Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2010, 22:52   #16
I am Banned

Re: can you answer this question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i guess like other religions things are added to suit as they go along.
Most religions are based on the writers likes and dislikes, and incorporate bits of other relgions to appease the converts.
Most of the books in the bible were written 100's of years after the so called events, and those in power at the time decided which version was acceptable. King James was one of them.
Just as the history's of wars are written by the victors.

Last edited by Neil; 13-02-2010 at 23:14. Reason: fixed quote
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2010, 08:22   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I guess its almost impossible to describe the taste of something to someone who hasnt tried it, unless what you are describing actually tastes like something else. How would you explain to someone what Cheese tastes like?

Best Regards - Taggy
I think you are right on this one ... the only answer one can really give is a sort of tautological one: bacon tastes, well, like bacon ... exactly like bacon ... although some bacons, for example Canadian bacon, tastes better than others.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 09:09   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I think you are right on this one ... the only answer one can really give is a sort of tautological one: bacon tastes, well, like bacon ... exactly like bacon ... although some bacons, for example Canadian bacon, tastes better than others.
You have me at at disadvantage there Eric as i've never tasted Canadian Bacon, but i'm sure there's both good and poor quality Canadian Bacon too.....well certainly the Film Canadian Bacon was one of John Candy's worst films!! Lol!

I've had Bacon when i've been to America, but havn't really liked what i've tried so far, not seen much Back Bacon around, which is what i prefer, what i've had there has tended to be of the Streaky variety!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 09:44   #19
God Member

Quote:
You have me at at disadvantage there Eric as i've never tasted Canadian Bacon, but i'm sure there's both good and poor quality Canadian Bacon too.....well certainly the Film Canadian Bacon was one of John Candy's worst films!! Lol!

I've had Bacon when i've been to America, but havn't really liked what i've tried so far, not seen much Back Bacon around, which is what i prefer, what i've had there has tended to be of the Streaky variety!

Best Regards - Taggy
Pea meal bacon rules And I must mention the Fat City Burger, on sale at the Queen's Inn in Kingston: A massive beef pattie, with a slice of old chedder cheese, and a thick slice of pea meal bacon .... ahhh .... oh, and it comes with fries (chips) .... and if anyone wants to know what it tastes like; it tastes exactly like a Fat City Burger ... with a hint of bacon butty.
Old 14-02-2010, 11:36   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Pea meal bacon rules And I must mention the Fat City Burger, on sale at the Queen's Inn in Kingston: A massive beef pattie, with a slice of old chedder cheese, and a thick slice of pea meal bacon .... ahhh .... oh, and it comes with fries (chips) .... and if anyone wants to know what it tastes like; it tastes exactly like a Fat City Burger ... with a hint of bacon butty.
Go on Eric you'll have to tell me...what on earth is Pea Meal Bacon??

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 14-02-2010, 21:20   #21

Quote:
he could put some in his gob and prey for forgiveness
Give it a rest somebody is just trying to live what they believe is a good life and are doing no harm to others in doing so.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 01:28   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Give it a rest somebody is just trying to live what they believe is a good life and are doing no harm to others in doing so.
whatever

seems to me somomes been thinking of trying it orselse why ask about it if its such a sin, besides plenty of muslims eat bacon they just do it where their elders cant see like they do wilth booze

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 15-02-2010 at 01:30.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 05:24   #23
God Member

Quote:
Go on Eric you'll have to tell me...what on earth is Pea Meal Bacon??

Best Regards - Taggy
Oh, it's just back bacon, unsmoked, and, I think, soaked in brine and rolled in a meal made from ground yellow peas. I get mine from a farmer north of 7 .... damn fine eating.

Of course, one has to consider that not eating pork products could be a survival advantage in hot climes .... trichinosis could be a problem. And quite often religious prohibitions of certain foods come from social practices that have developed over the years. Lent is a good example.
Old 15-02-2010, 08:38   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Oh, it's just back bacon, unsmoked, and, I think, soaked in brine and rolled in a meal made from ground yellow peas. I get mine from a farmer north of 7 .... damn fine eating.
Sounds nice that!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 15-02-2010, 09:32   #25

Quote:
whatever

seems to me somomes been thinking of trying it orselse why ask about it if its such a sin, besides plenty of muslims eat bacon they just do it where their elders cant see like they do wilth booze
C'mon big man if your going to swear at me don't hide it let everyone know what you're like.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 10:11   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
C'mon big man if your going to swear at me don't hide it let everyone know what you're like.
from half the remarks i get left i think people are already aware of what im like infact iv learned a few new words in the process which i chose to share with you .

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 15-02-2010 at 10:14.
Old 22-02-2010, 11:34   #27

Quote:
besides plenty of muslims eat bacon they just do it where their elders cant see like they do wilth booze
major generalisation. not all muslims see the "ban" on booze thing a disadvantage. well i certainly dont.
kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 11:49   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash View Post
major generalisation. not all muslims see the "ban" on booze thing a disadvantage. well i certainly dont.
generalisation would have been if i said all muslims .I said plenty of muslims

Old 22-02-2010, 14:40   #29

Tell him it tastes crap, then there is more for us.
Old 24-02-2010, 16:49   #30

mmmmmmmmmmmmm brown sauce
DRAKE77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..