Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 10:23   #1
Resting in Peace

Oh Hum its a funny old world

Security firms paid £23m to guard police stations | Mail Online
This is when the old statement "you couldn't make it up" comes into play,
doesn't say much for law and order if they can't even look after their own establishment
Old 08-05-2010, 12:51   #2
God Member

Re: Oh Hum its a funny old world

Hang on what law n order? They are too busy chasing motorists to do owt serious.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 13:05   #3

Thats right what spuggie says i a gree they are to bizzy with the motorist
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 14:12   #4
Senior Member+

Barking Mad !!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 14:55   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

That's because your average Plod hasn't had the proper 'Elf 'n' Safedy, training, and far be it for them to disregard the rules eh !

That'd be taking liberties so it would, which would then bring them into bother with the civil liberties people because that'd be impinging on someone's Human rights by making them stand outside in the wet & cold.

Poor Constable Singhs' Turban would get wet & due to his religious beliefs he can't take it off so they'd have to bring him in so the poor fella wouldn't get soaked, thereby breaching a risk assessment ruling that a wet turbans weight may add undue pressure onto the wearers neck, thereby opening the force up for a compensation claim.

But Constable Singhs' replacement Constable Mustafa goes & stands outside so Joe Public would know their local force was operating in observance with diversity & equality rulings by having an Asian officer in the public eye. And would then jump to the conclusion that the Police were being racist by making a coloured gentleman stand outside in the cold & wet !

They then proceed inside to have a word with the desk Sergeant who's a hefty bearded bloke with breast implants & wearing a Skirt (part of the trans-gender equality ruling) to complain about the perceived racial prejudice of making a coloured officer stand outside only to be asked if they'd phoned beforehand to get a crime number, prior to coming to the station directly !

Ludicrous ? far fetched ? or really to close to the knuckle ? Welcome to modern day Britain in all it's Multi-Culti, myriad diversity & splendour, rules & regulations absurdity
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:48   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Doesn't anyone else have an opinion on this ? Come on people its your money they're using !
Old 10-05-2010, 08:19   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Doesn't anyone else have an opinion on this ? Come on people its your money they're using !
the whole concept of it , is too pathetic to have n opinion dave, ludicrous.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:05   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the whole concept of it , is too pathetic to have n opinion dave, ludicrous.
It's typical GB 2010 cashy, we've all gone to hell on a hand cart
Old 10-05-2010, 09:18   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It's typical GB 2010 cashy, we've all gone to hell on a hand cart
Things like this, plus loads of other stupiditys are the main reason i don't give a stuff any more.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:12   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Things like this, plus loads of other stupiditys are the main reason i don't give a stuff any more.
Think we're both rowing the same boat now cashy
Old 15-05-2010, 08:52   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I take it you mean this sort of stupidity !

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: JP is scolded for calling cathedral vandals 'scum'

or even this ?

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Villagers set up camp to foil gypsy invaders

Maybe the Police could use this to help out the pensioners to fight off the Gypo hoard who are trying to build an illegal site.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Police go on patrol in campervan

As the title says "Oh hum, it's a funny old World" only problem being I ain't laughing !! disbelieving & incomprehending would be closer to the mark !
Old 15-05-2010, 09:01   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yep things like that dave,plus many more like criminals having more rights than victims, criminals being let out of nick to make room fer others, the list is endless, far too much to be righted in my lifetime, so why should i waste mine bothering?
Old 15-05-2010, 09:07   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Can you imagine, a Policeman a little strapped for cash books a personal day so that he can go moonlighting at a security firm & his first job is to guard his own station, I wonder if his sergeant would have a few words?

Thinking about it, the sergeant would have a few words and they would be something like this,
"Have you got the 'phone number of that company? I could do with some extra cash myself."
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010, 09:17   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I take it you mean this sort of stupidity !

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: JP is scolded for calling cathedral vandals 'scum'

or even this ?

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Villagers set up camp to foil gypsy invaders

Maybe the Police could use this to help out the pensioners to fight off the Gypo hoard who are trying to build an illegal site.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Police go on patrol in campervan

As the title says "Oh hum, it's a funny old World" only problem being I ain't laughing !! disbelieving & incomprehending would be closer to the mark !
Maybe we could have a special thread in anything goes, to publish stories like the above, it wouldn't be long before it was one of the best subscribed to threads on Accy Web
Old 15-05-2010, 10:31   #15
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Maybe we could have a special thread in anything goes, to publish stories like the above, it wouldn't be long before it was one of the best subscribed to threads on Accy Web
How very sadly true !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..