Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 23:21   #1
Junior Member+

origin of this country

I have looked throught many facts on who are the british people. the bristish people are In fact manly roman, and a bit of viking. That means we were!!!!!!! 80% of this mix.,
unless you came to this country in the 1950's there is no fact that one type of human is the sole inhabitant to this island.
But since the discovery of coal it was 80% roman and viking. That to me is the britsh people!!!!
BUT now it has gone, we are a mixed race country completely, there are big pockets of people who think that this is there country all over britian, from small estates to large ones all over the country, they will not interact with other people of this country with in the boundary of the last house that the origin has bought or rent, This country does not have no direct human inhabitance any more we are MIXED. But with a differance many of the people who came here and had families here still say they do not pleage there life to this country, like they will go back to there home land at some point, they never do go back. SO funny that is, POUND note spring to mind, thats why the people who are having hardship in there country travel all the way across europe to get here, word travels fast, WE ARE SOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The steet I live in have pulling together to help people out, from moving rubish to putting up selves to help with filling out paperwork, l thing its time to pull together for the people of accrington, lancashire, england. and see who want to live here and pay there due.............and make this island of england pround again

I could type comments about this all night, but its time to stop and for you to respond. BRING IT ON!!!!!
jules58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2009, 23:26   #2
God Member

Re: origin of this country

Your understanding of early british history is flawed.
I could put you right but the site doesn't need another diatribe of mine on ancient history (my pet subject which I have extensively researched)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 23:42   #3
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I could put you right but the site doesn't need another diatribe of mine on ancient history (my pet subject which I have extensively researched)
Please put me right, buy all means, my facts are from the population from 1901-2007 from population archives of the UK census.please tell me the total of true britsh people from 1951 to 2008.

Regard
jules
Old 05-11-2009, 23:47   #4
God Member

You forgot to mention-
the beaker people (earliest known inhabitants identified by their pottery)
the celts (a gradual migration across the whole of Europe)
the 'roman auxiliaries' who were born in all the conquered nations of the empire
(few roman born romans actually stayed when the empire collapsed)
the angles
the saxons
the jutes
...to name only the ones before the Norman conquest

Old 05-11-2009, 23:53   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Margaret does have an interest in, and extensive knowledge of ancient Britain, and she's shared this before in relevant threads.

These islands were well populated by various ethnic groups, long before the Romans, and then later the Vikings, arrived.

I will agree though, that in common with most of the world's nations, we are genetically mongrels.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 23:55   #6
Junior Member+

Quote:
You forgot to mention-
the 'roman auxiliaries' who were born in all the conquered nations of the empire
the angles
the saxons
the jutes
Thankyou for enlighting me, I have all these inhabitants on my records too, But no Muslins..... thankyou for make my point concrete. WE ARE NOW VERY MIXED.
Old 05-11-2009, 23:56   #7
God Member

Quote:
You forgot to mention-
the angles
the saxons
the jutes
I vaguely remember a show on the History Chanel, on which the arguement was made ... I think DNA analysis had something to do with it ... that rather than being predominantly Anglo Saxon, Britons were in fact Celtic ... Is this so? I haven't done the research that you have; so, I may be way off base.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 23:57   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You forgot to mention-
the angles
the saxons
the jutes
The Beaker people came from the low countries, and the history of Delft pottery, many centuries later, can be linked to their ancient forefathers.

Old 05-11-2009, 23:59   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules58 View Post
Thankyou for enlighting me, I have all these inhabitants on my records too, But no Muslins..... thankyou for make my point concrete. WE ARE NOW VERY MIXED.
Not many christians in that list either - so what point were you trying to make by bringing religion into it

PS incidentally there is evidence that the long migration of celts originated from northern India
Linguists have found many welsh words have northern Indian counterparts/similarities

Last edited by MargaretR; 06-11-2009 at 00:01.
Old 06-11-2009, 00:04   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The Beaker people came from the low countries, and the history of Delft pottery, many centuries later, can be linked to their ancient forefathers.
They were more widespread than that

Beaker culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Iberian peninsula has been argued as the most likely place of Beaker origin.

Last edited by MargaretR; 06-11-2009 at 00:07.
Old 06-11-2009, 00:05   #11
Junior Member+

Quote:
Not many christians in that list either - so what point were you trying to make by bringing religion into it
sorry to bring that in to it, if you have read my full sorry, i was making a point about the true inhabitants NOW!!! in this day and age, and the main points of this countrys goverment and who they swinging favor off..... WAR, IMMAGRANTS, FAMILYS!!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 00:07   #12
God Member

Are you a friend of Bagpuss?

Old 06-11-2009, 00:07   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

reckon it aint hard to see the direction someone is trying to take this thread.
Old 06-11-2009, 00:07   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I vaguely remember a show on the History Chanel, on which the arguement was made ... I think DNA analysis had something to do with it ... that rather than being predominantly Anglo Saxon, Britons were in fact Celtic ... Is this so? I haven't done the research that you have; so, I may be way off base.

One of the most fascinating programmes I ever saw was Channel 4's 100% English.

100% English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carole Thatcher was mainly of middle eastern origin, if my memory serves me correctly, and righ-wing bigot Garry Bushell's genetic makeup was predominantly African, which was somewhat shocking for a white racist.

Most of it's on YouTube, but I can't access it at the moment.

Old 06-11-2009, 00:10   #15
God Member

I forgot the Nearthandels - they didn't die out, they interbred.
I have RH neg blood and ginger hair but I look better than they did

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..