events and life which is not even in accrington! I still read and buy it but it never has local news in and if it does then its not even that good, i have to admit there are a few good storys sometimes to read but not very often though!

But like all other things , papers cost money to print so all this Manchester and other non accrington stuff are adverts probably paying for half of the cost to print the things! Im glad its still going , but maybe their should be a new editor like people have said on here

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2009, 17:21   #17

got & read mine to-day. improvement far better than last few week's. still a bit to go but getting near old observer. seem's someone is listening to the people of hyndburn.. back to normal soom. ?????????
nortype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 20:25   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortype View Post
got & read mine to-day. improvement far better than last few week's. still a bit to go but getting near old observer. seem's someone is listening to the people of hyndburn.. back to normal soom. ?????????
I agree. I noticed an improvement this week. Thank goodness, someone appears to have taken our comments on board.
Old 18-09-2009, 20:54   #19
God Member

only moan I have about the on-line edition is the delay in updating the Obituary section , hope its because no-one has passed on .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 21:38   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
only moan I have about the on-line edition is the delay in updating the Obituary section , hope its because no-one has passed on .
oh there still croaking mate, one of me late dads mates in last weeks, one of his best mates in this weeks.
Old 18-09-2009, 22:46   #21
Senior Member+

didnt want to make a new thread about this so... What does people think about the citizen. Is this the crappest newspaper you ever read or what? sometimes no news on front page just a big bloody advert...or actually no... there are two front pages... with basically crap inside. It feels like a big paper but then when you pick it up a plethora of ****e comes out of it. Sometimes i feel like just leaving it behind the door to wipe my feet on
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 23:05   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

never had a citizen fer oer 15 years, dont deliver em round our way, i wonder why
Old 18-09-2009, 23:35   #23
Senior Member+

i think they should print ' this paper was posted by a gideon ' becuase you never see the people that post the crap
Old 19-09-2009, 09:06   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
didn't want to make a new thread about this so... What does people think about the citizen. Is this the crappest newspaper you ever read or what? sometimes no news on front page just a big bloody advert...or actually no... there are two front pages... with basically crap inside. It feels like a big paper but then when you pick it up a plethora of ****e comes out of it. Sometimes i feel like just leaving it behind the door to wipe my feet on
Ain't had one for years, ever since I bollocked the chap who was delivering one Christmas. All year this chap used to put 4 copies on the stairs in our block of flats, like help yourself, then mysteriously 3 weeks before xmas they started dropping on the mat behind the door, strange thought, then just before xmas a little knock came at the door and the chap was there asking for a Christmas tip, won't say on a family web site just exactly what I said, but he got the message
Old 19-09-2009, 09:40   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I think the news is local but it's the what's on section and the jobs section that are no longer local. I don't want to know about a pub in salford, I want to know about a local pub.

Local pub reviews/sandwich shop reviews
Jobs available for local people
What's on for local events
I was about to say it is time your started doing your bit again but then thought you might take it the wrong way and hit me next time I see you
Old 19-09-2009, 11:28   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ain't had one for years, ever since I bollocked the chap who was delivering one Christmas. All year this chap used to put 4 copies on the stairs in our block of flats, like help yourself, then mysteriously 3 weeks before xmas they started dropping on the mat behind the door, strange thought, then just before xmas a little knock came at the door and the chap was there asking for a Christmas tip, won't say on a family web site just exactly what I said, but he got the message
lol

I once found around 200 of them stuffed down a grate near sports centre
Old 19-09-2009, 11:28   #27
Senior Member+

well what looked like 200 hehe
Old 19-09-2009, 15:34   #28

At least they seem to be trying. Shouldn't have a go really. They have admitted their error - on the front page of the paper - and have outlined the changes they have made and changes planned for the future, all seemingly designed to make the paper more about the town. Should be congratulated from my point of view, Some of you are just looking for something to moan about, in my opinion.
PrettyLittleTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 15:41   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyLittleTing View Post
At least they seem to be trying. Shouldn't have a go really. They have admitted their error - on the front page of the paper - and have outlined the changes they have made and changes planned for the future, all seemingly designed to make the paper more about the town. Should be congratulated from my point of view, Some of you are just looking for something to moan about, in my opinion.
Rubbish it shouldn't be more about the town, it should be ALL about the town n surrounding area, thats what a LOCAL paper is.
Old 19-09-2009, 15:44   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyLittleTing View Post
So are you a reporter or maybe the editor of the paper?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..