Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2009, 21:47   #16

Re: Dog fouling worse than ever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
At the end of your post you indicate that you have identified an offender.
All you need is a few action shots of the offences and the environmental health people will have something to act on.
Yes I have seen the offender and informed on him but it hasn't made much difference. He also seems to know it was me that sent the environmental health people round..... (Could be something to do with them knocking on my door first to check if that was where the offender lived).
He has been very threatening in his behavior towards me. He hasn't said much but it's the leer on his face and he still lets his dogs foul everywhere but at night instead now. I'm not sure it is safe these days to encourage people to take pictures of offenders. (Make myself sound about 90. I'm not - only 30)
Galloping Hairpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2009, 22:14   #17
God Member

I'm 66 and if I see an offence I open my window and shout-
"If that's crap pick it up"

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 23:24   #18
Senior Member+

i take my dog for walks in milnshaw park, and i can honestly say that most people pick up the poop after there dogs have made a mess. You will always get people who don't clean up. But all dog owners seem to get tared with the same brush.
Old 27-10-2009, 23:28   #19
God Member

i think it was a few years ago a local lad got prosecuted for retuning a dog owners dogs mess through his letterbox with a shovel.

personaly i think this was acceptable behaviour and should be encouraged not discouraged

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 00:05   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i think it was a few years ago a local lad got prosecuted for retuning a dog owners dogs mess through his letterbox with a shovel.

personaly i think this was acceptable behaviour and should be encouraged not discouraged
i have also threatened to do that, it worked on the smackhead, think shes moved or in the nick now, aint seen the lazy cow fer a good while.
Old 28-10-2009, 00:13   #21
Senior Member+

i remember once my mate put a sign in his window saying please clean up after your dog or i may feel inclined to come around and poo outside your door myself....hehe
Old 28-10-2009, 09:25   #22

You know I'm obviously a coward! I'm not the shouting type (except at my own children when they're naughty). My hubby yelled at him tho' and he - GET THIS - kicked the mess back up his garden path!! He then complained to the police that he'd been threatened. The police told him off not us. They said there had been other complaints from the neighbours too and that he had to clear it up. It worked for a day or two. Then he started kicking the dogs out at night, 11:00 onwards. It's dead around here by then so he lets them out, waits for them to mess, then they're back in. Thats all the exercise they get - ever!
He has also recently put a BNP sticker in his window, not relevant to anything except that I thought it an interesting illustration of the type the BNP attract! Well they're welcome to him!!
Galloping Hairpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 15:40   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galloping Hairpin View Post
He has also recently put a BNP sticker in his window, not relevant to anything except that I thought it an interesting illustration of the type the BNP attract! Well they're welcome to him!!
Well at least you can take comfort in the fact that the crap will be pedigree crap, and not mongrel muck.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 16:24   #24
Senior Member+

i think its an invitation for everbody who lives around him to scoop up his dogs poo and post it through his door
Old 28-10-2009, 17:14   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
i think its an invitation for everbody who lives around him to scoop up his dogs poo and post it through his door
or sling it at his windows

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 18:25   #26
Resting in Peace

I know you think it is getting worse G.H., but if you had been born at least 20 years earlier, you will notice the difference up to the present day. Didn't really think much about it then to be honest ...just oh blimey, more dog muck on yer shoes .. clean it off, then get on with it. Not pleasant .. was just an acceptance.

I really don't know what else our councils can do. They can now spot fine people; have put up bins to put the dog's pooh in to be taken away and dumped in a safe way; notices on lamp posts. Very rarely now do you see dogs wandering alone on the streets .. is soon reported by residents and dogs are carted off to the dog pound. Wandering dogs were ignored years ago, unless they looked to be in some sort of distress. Also, can report offending dog owners. All at great expense ... not knocking it at all.

With regard to your remarks on 'Health Hazard', the toxocariasis fear is what triggered all these measures to be put in place by our councils .. not just the muck on the soles of your shoes.

I really don't know what else can be done.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..