Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2010, 11:44   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i suppose its a big help that graham knows what areas hes expected to cover lol
Like Church, Baxenden, and Altham?

Which Karen didn't know she'll also be expected to represent, according to her website.

Perhaps knowing the local area will be an important attribute after all.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2010, 11:47   #62
Give, give, give member

Are there any Accy Web meets planned before May?

As both Graham Jones and Karen Buckley are both members on this forum, we could invite them both along, and take turns probing them.

Old 14-03-2010, 11:49   #63
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Are there any Accy Web meets planned before May?

As both Graham Jones and Karen Buckley are both members on this forum, we could invite them both along, and take turns probing them.

....and we could supply Karen with detailed instructions and a map, to make sure she knew where the venue was in the area.

Just in case.

Old 14-03-2010, 13:40   #64
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
....and we could supply Karen with detailed instructions and a map, to make sure she knew where the venue was in the area.

Just in case.
Is she not being supplied with a car? Or do the local Tories think they'll have nothing to chau ffer it?

Bum tish I thangyou!

Oh beggar, someone's nicked my coat I'll have to work home in the rain.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 14:01   #65
God Member

surely they can provide a tandem and have cameron bring her as hes so keen on cycling to save the planet ( whilst having a car chaufer his satchel behind him)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 14:42   #66
Give, give, give member

You really shouldn't prejudge her, saying she'll have a chauffeur driven car, laid on by the local Conservative Association.

It might be a sedan chair, manned by two willing supporters.

Old 14-03-2010, 16:04   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You really shouldn't prejudge her, saying she'll have a chauffeur driven car, laid on by the local Conservative Association.

It might be a sedan chair, manned by two willing supporters.
two
Old 14-03-2010, 17:14   #68
God Member

one will do
Attached Images
File Type: jpg piggyback_s.jpg (53.4 KB, 9 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 17:16   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
one will do
exactly
Old 15-03-2010, 01:11   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If selected as your Conservative Prospective Parliamentary Candidate
I WILL resign immediately from my job as a lawyer, find local accommodation and work for the constituents of Hyndburn
Karen Buckley
That's now been taken off her website.

She must have popped her letter of resignation in the relevant letterbox, and is already living amongst us.

Wow, that was quick.

Old 15-03-2010, 04:07   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
That's now been taken off her website.

She must have popped her letter of resignation in the relevant letterbox, and is already living amongst us.

Wow, that was quick.
I hope she does. I think Hyndburn deserves high quality candidates.

I used to think that was lawyers, barristers, business people, bankers but there credibility is low too. I hope that our MP will live and breath the air here, not like Kitty Usher.

James Mawdsley went to Rishton in a rented terrace. I understand the political gain. Try and capture big support in the northern towns. Mind you living in Oswaldtwistle didn't work last time either so I do not know where to recommend. Probably a lot of kudos if Karen lived in the heart of Woodnook?
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2010, 04:10   #72
God Member

Quote:
My family roots are from this area. My mother was born in Accrington and she went to school here, as did my grandfather before that. I am a hard-working mother, lawyer and councillor wanting to change things for the better both locally and at a national level.
if shes not popular enough to stand in her own town what the hell makes her think we want her

she should stick to been a solicitor ( i prefer english terms) if she wants to settle here because at least then she will have a section of the population that would find a use for her.

even the die hard tories of our town dont want her , even as unpoular as labour are right now only a moron would vote for her thinking that she actualy gives a toss about any single person from hyndburn and if accrington is so great why did her parents leave

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 15-03-2010, 04:17   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I hope she does. I think Hyndburn deserves high quality candidates.

I used to think that was lawyers, barristers, business people, bankers but there credibility is low too. I hope that our MP will live and breath the air here, not like Kitty Usher.

James Mawdsley went to Rishton in a rented terrace. I understand the political gain. Try and capture big support in the northern towns. Mind you living in Oswaldtwistle didn't work last time either so I do not know where to recommend. Probably a lot of kudos if Karen lived in the heart of Woodnook?
if she does live amongst us it will be in what the better off call a " second home " or " rented flat "

jesus christ graham if you cant beat this out of town no good bitch we really are a guilable set of idiots and i am far from your biggest fan but at least your local and have tried to do your best here and actually contributed to accrington and not simply been given orders to show your face here and hope labour are unpopular enough that you will get elected no matter who you are

Last edited by accyman; 15-03-2010 at 04:21.
Old 15-03-2010, 04:45   #74
God Member

OK , know I'm an outsider , but can anyone tell me what the "local lads" Greg Pope and Ken Hargreaves have actually done for the area (Hyndburn) ? how many jobs, private sector or Govt. jobs have they managed it finangle to the area through their influence at Westminster ,or any private members bills they have introduced (not supported) to better the life of "man-kind" . If I was voting for someone I would be asking "whats in it for me" maybe selfish, but my family come's first ,and sod the rest of the world , not my responsibility,

Last edited by steeljack; 15-03-2010 at 04:46. Reason: puncuation
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2010, 05:03   #75
God Member

i dont know much about polotics but despite been a tory i do know that ken hargeeves did a lot for his constituants and have heard from many people how he helped them with many matters and gregg pope respectivly has the same reputation for helping out his constituants,

someone shoved into our town from another area renting or having a second home may not have our interests at heart except during a run up for an election where as a person who actually lives here legitimatly and has an established record for helping out our comunity will continue to do so and look out for our interests

to put it bluntly i would much rather trust somone local who has to live with us if they cock up than trust someone who can cock up and run off back home.The local person has more incentive to look after our interests

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..