Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2010, 10:59   #31
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Oh Hum its a funny old world

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Is that an offer to push the wheelchair Less
No chance, a typical Tory like you would keep the brakes on just to make this piece of factory fodder work harder.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2010, 17:54   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No chance, a typical Tory like you would keep the brakes on just to make this piece of factory fodder work harder.
For you Less I'd even drag my feet too
Old 01-10-2010, 19:06   #33
Senior Member+

In the snooker hall under the King's Hall everything would suddenly go quiet as the door slammed open - standing at the top of the steps would be Det Sgt Sargeson.
He would point out the ones he thought or knew who were under age and they had to leave - past him.
One hell of a clout behind the ear, no complaints about that, same if you got caught underage in a pub - instant justice and no crying to Mum and Dad.
Where did it all go wrong?
Old 02-10-2010, 01:39   #34
God Member

How about this for a start..Crime likely to rise as ConDem government slash police budgets by £125million - mirror.co.uk... now this is just one warning from Police chief.. and there are many more...it's all very well to slag of the last Governments attemps to fight crime .. fighting crime costs money..but this present Government have the idea that less spent on our Police means less crime.. very strange.. but here we go!

Last edited by Mancie; 02-10-2010 at 01:48.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:43   #35
God Member

Look on the bright side - fewer police means less chance of being tazered during the revolution.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:36   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Look on the bright side - fewer police means less chance of being tazered during the revolution.

Some might get a kick out of tazerings. Mind you it wont be the revolutionaries.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:40   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
You could taser Mancie and he still wouldn't talk any sense
Old 31-10-2010, 16:01   #38
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I know it's Halloween & all that, but come on :-

Police given advice on witches and pagans - Telegraph

But the best thing about it was this comment posted by one of the readers :-

Old Goat
Today 10:04 AM

Recommended by
36 people

To the police.

I know for certain, that the following are witches. Please arrange for their arrest, summary ducking, and in the worst cases, a barbecue:

Cherie Blair, Harriet Harman, Caroline Lucas, Jacqie Smith, and others of that ilk.

They are accused that on divers dates, they did do witchy things, and are generally hags and tarts.

Made my Day, haven't had such a chuckle in ages Eeh ! fair near widdled meself !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 17:43   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Old Goat

Recommended by
36 people

To the police.

I know for certain, that the following are witches. Please arrange for their arrest, summary ducking, and in the worst cases, a barbecue:

Cherie Blair, Harriet Harman, Caroline Lucas, Jacqie Smith, and others of that ilk.

They are accused that on divers dates, they did do witchy things, and are generally hags and tarts.

Made my Day, haven't had such a chuckle in ages Eeh ! fair near widdled meself !
Sounds like thee and me have a similar sense of humour Dave
Old 31-10-2010, 20:33   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:

Old Goat

Recommended by
36 people

To the police.

Brilliant Dave, read the article, thought it was a 1st of April joke but didn't read the letters page or blog.
Wonder how much this cost and if the Senior Police Officer that Mancie quoted could justify this - or even comment on it?
Old 31-10-2010, 20:45   #41
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Brilliant Dave, read the article, thought it was a 1st of April joke
Me too, but it was in today's paper so has happened recently, absolute belter isn't it ?
Old 01-11-2010, 23:00   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Brilliant Dave, read the article, thought it was a 1st of April joke but didn't read the letters page or blog.
Wonder how much this cost and if the Senior Police Officer that Mancie quoted could justify this - or even comment on it?
The demolition government cuts in fighting crime, or even bringing those convicted of crime to boot makes things look pretty grim...this is no April fools joke..it is typical tory policey.. lie,get power, then destroy..18,000 fewer police.

SPENDING REVIEW 2010: More criminals spared prison and 18k fewer police | Mail Online

Last edited by Mancie; 01-11-2010 at 23:06.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:55   #43
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
The demolition government cuts in fighting crime, or even bringing those convicted of crime to boot makes things look pretty grim...this is no April fools joke..it is typical tory policey.. lie,get power, then destroy..18,000 fewer police.

SPENDING REVIEW 2010: More criminals spared prison and 18k fewer police | Mail Online
The "Mail" Mancie, the nerve of these people, just as well the "Mail" can be relied on to report such injustices eh? Like this for example

Labour's early prisoner release scheme is scrapped | Mail Online
Old 02-11-2010, 09:17   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The "Mail" Mancie, the nerve of these people, just as well the "Mail" can be relied on to report such injustices eh? Like this for example

Take no notice of Mancie Dave, he always mocks me for quoting the Mail, but doesn't hesitate to use it himself if he agrees with one of their "made up story's"
Old 02-11-2010, 23:13   #45
God Member

Quote:

It's been reported in most papers Dave.. I chose to post the mail because if I'd posted the guardian, I would have had that tory bloke on here saying it was all left wing rubbish!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..