Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2009, 19:36   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Voting for Christian in Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
good to see christians and muslims able to work together then
They must have been the British Lions.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2009, 20:01   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I got as far as "christian" ....
far as i got also.
Old 26-10-2009, 20:27   #33

Did I miss something or did this guy spit in everybody's grandma's eye? I know some have used logic and humour to counter the first post, but the amount of spleen venting seems disproportionate to the sentiments expressed; I wonder why.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 20:49   #34
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
but the amount of spleen venting seems disproportionate to the sentiments expressed; I wonder why.
I think it might have been when he told them all they lived in tents.
Old 26-10-2009, 22:11   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I think it might have been when he told them all they lived in tents.
Or it could be that(in my opinion)And I stress mine alone - He is a nut case

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 07:18   #36
God Member

Quote:
Did I miss something or did this guy spit in everybody's grandma's eye? I know some have used logic and humour to counter the first post, but the amount of spleen venting seems disproportionate to the sentiments expressed; I wonder why.
Probably 'cause government according to the Ten Commandments is about as popular as government by Sharia Law.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 08:09   #37
Senior Member+

I can easily say that everything stated in the first post will be the exact reasons why im not voting for kevin.. .and i couldn't even fetch myself to read anything there
Old 27-10-2009, 16:21   #38

I have just realised i am prejudice against polititians especially of the Conservative variety as well as religious hobbyists ;(
spex357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 16:40   #39

Question Re: Voting for Christian in Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Probably 'cause government according to the Ten Commandments is about as popular as government by Sharia Law.
Aren't a lot of our laws based on those anyway?(E.g. the killing and stealing stuff?)
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:15   #40
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Aren't a lot of our laws based on those anyway?(E.g. the killing and stealing stuff?)
No, the religious laws, of many faith's are based on what is practical, unfortunately they get interpreted differently, by different people, that is why religious people fight each other.

We should consider the practical but ignore the, 'I have God on my side', brigade and maybe we as a nation, as mixed as it now is could live in harmony.

Pay attention to a religious Politician and it's inevitably going to mean many will die from their incitement but the 'Expert', with God on his side will drive us all apart.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:21   #41
Junior Member+

Hi to one and all,
Thanks for your replies. I am surprised I got so many.
Sorrry I haven't replied but the replies are not sent onto my email address.
I thought shallow mindedness was supposed to be the preserve of religious believers but obviously not.
Being called a fascist for quoting scripture seems a bit over the top don't you think?
I know the difference between Hyndburn and Accrington well enough but I don't see why that's such a big issue. When I need a passport to go to Oswaldtwistle I will start to worry.
Now if you the critics amongst you really want me to sit and listen to your objections why not put forward your own solutions/opinions?
I promise not to call YOU fascists... Honest
Alex
Alex Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:31   #42
Junior Member+

Hello egg&chips,
Of course and well done for thinking on what I said before opening your mouth.
I would say this ( your mention of laws such as do not kill) shows the PROPER application of God's Laws brings blessings not curses.
I admit religious leaders can get things wrong that's why we need righteous laws to guide us. As a christian I know it provides a starting place or point to produce a better society.
Unfortunately no-one has yet come up with a way of creating a better society without laws or government. If you anyone can - then that would be news!
Yours sincerely,
Alex

Quote:

Last edited by Alex Ross; 27-10-2009 at 17:34.
Alex Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:33   #43
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ross View Post
Being called a fascist for quoting scripture seems a bit over the top don't you think?
Please don't consider yourself a Martyr to the cause, you are just another one that we knew wouldn't/couldn't take a hint, I hope you won't take this terribly personal but, go away, stop posting, you should have realised that you aren't wanted.

accyweb has been invaded by your types for far too long, please let us go back to just being a site for ex pat's, their relatives, and people that want to talk to each other, rather than what it seems to have become, folk like you that, because this is a busy it site should have a captive audience for your beliefs, If you want to spout religion etc, start your own site, if nobody comes to it, don't invade our site.

Last edited by Less; 27-10-2009 at 17:37.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:48   #44
Give, give, give member

Just another little tip.

For your first post it might have been wise to post a cheery hello in the relevant introduction thread, rather than go in all guns blazing, prattling on about tents in Accrington, and God rebuilding Rio etc.

If you'd read the post correctly, no one called you a fascist, but said you were as 'bad as the fascists'. We had one posting this weekend, who was making as much sense as your initial post did.

As I said in the linked thread I gave, I will never vote for Mr. Logan, not only because he is as far removed from the gentle, kind Jesus I know, but because he uses religion as a cover to spread his own vile prejudices.

He is a self publicist, who really hasn't that much to publicise, and politics seems just another platform for him to share his rather nasty views.

Last edited by garinda; 27-10-2009 at 17:50.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 18:56   #45
God Member

Quote:
Maybe ... but those are the laws that seem to be broken most often, especially by those in power: the expense scandal, the invasion of Iraq and the present conflict in Afghanistan .... not to mention the two dust ups in the twentieth century .... and the capitalist economy couldn't exist without people going around coveting their neighbours' stuff.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..