Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2010, 22:41   #1

Accy Police

Saw a lad getting beaten up in town last night, police just stood there watching, it was left up to the bouncers at baileys and someone from the takeaway accross the road to break it up!

Went over to a female officer to tell her and was told that if i didnt clear of id be arrested for a public order offence ! Dont think that they should have the discretion to nik somebody for reporting a crime but lack the guts to stop one in progress.
GypoDec is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-01-2010, 23:56   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Accy Police

Ring police station up and as to speak to the sargeant or Inspector and put in a formal complaint. Hopefully this incident was caught on CCTV.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 23:58   #3

I rang them that night after it happened i am going in tommorow to see someone.

I just thought that it was disgusting that out of six or seven coppers stood on church street the only people to get involved were private door staff.
Old 11-01-2010, 00:04   #4
Senior Member+

Let us know how you get on. Half the coppers who hang round the town center during the weekend evenings only go to perve on the scantily clad females.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 00:09   #5

Ye i will do,... dont get me wrong i dont have a problem with the police, their is just a minority who are totally corrupt.

What really annoys me is that i think the police think of friday and saturday nights as easy pickings to boost the ammount of arrests they make and rather than actually getting involved and breaking up fights etc,... they arest people for no reason and call it " A PUBLIC ORDER OFFENCE" which isnt even a legal classification,... its up to the officer to use their discretion and even after youve been arrested for it and let out, you cant challenge the 24 hours you spent locked up.

Oh well,... haha
Old 11-01-2010, 00:17   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

nowt much as changed dec, back in the day though they would mainly clout ya round yer head n tell ya to sod off home.
Old 11-01-2010, 00:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
nowt much as changed dec, back in the day though they would mainly clout ya round yer head n tell ya to sod off home.
haha aye cashman,... i bet it was more of a deterrent than a night in the cells though
Old 11-01-2010, 01:38   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
Half the coppers who hang round the town center during the weekend evenings only go to perve on the scantily clad females.
Whats wrong with that?
Old 11-01-2010, 01:42   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Whats wrong with that?
The half doing the perving at the scantily clad lasses might me stout shoed female coppers...not that there's anything wrong with that.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:06   #10
Resting in Peace

When we see an helpless women and little kids that do no harm, we run them in, we show them we're the bold gendarme, springs readily to mind
Old 11-01-2010, 15:06   #11

Good to see the Church Street chucking out time entertainment is still going strong!! I was back in Accy around Halloween and Bonfire night - and I must say not as many fisticuffs going on because the town was severely lacking in drinkers to have fights! In the 90's (crickey i feel a when I was a lass comment coming on) we used to book a bench and watch the evenings bouts scoring out of 10 for the most moronic reason for a scrap -later in the early 'noughties' my late mate Stanny and myself would have a better night watchin the idiots trying to knock each other out - than actually in the pubs.
Gingerninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 21:04   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The half doing the perving at the scantily clad lasses might me stout shoed female coppers...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Big Wimmin in comfortable shoes (probably got short spiky hair & tashes) Don't you look at my Bird !!
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 23:15   #13
God Member

So ... is it that the coppers are afraid of being prosecuted for police brutality or some shlt like that Or is it an on-the-job health and safety issue that makes them hold back. Seems like it might be a multi-tasking thing. The KPD seem to have no problem with checking out the eye candy and busting people without breaking stride. Down go the fighting drunks, on go the cuffs, and then the tossing (none too gently) into the back of a cruiser or paddy wagon .... then off to the tank for the night. Of course, there is a free breakfast from Rotten Ronnie. If the coppers are having a busy night they bring the dogs to sort things out.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 14:42   #14
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
So ... is it that the coppers are afraid of being prosecuted for police brutality or some shlt like that Or is it an on-the-job health and safety issue that makes them hold back. Seems like it might be a multi-tasking thing. The KPD seem to have no problem with checking out the eye candy and busting people without breaking stride. Down go the fighting drunks, on go the cuffs, and then the tossing (none too gently) into the back of a cruiser or paddy wagon .... then off to the tank for the night. Of course, there is a free breakfast from Rotten Ronnie. If the coppers are having a busy night they bring the dogs to sort things out.
More likely to be the health & safety aspect, they might get a good brayin' if they step in between brawling drunks, better waiting until they,ve beaten each other half to death then nip in sharpish & nick em.

The police brutality issue doesn't really bother them I don't think as there's usually enough coersion on the villain to make him see the incident as being his own fault & that he brought it on himself, or should someone be foolish enough to pursue the issue, the "old contemptibles" will close ranks.

Don't get me wrong there's some good decent Coppers out there trying to do the right thing, but the press doesn't report the day to day stuff just the Headline grabbers, but you get a Copper doing a naughty They're all over it.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 16:31   #15
God Member

i like watching the police help those idiots that like to rip their shirts off trying to look tough into police cars especially when the officer forgets to push their head down and it ever so accidently gets banged on the car roof.

i could sit on church street with a bag of chips watching that all night

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..