Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2009, 19:06   #1

Why i won't be shopping at Bodycare again. *Merged*

Why i won't be shopping at Bodycare again.

Poppy Outrage - ITV Granada Reports

Was so annoyed when i heard it on the news, especially on a day when 5 soldiers was killed and a number wounded.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2009, 19:07   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Poppy Ban

just been on BBC Northwest that "Bodycare" at Wigan have banned staff from wearing Poppies, this i think is disgraceful. Management refused to comment to the Beeb, the lady who had worked fer 8 yrs fer em, was told if she returned to work tomorrow wearing it she will face disciplinary action, Paris n I have always used this shop, it will sunshine in hell before we ever use it again, i would hope many people in britain feel the same n it follows "Woolies" into Oblivion.
Old 04-11-2009, 19:12   #3

Re: Poppy Ban

Put a thread up about this myself at the same time. I'm with you on not shopping there again.

Old 04-11-2009, 19:17   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
just been on BBC Northwest that "Bodycare" at Wigan have banned staff from wearing Poppies, this i think is disgraceful. Management refused to comment to the Beeb, the lady who had worked fer 8 yrs fer em, was told if she returned to work tomorrow wearing it she will face disciplinary action, Paris n I have always used this shop, it will sunshine in hell before we ever use it again, i would hope many people in britain feel the same n it follows "Woolies" into Oblivion.
Unbelievable I see that management refused to comment; so, what is the reason for the ban I know that you guys have more than your fair share of political correctness; but what in hell's name could be advanced as justification for insulting what one WWl poet called "the millions of the mouthless dead" and all those who came back with pieces missing from their bodies and their souls. The store shouldn't be boycotted; it should be burnt to the ground .... and let's toss "management" into the flames for good measure.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 19:18   #5

What you need to do is not just stay away, you need to make the management aware that you will not shop there again.

Thats the only way they are going to know about it.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 19:22   #6
God Member

I just read that the store bans the wearing of "charity emblems" ... since when was a poppy a "charity emblem"?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 19:35   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
What you need to do is not just stay away, you need to make the management aware that you will not shop there again.

Thats the only way they are going to know about it.
I have tried to find the contact info for bodycare to do exactly that. But cannot find the details anywhere. So if anyone does find the addres could they either please post it or PM me. Thanks

Old 04-11-2009, 19:46   #8
Junior Member+

It seems they have had a change of heart. A statement was read out on behalf of the company on Granada Reports stating that, after consideration, they believe that the poppy is an exception, and staff will be allowed to wear them.

I should think so too!!

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Lace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 19:53   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace View Post
It seems they have had a change of heart. A statement was read out on behalf of the company on Granada Reports stating that, after consideration, they believe that the poppy is an exception, and staff will be allowed to wear them.

I should think so too!!
BBC NEWS | UK | England | Manchester | Store bans staff wearing poppies as far as we are concerned, it should never have happened,to be considered, they can stuff their shops from our point of view.
Old 04-11-2009, 20:00   #10
Junior Member+

Quote:
as far as we are concerned, it should never have happened,to be considered, they can stuff their shops from our point of view.
I totally agree with you, its disgraceful

Sara I found an address for their parent company:
GR & MM Blackledge Plc, 9 Western Avenue Matrix Park Leyland Lancs PR7 7NB

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Lace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 20:02   #11
God Member

The biggest problem with this sort of stuff is the fact that when companies or Councils introduce these asinine rules which are later overturned no one is held responsible , usually its an spokesperson (spin-control) who responds , my thinking is the clown (Business-person, Councillor, Council employee ) who made the original decision should be named and shamed , and have their photos published in the local media so the folks know what type of person their neighbour is .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 20:02   #12
Resting in Peace

Well, they have backed down Cashy, and understand your feelings, however, if everyone ostracised this shop, then where does it leave the shop assistants who showed defiance in the first place ? Out of a job ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 20:08   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, they have backed down Cashy, and understand your feelings, however, if everyone ostracised this shop, then where does it leave the shop assistants who showed defiance in the first place ? Out of a job ?
the lady was not being defiant kate, in fact she was very disressed,saying she felt it was wrong, but also said she could not afford to be unemployed, this firm is ruling by intimidation in my opinion, i take yer point, but nevertheless we will never support such a firm again.
Old 04-11-2009, 20:11   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
the lady was not being defiant kate, in fact she was very disressed,saying she felt it was wrong, but also said she could not afford to be unemployed, this firm is ruling by intimidation in my opinion, i take yer point, but nevertheless we will never support such a firm again.
Ok . perhaps defiant was not the correct word.
Their products are cheap though ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 20:14   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace View Post
I totally agree with you, its disgraceful

Sara I found an address for their parent company:
GR & MM Blackledge Plc, 9 Western Avenue Matrix Park Leyland Lancs PR7 7NB
Thanks

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..